Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#233577 - 04/28/13 07:45 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Anarose]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi Anarose, I also have both VF and VF 2 going on my computer. I play VF 2 during the day and VF until I'm so tired I have to get to bed, lol!

Well, I'm a ways off (hopefully anyway!) from being a Great Grandma as my oldest grandchild just turned 14 and he's just starting to get interested in girls -- I'm hoping it's at least another 10 years away, lol! You never know nowadays though.

Yes, bring back the coin collection -- I'll pay more too!

#233592 - 04/28/13 05:10 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Sundance Offline

Hi all! I'm not a regular poster but have been a LDW games fan for years - addicted to VF1. Just downloaded VF2 on my pc and loving it (got impatient waiting for it!). I have a couple of issues: One of my peeps never seems to complete a cycle of work in the kitchen. He just keeps working and the counter top never clears off. He has progressed to almost level 4 so I know somethings working right. Also, when both of my adult peeps work on their careers, I never see coins added to the total. Is this something new from VF1 or do I have a glitch? Hope I put this question in the right thread. I'm not good at these forums. Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

#233595 - 04/28/13 05:57 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Simsane
Hi Anarose, I also have both VF and VF 2 going on my computer. I play VF 2 during the day and VF until I'm so tired I have to get to bed, lol!

Well, I'm a ways off (hopefully anyway!) from being a Great Grandma as my oldest grandchild just turned 14 and he's just starting to get interested in girls -- I'm hoping it's at least another 10 years away, lol! You never know nowadays though.

Yes, bring back the coin collection -- I'll pay more too!

Simsane, I spend time with my VF 1 and 2 families off and on during the day - most days. Nice reward for getting other things done. Also have all of the Virtual Villager games going; some of my villages are paused, Oh, and Plant and Fish tycoon as well. Good thing those can be set to slow or paused!

We all play differently. While some just pop in for a quick look-see once in a while others of us enjoy actually spending time with our little friends and their families. smile

#233596 - 04/28/13 06:03 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Sundance]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Hi all! I'm not a regular poster but have been a LDW games fan for years - addicted to VF1. Just downloaded VF2 on my pc and loving it (got impatient waiting for it!). I have a couple of issues: One of my peeps never seems to complete a cycle of work in the kitchen. He just keeps working and the counter top never clears off. He has progressed to almost level 4 so I know somethings working right. Also, when both of my adult peeps work on their careers, I never see coins added to the total. Is this something new from VF1 or do I have a glitch? Hope I put this question in the right thread. I'm not good at these forums. Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

Sundance, You may wish to share this in the technical issue forum ( I know there is a place to do this - may not be called something else confused. I understand that as of April 23 LDW updated the full & trial versions offered here. Not sure what all this corrected? I do know that if we purchased and downloaded the game from a different vender we must wait until that vender is ready to provide the update.

Others have experienced the same kitchen worker frustration. In my game this has never been a problem.

Edited by Anarose (04/28/13 06:23 PM)
Edit Reason: changed a word

#233597 - 04/28/13 06:16 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Sundance]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I have a couple of issues: One of my peeps never seems to complete a cycle of work in the kitchen. He just keeps working and the counter top never clears off. He has progressed to almost level 4 so I know somethings working right.
What is your peep's job?
Quote:
when both of my adult peeps work on their careers, I never see coins added to the total. Is this something new from VF1 or do I have a glitch?
That's normal when the peeps aren't earning much at the beginning of their careers. Unlike VF1, VF2 doesn't work in fractions of a coin, so the money added after a successful work cycle is often less than one. The fractions are, however, added up and credited when they reach a whole coin and so you don't lose out on anything.

#233600 - 04/28/13 06:31 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: arnie]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Arnie, that is what I was thinking..that peeps who earn less start out slower. I know this is how it works with my peeps. Again, this game requires some patience on our part :-)

If Sundance's kitchen worker does not over time show any progress I suppose this would be a problem with the game- especially since the peep has reached level 4!

Sundance, please let us know what happens over time with this peep's work progress!

Edited by Anarose (04/28/13 06:32 PM)
Edit Reason: clarified comment

#233606 - 04/28/13 08:44 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: ajuma]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: ajuma
The one thing I've noticed about this game is that I'm not as emotionally invested in the peeps as I was when I first played VF1. I actually paused my game for a couple of days because I knew one of my peeps was going to pass away. When I finally turned the game back on, I cried when the first peep died. I'm sure I won't this time.
I suspect it's partly due to the goals and, or, rewards in reaching the top levels, ASAP. Which has brought the emphases on working till they drop, ASAP! Then it's onto the next family…. smile

It will be interesting to note how we feel when all levels are completed!

#233611 - 04/28/13 09:43 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Anarose]
Sundance Offline

Originally Posted By: Anarose

Sundance, please let us know what happens over time with this peep's work progress!

Arnie & Anarose - thanks for your replies. I will definitely let you know how it goes. Your explanation re the salary not toting up each time in the beginning make sense.

#233622 - 04/29/13 03:39 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Anarose]
Erin333 Offline

Loc: West Cork Éire
I have a wee girl that's been depressed since birth, she is now 7..still depressed..
I did everything, treat her, have her do something good, and reward her, then costly therapy, where she became just a wee blue, eh today again, she is depressed I mean her happiness level is flat lined poor thing..:(

Edited by Erin333 (04/29/13 03:40 AM)
Edit Reason: grammer edit

#233623 - 04/29/13 04:07 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Erin333]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
What are her likes and dislikes, Erin? Those could be affecting her smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter