Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#233262 - 04/22/13 07:42 PM Comments & Observations
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
When I told my peep to Prepare a Meal and was watching, she went to the left side of the table, right near that stool on the corner and bent over. I always play with the Music all the way down so I can hear the sounds and it sounded like she opened a cupboard door then shut it again. Then she moved along the table and repeated that gesture along with the accompanying sounds. Weird since the island doesn't have built in cupboards, lol!

I love the money you get from doing the tutorial but wish there was an option to NOT do it. I see where I can click to replay it (wonder if you get the coins again? lol!) but no option to NOT play the tutorial. I have played VF original for many years and really don't want to play the tutorial, especially not every single time I start a new peep.

There was a weed in the lower west corner of my yard that I could barely see and could barely put my peep onto because the Menu bar was halfway hiding it. I think I have the correct screen resolution -- mine is 1280 x 1024 -- but am not sure. Should I change it? Will that make it so the Menu bar is smaller and not blocking so much of the screen?

Where do they sleep? I seem to always start with a ratty old couch and can see ONE peep sleeping on that but what if they marry before I can fix up a room and/or buy a bed? What if they have kids right away, where will the kid sleep? I already had one peep marry and when the tutorial said to first place the couch and then to have my peeps try for baby, it worked and they got a baby. Now I don't know where to have them all sleep. Do they just sleep on the floor?

I love the fact that they don't have to carry each weed to the recycle bin, that's a great improvement, although a bit unrealistic. Also, why did they put the garbage in the recycle bin instead of into the garbage can?

Well, I guess that's all for now. I just bought the game and haven't had much time to check it out yet. Will probably come back when I notice more stuff.

Great game and am glad it finally came to PC!

Edit:

Went back into my game. Now, first of all I need to state that I have two games going. In the first one, I only have a single female. She has not married yet. My second game has the married couple with a new baby which I'm worried about where they will all sleep (especially after the baby turns into a child).

I decided to Change Players and went back into my first game. Right after the game started, the Tutorial box popped open and said, now that they are married, put one peep on to another to Try For Baby (well, something to that effect anyway). This peep isn't married yet, so how could I?

I really think they need to look into fixing the tutorial and maybe while they are at it, they can add an option to NOT play it.

I do like this game though and am not at all upset or frustrated or whatever that there are some little "oddities" in it. wink I also have most of LDW's games and bought most right when they came out so I am aware already that often times there are glitches to begin with and version updates will come out with the "fixes" in time.

Edited by Simsane (04/22/13 07:55 PM)
Edit Reason: Want to add a bit more

#233263 - 04/22/13 07:51 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

The peeps will all sleep on the couch and if there is no room available, in my case, they might just conk out on the floor smile

#233265 - 04/22/13 07:58 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Princess_Atta]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Princess_Atta
The peeps will all sleep on the couch and if there is no room available, in my case, they might just conk out on the floor smile

ha,ha,ha, that's funny! laugh So, I guess I don't need to worry about a bed for a while. Thanks for the quick response.

#233266 - 04/22/13 08:06 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
spygirl2 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Florida
I also love the fact that they don't have to go to the garbage each time they pull a weed.
I love the change in weather - rain, snow, fog - but, the fog needs to be over the outside and not over the rooms! It is so hard to see anything with that fog. Snow is so great! Need to be able to gather it for a snowman!
I also worried about the beds, but when one of my peeps got very sick and needed vancomycin, I couldn't afford the dr. visit nor the medicine, so I had to sell everything! Even after selling, I still didn't have enough money left, so I sold the double bed! Guess what! The mom stayed asleep on the floor where the bed had been! So, I guess they will sleep anywhere!

#233268 - 04/22/13 08:21 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: spygirl2]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Texas
How do you get your game to run with the 1280 x 1024 resolution?
I'm just curious.

#233269 - 04/22/13 08:27 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: spygirl2]
Simsane Offline
Master

Since I just bought the game, I've only seen sunshine, rain and most recently, fog. Because I also play the VV games, I was quickly scanning for collectibles while it was foggy but didn't actually see any -- guess the fog doesn't increase the chance of finding a collectible in VF2 like it does in the VV games. Oh well. I like the fog too but agree with you, it shouldn't be seen inside the house as it does make it more difficult to see. I just can't really see how they could fix that other than to get rid of the fog completely but I'm NOT a computer programmer so maybe it's possible.

It's too bad that you had such a serious illness hit so early in the game. I haven't had any illnesses yet but as I said, I just started playing. I know that in the original game it's fairly rare to see illnesses which require the vancomycin but maybe it will be more common in this version. I hope not as the doctor bill and the vancomycin add up to a lot of money that isn't easy to get in the beginning.

#233271 - 04/22/13 08:30 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: stonzee]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: stonzee
How do you get your game to run with the 1280 x 1024 resolution?
I'm just curious.

ummm, I don't know, it just does. That's the resolution my screen is always set at and I just started out by downloading the Trial version and installing it. I went into the game to play mostly to make sure it did play, then back out again to this site to buy the game. Waited to get the code then went back in, put the code in and started playing.

I didn't actually DO anything to get it to play in that resolution though, it just did.

Edited to add:

Just double-checked to make sure I had typed in the correct numbers for the screen resolution. Yep, it says 1280 x 1024 then below that it says Landscape. I do have a rather old monitor though, maybe that's why?

Edited by Simsane (04/22/13 08:32 PM)

#233272 - 04/22/13 08:32 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Texas
Thanks for your response. I don't have that resolution option or I would try it. I have a wide large screen laptop.

#233273 - 04/22/13 08:35 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: stonzee]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: stonzee
Thanks for your response. I don't have that resolution option or I would try it. I have a wide large screen laptop.

Oh, that's probably why. I have an older desktop computer and monitor -- no widescreen here. wink My husband and kids upgraded my computer for my birthday in January but didn't get me a new monitor to go with it. I'm content with mine though so that's ok. smile

#233280 - 04/22/13 09:37 PM Re: Comments & Observations [Re: Simsane]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
It's a big couch; it turns out that you can fit several people on it!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter