Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#233365 - 04/24/13 12:30 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: swedane]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi again, Swedane. smile I haven't gotten far enough with any family to hit the point where I can no longer buy the things I would like to buy yet, but I definitely thought that the "generational locks" were a bad idea when I first read about them. I also think that the collecting certificate should be something that is for sale ALL the time (remember the picture in VF 1? All you had to do was figure out how to open the shed, which cost you nothing and was available instantly.) and that it shouldn't cost more than 100 coins tops.

A question, has anyone started a brand new peep since installing the updated version? I deleted my two games after I installed the new version and started a new one. I cannot get her to water the flowers that are in the flower boxes just to the right of the hose/watering cans. She picks up a watering can and fills it with the hose then walks somewhere else in the yard to water flowers. I have tried it four times already and she goes somewhere different each time, but never to the flower boxes. Is there some special trick to it? I know that one of the two families that I deleted had already watered the correct flowers and that I had received the trophy for that but I cannot get my newest peep to do it. Weird, huh?

#233368 - 04/24/13 12:53 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
Hi Simsane,

I have not installed the update yet. But, for my first family, my peeps watered many places in the garden and I still received the Plant Tycoon" goal.

I too am still completing my first generation and have run out things I want to buy. Have not updated a career, or bought a maid etc. But I have played the lottery a couple of times with the extra cash (some good some bad results).

I also am wondering about the generational wait. I must admit it has slowed me down so that I actually get some real work done. In VF1 I felt bad when my peeps died, now I can't wait. I feel a little ghoulish! And everytime my adults in Family 1 complain about not have XYZ room, I keep thinking "Careful what you wish for!"

One of the new things that has tickled my is the need to empty the trash can everytime Mom changes the baby's diaper.
I wish my Tween age children had something better to play with than a stuffed toy. Maybe a Ball that could go out side with them? I wish there was a hot spot where my peep could make coffee! and maybe a little energy boost.

My peeps have made so many pine cone xmas wreaths and nut cakes we are set for xmas 2039!

Edited by Mayfly (04/24/13 12:59 AM)
Edit Reason: Forgot to mention:

#233371 - 04/24/13 01:08 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Mayfly]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Originally Posted By: Mayfly
And everytime my adults in Family 1 complain about not have XYZ room, I keep thinking "Careful what you wish for!"

Hee, hee. Yes, exactly! "But I can't add that second bathroom until YOU are dead! You sure you want it that much?"

Originally Posted By: Mayfly

I wish my Tween age children had something better to play with than a stuffed toy. Maybe a Ball that could go out side with them?

They can spontaneously choose to play a board game, but it's autonomous; you can't buy them a board game and make them play it. And they only play it alone; it would be nice if the kids could play together, or even if the whole family could play.

There just doesn't seem to be that much to do in this game...

#233376 - 04/24/13 02:12 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

hmmm, well maybe I'll start another peep and see if I can get the trophy for watering the plants with that one. I am beginning to think I need to completely uninstall and then reinstall the game but I think that would involve getting LDW to do something and Plimus to do something and I don't want to cause even more trouble for them. So, I'll first try it with another family instead.

#233379 - 04/24/13 02:24 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Simsane, did you see the answer that MissKathy posted for you, here about the flowers?
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233386 - 04/24/13 03:11 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Xay]
Simsane Offline
Master

Thank you again, Xay, I have now read that post and responded again. smile

#233393 - 04/24/13 05:50 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
To check I've just got one of my peeps to water the flowers in the updated game. I'd already got the trophy at the beginning, so didn't get it again.
Click to reveal..
The important thing is to drop the peep in the right place. Drop the peep right in the middle of the circle made by the coiled hose, not on the watering cans or nearby.

#233397 - 04/24/13 07:40 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
I got my family a puppy, and when they sat down to have a meal, the puppy came into the kitchen, then got up on its hind legs and begged! It was so cute.

#233400 - 04/24/13 08:41 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

Oh, that really is cute! Sounds like the pets are far more entertaining in this game than in the original. I quit buying the pets in the original because they were pretty boring, lol!

#233401 - 04/24/13 08:42 AM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: arnie]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: arnie
To check I've just got one of my peeps to water the flowers in the updated game. I'd already got the trophy at the beginning, so didn't get it again.
Click to reveal..
The important thing is to drop the peep in the right place. Drop the peep right in the middle of the circle made by the coiled hose, not on the watering cans or nearby.

Thank you Arnie! That's probably what I'm doing wrong -- I didn't really pay attention the two times I did get that trophy before I updated to the newer version. I must not be dropping her in the correct spot. I'll check tomorrow as she's sleeping (hopefully anyway, lol!) right now.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter