Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 227 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#233788 - 05/04/13 02:29 AM Spice Rack of (Career) Death?!
Grumpity Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Hello, I'm new here and have enjoyed reading lots of posts about this great game. I haven't seen one which addresses my question, so if there is an answer somewhere, please forgive me for duplicating.

I have a family in which both adults have kitchen-oriented jobs, so I purchased the Rack of International Spices (may not be the exact name) under the Career tab in the store. Since then, my folks can't complete a work cycle. They start out normally, but after just a few moments they start going to the corner where the kitchen counters go perpendicular and say, "Hmm," then they go back to where their stuff is laid out, whisk something a little bit, and go right back to the corner and say, "Hmm," and this repeats over and over. Just a little while ago, I decided to time one of the characters. After approximately 5 minutes, he abruptly decided he needed a Quick Workout and abandoned the work cycle.

Has anyone else seen this? I can't get rid of the spice rack as it's permanently affixed to the counter top. Any help, anyone? Thanks in advance!

#233789 - 05/04/13 02:39 AM Re: Spice Rack of (Career) Death?! [Re: Grumpity]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Grumpity, Welcome to the forum. smile Yes, we're aware of the issue. You can read more about it here and here. smile

Edited by LadyCFII (05/12/13 02:35 PM)
Edit Reason: Fixed typo in link

#233794 - 05/04/13 04:24 AM Re: Spice Rack of (Career) Death?! [Re: MissKathy]
Grumpity Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Thank you for the quick response! smile

#233795 - 05/04/13 04:41 AM Re: Spice Rack of (Career) Death?! [Re: Grumpity]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
You're welcome Grumpity! We're always happy to help. smile I hope you enjoy your little family. laugh

#233994 - 05/12/13 02:03 PM Re: Spice Rack of (Career) Death?! [Re: MissKathy]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
Is there an update to this problem? I have installed the update from 4/23. It appears I am still having this problem. When I puchase a career item progress seems to stop for that career. My family member does go thru a work cycle and does earn money, but I am not seeing career progress. For example in Generation 3 I updated the office and my kitchen worker advanced to the next level overnight while the office worker made very little progress. In generation 4 I upgraded the Kitchen and overnight the office worker was promoted but the kitchen work is still in same spot.I am on generation 4 so the upgrade are rather expensive.

I have been too impatient to see if they make no progress at all or if it just slows them down to a crawl because I have purchased a new upgrade as soon as I can afford it.

BTW - Miss Kathy's first link in this discussion gives me a HTTP 404 error - Web Page can not be found.

#233995 - 05/12/13 02:36 PM Re: Spice Rack of (Career) Death?! [Re: Mayfly]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

We are still looking at this issue, but it's not fixed yet. I've fixed up the broken link in the post, so you should be able to get there now. laugh

#237125 - 04/28/14 12:52 AM Re: Spice Rack of (Career) Death?! [Re: LadyCFII]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
This HAS been resolved by now, April 2014, hasn't it?

#237126 - 04/28/14 03:30 AM Re: Spice Rack of (Career) Death?! [Re: George T SLC]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

It has been fixed in the iOS version of the game. The desktop versions and the Android version will follow shortly. We're working on adding other fixes and/or content in those versions.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter