Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#233286 - 04/22/13 10:18 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi Corylea (simsane's waving at you) --

I laughed at your response and then read your signature and laughed again. smile I have 5 grandkids, so I don't know if that's middle-aged or, ahem, senior, lol!

Well, for anyone reading this (hopefully maybe one of the game developers) I have a suggestion that may improve the game.

Please, please put the coin collectibles back into this game. You see, it's actually a bit unfair right now. You can't really collect the bugs except for after a rain and even then rarely plus you can't collect the dinosaur bones until after you first buy something in the store and if it's not in the store or if you don't have the money then you are out of luck.

Therefore, the only collectible that's readily available are the Nuts, Leaves and Twigs or whatever they are called. I miss the coins. frown

#233291 - 04/22/13 10:34 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Suggestions are best placed in the Developer Feedback Forum section that's used by many of our fans to offer suggestions and comments related to our games. We use that as our primary reference for fan feedback, and we do read all of the comments that are posted there, although we cannot promise to use a specific recommendation. Here is a link to the most appropriate forum area for you to post your feedback.

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=233078#Post233078 smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233293 - 04/22/13 10:40 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Xay]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Xay
Suggestions are best placed in the Developer Feedback Forum section that's used by many of our fans to offer suggestions and comments related to our games. We use that as our primary reference for fan feedback, and we do read all of the comments that are posted there, although we cannot promise to use a specific recommendation. Here is a link to the most appropriate forum area for you to post your feedback.

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=233078#Post233078 smile

Just came back to this thread and laughed when I read your comment -- only cause I had just got done putting my suggestion into that very same thread you have directed me to. But thank you Xay, I welcome your comment/advice. Hopefully the developers will give my suggestion some consideration.

Edited by Simsane (04/22/13 11:13 PM)

#233296 - 04/22/13 11:02 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Changing the game to a smaller res doesn't make the menu bar smaller. I'm inclined to make it transparent, did the same in VF.

You're right, there should be a way to turn the tutorial off and on.

What to do when your family -in their mid forties- has earned more money than they can spend in their virtual life? There's nothing more I can buy or do for them, except wait for them to pass on. It's rather a shame that we players can't decide what to buy and when to buy it. It make the game very restrictive and takes away the fun in progressing to the next level.

#233298 - 04/22/13 11:11 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: swedane]
Simsane Offline
Master

Swedane, are you talking about the fact that some items cannot be purchased until you are in the second generation or third generation, etc? I was wondering if that was going to be a "good" thing or a "bad" thing. Sounds like maybe it's not going to be such a good idea afterall.

I know though that with the original Virtual Families, once I had bought all the upgraded rooms and had purchased all the items that are offered in the upper right hand corner of the store (in the VF 1 game) I usually ended up wiping out that family and starting over. I got bored of it otherwise and just getting the trophies wasn't really that big of a deal for me.

This version seems to have a lot more to it -- like buying different colors of beds, lots more stuff to buy for career upgrades, etc. So I was hoping that I wouldn't get bored of it as easily. I think that's part of the reason they have the "generational locks" on the items as well but yea, I have a feeling that I'm not going to like those locks once I finally have enough money to get what I want but can't because of the locks.

Oh, and thanks for responding about the resolution -- I had a feeling that changing it wouldn't make any difference. I don't know how to mod, so I can't make it transparent. I can hope someone else uploads a mod that's already done that though, hint, hint, lol!

#233326 - 04/23/13 05:11 PM Comments & Observations
Simsane Offline
Master

Wow, Swedane, thanks for making that! That was so nice of you! I do get what you're saying and, to be honest with you, I'm not positive I really like this game. I hate to admit that cause I was so excited about it but I'm just not sure. I played it off and on all day yesterday after I bought it and then after dinner last evening I was playing my old Virtual Families that I have set to reverse day and night and I liked them better.

Sad, cause I was so hoping to love this game. Right now though, I only have one family running and I just went in there for the first time today and the Dad was sick. I picked him up and dropped him down over and over and over again and it wouldn't say HOW he was sick at all. He would just groan and it just kept saying he was sick. So, I went to purchase the Doctor's Visit and was SHOCKED at the price! Fortunately they had all night to add up money but still.

Why did they have to make it so much harder to get money (less collectibles) and then make EVERYTHING (except the food) be SO much more expensive?!! I am seriously thinking of deleting that family and deleting the icon off my desk and chalking it up to a loss of $10 bucks. I don't know, I just really don't like the added difficulty. Games should be fun and easy, not difficult and boring.

Edited by Simsane (04/23/13 05:13 PM)

#233333 - 04/23/13 07:43 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Ignoring the fact that the bone collectibles can't be got at from the beginning of the game, I wonder if in fact there are less collectibles? There were no duplicates of the house picture in VF1 so they're out as a source of money. So both games have essentially three sources of duplicates. However, the nuts and leaves do appear a lot in my game. I've been lucky enough to get the certificate now so can start to collect the dinosaur bones as well. Of course, it was also in the very first flea market screen right when I started the game - I had no chance of buying it then, even if its price had been half the 1500 coins. The insects, of course, appear when it's raining, just as in VF1.

I don't have VF1 installed on this machine so I can't compare with that, but the salaries paid to the peeps in the Windows/Mac version are twice those paid to those in the iOS version. Also, interest is paid at 10% (which I think was the same in VF1), whereas it starts at 1 or 2% (I think) in the iOS version. You can increase the interest rate paid, but it requires an in-app purchase using real money.

#233353 - 04/23/13 11:08 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: arnie]
Simsane Offline
Master

Arnie, you are correct, the salaries are higher. I need to give this game more time. Maybe I just don't know "how" to play very well yet and will love it once I get it more figured out.

Edited by Simsane (04/23/13 11:36 PM)

#233358 - 04/23/13 11:39 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
swedane Offline
Master

I was a wee bit confused as to where things went, until I learned MissKathy moved the files to their proper location here.

I'm therefore reposting my original answer to Simsane. Are you confused too? grin
==========
Originally Posted By: Simsane
Swedane, are you talking about the fact that some items cannot be purchased until you are in the second generation or third generation, etc? I was wondering if that was going to be a "good" thing or a "bad" thing. Sounds like maybe it's not going to be such a good idea afterall.

Yes, Simsane, that's exactly it. The peeps responsiveness & consistency, in VF2, way surpasses any previous games.
Granted it has more stuff, but you can't get at it. Having to sit around and wait for the old folks to die off, is not exactly a barrel of laughs. crazy they are now in their late fifties and I'm still waiting.
==========

Phew.... I think it's all taken care now!

#233361 - 04/23/13 11:58 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Darn certificate shows up at the very start of the game, when you least can afford it. cry Now that I have the money, the certificate eludes me... cry some more.

Talk about nuts, I could open an almond warehouse.... I must have collected them in the hundreds. Seams like 60% of the collectables are nuts!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter