Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#233166 - 04/20/13 03:10 PM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: Dragoness]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
As I said in the Windows/ Mac forum, salaries do appear to be double those in in iOS version. I've compared prices of some store items and they seem the same, but I haven't looked at more than a few things. No doubt this is due to the lack of IAPs in the desktop versions.

#233508 - 04/26/13 07:25 AM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: arnie]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hey Arnie, what is an IAP? I know, I can be really dumb, but you don't learn if you don't ask, right? smile

#233537 - 04/26/13 06:46 PM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: Simsane]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
In-App Purchases smile which are things you buy on the iOS version with real money. Since there is no method in Windows versions to purchase IAPs from, they were removed completely in the desktop versions of the game.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233538 - 04/26/13 07:30 PM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: Xay]
Simsane Offline
Master

Oh -- Thank you Xay! smile Now I understand why I didn't know what an IAP was, lol! I'm glad I have the PC version, things are expensive enough, lol! Must be why the salary is doubled.

#233541 - 04/26/13 08:01 PM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: Simsane]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Originally Posted By: Simsane
Oh -- Thank you Xay! smile Now I understand why I didn't know what an IAP was, lol! I'm glad I have the PC version, things are expensive enough, lol! Must be why the salary is doubled.

The game itself is FREE for the iOS, so the way LDW makes any money on that version of the game is through the in-app purchases. We paid for the PC version of the game, though, so asking us to buy stuff for real money inside that version of the game would be kinda rude. wink

#233709 - 05/01/13 03:36 AM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: Corylea]
stardustz17 Offline

Loc: USA
Sorry I've been away for so long. Work has taken up much of my time.

I updated the file's title, now "Virtual Families 2 (VF2) Data Guide for iOS". I also included a note indicating that the salaries are for the iOS version and not the pc/mac version. Thanks for the information Arnie smile

I might make a windows/mac income table based on the assumption that it is 2x the amount earned in the iOS version. I also plan on updating the spreadsheet with information regarding events and the items you can purchase.

As always, any help with missing or incorrect information is much appreciated laugh

Until next time~

#233711 - 05/01/13 07:10 AM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Corylea
Originally Posted By: Simsane

The game itself is FREE for the iOS, so the way LDW makes any money on that version of the game is through the in-app purchases. We paid for the PC version of the game, though, so asking us to buy stuff for real money inside that version of the game would be kinda rude. wink

Yea, I understand that, Corylea, I just have never made any IAP's and forgot that such things existed. When I stated that things are expensive, I meant for our peeps in the game. smile

#233712 - 05/01/13 10:29 AM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: stardustz17]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I might make a windows/mac income table based on the assumption that it is 2x the amount earned in the iOS version.
It occurs to me that a couple of times I've seen salaries in the Windows version (presumably the same in the Mac OS version) that end in a 5, so they can't be uniformly double those in the iOS version. I'd say they'd be close enough, though!

#233722 - 05/01/13 09:46 PM Re: Careers and Salaries for VF2 [Re: stardustz17]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Originally Posted By: stardustz17
Sorry I've been away for so long. Work has taken up much of my time.

I updated the file's title, now "Virtual Families 2 (VF2) Data Guide for iOS". I also included a note indicating that the salaries are for the iOS version and not the pc/mac version. Thanks for the information Arnie smile

I might make a windows/mac income table based on the assumption that it is 2x the amount earned in the iOS version. I also plan on updating the spreadsheet with information regarding events and the items you can purchase.

As always, any help with missing or incorrect information is much appreciated laugh

Until next time~

Hi stardustz17, thank you so much for all the time you've spent working on this spreadsheet,it's such a valuable tool! smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter