Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#233475 - 04/25/13 05:15 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Simsane
Hi Anarose and welcome! Glad you added to this thread. smile You have an interesting way of playing, will be curious to hear about that family as it progresses.

I now think that because things are more expensive and because there are so many more items available, that it is actually going to hold my interest much longer than the original.

Thank you for the welcome. I own, play and LOVE all of the VV and VF games!

You have "hit the nail on the head" this version does offer us more long term challenges and inspires more personal game play ideas and challenges.

I will be happy to share updates about my Happy family :-)

Also I wish to congratulate Swedane on the arrival of boy -girl twins! That really is very unusual!

#233477 - 04/25/13 06:30 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
My kid (only have one so far, they refuse to try for another one) keeps goign to that largest room and saying he wished it was an "exercise" room! As far as I knew, there wasn't even going to BE an exercise room, lol!

Well, you can buy a treadmill, so maybe whatever room you put it in will be the exercise room. wink

My people keep wishing for a kids' room. There's a room that contains three children's beds and two plush toys. Isn't that a children's room? What the heck do they want? confused

The mother of my first generation died last night, and her grown daughter moved back in and took over the house. When the daughter moved in, she was Elated. Well, geeze, I know it's nice to be in charge and all, but your mother just died. Couldn't you be merely happy for a day or two? crazy

#233480 - 04/25/13 08:54 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
lol! I agree, that's not very nice of her to be elated right after the death of her mother -- wonder how well they got along, lol!

I read in some post that apparently you can make two bedrooms for kids -- like one for the girls and one for the boys, so maybe that's what she's wishing for?

Yea, I knew about the treadmill but am actually wondering if an update will add more exercise equipment as well. Plus, I think I remember seeing some yoga equipment in one of the store sections? Might be thinking of a different game or just thinking that there should be some, am not sure. I sometimes suffer from CRS. (I can't right that out for anyone who doesn't already know what it is, lol! But just think of Senior Moments instead, lol!)

#233485 - 04/25/13 09:19 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Plus, I think I remember seeing some yoga equipment in one of the store sections?

You're right, there IS yoga equipment, so your memory is better than you're giving yourself credit for. wink

#233520 - 04/26/13 09:44 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Corylea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I see you've already installed it in your pink bedroom mod, Corylea!

Looks good, BTW!

#233521 - 04/26/13 11:02 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
The one thing I've noticed about this game is that I'm not as emotionally invested in the peeps as I was when I first played VF1. I actually paused my game for a couple of days because I knew one of my peeps was going to pass away. When I finally turned the game back on, I cried when the first peep died. I'm sure I won't this time.

#233536 - 04/26/13 06:38 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: arnie]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: arnie
I see you've already installed it in your pink bedroom mod, Corylea!

Looks good, BTW!

Thank you, Arnie! smile

#233539 - 04/26/13 07:32 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Corylea, I actually checked out your Pink Bedroom mod (and have downloaded it but my peeps haven't upgraded that room yet) but not until After I had written the above post.

Thankfully my memory IS better than I gave it credit for, lol! Although I didn't even notice that I wrote "right" instead of "write", lol!

#233542 - 04/26/13 08:04 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Well, I've been kicking myself for buying VF2 from a different vendor (had a game credit to spend there..) instead here at the LDW place..which is what I had originally intended to do. The vendor has not yet provided the update and the mods in the tech forum there are like stuck records suggesting that the glitches are probably caused by things outside of the game. Never mind the fact that many players whose computers run on different operating systems are having the same problems!

Happily, my game is plays smoothly despite a minor, occasional cursor blip. (Thanks for putting up with my posting a complaining comment!) Still, my game needs a few fixes!

Now..back to enjoying the game!

Originally Posted By: ajuma
The one thing I've noticed about this game is that I'm not as emotionally invested in the peeps as I was when I first played VF1. I actually paused my game for a couple of days because I knew one of my peeps was going to pass away. When I finally turned the game back on, I cried when the first peep died. I'm sure I won't this time.

I will confess that at a certain point I keep hoping the stragglers from a generation will hurry up and delete so that I can move on to the next! ( I have both VF and VF 2 in play)

Hi Corylea (simsane's waving at you) --

I laughed at your response and then read your signature and laughed again. smile I have 5 grandkids, so I don't know if that's middle-aged or, ahem, senior, lol!

I am a great granny and a great fan of LD of W games :-)

You mention missing the coin collection. So do I. Would be nice if the game could be updated with additional collections for those of us who are hooked on completing collections. I would even be willing to pay a small fee for such additions.

#233576 - 04/28/13 05:09 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Anarose]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

I am enjoying all of the little surprises that are happening along the way! :-)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter