Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#232611 - 03/08/13 10:35 PM Definitely want babies and Booster shot
boet Offline
Trainee

Loc: Alaska
Second gen Family have 2 children. Only able to get 2nd by giving Mother Baby Booster Shot after Dr. consult. Then 3rd attempt failed and Dr Consult on Father said to give Baby Booster which I did. Both parents are Definitely Want Children but even after both getting booster shot all further attempts fail.

Is this supposed to happen? Thank you.

#232612 - 03/08/13 11:13 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: boet]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
If you'd like to increase their chances even further, you can use more than one Baby Boost on each parent, however, each successive shot won't be as effective as the previous shot, but it will still help.

Just like in real life, having a baby isn't easy, even with help. Persistence is key! smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#232613 - 03/09/13 03:26 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: Xay]
boet Offline
Trainee

Loc: Alaska
Thank you Heather:) I suspected as much that it tries to emulate real life and I have been there myself LOL

#232639 - 03/15/13 03:06 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: boet]
alazzia Offline

My peeps have kids just fine, up to 5. After the 5th, they refuse to have any more children. This has happened every generation. Is this the max for iOS? I thought 6 was the max. I have peeps in their early 40s that refuse to have that 6th kid. Adoption is too expensive, so I haven't tried that.

#232640 - 03/15/13 04:05 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: alazzia]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It will likely be difficult for the parents to produce 6 children unless they both "definitely" want them, since parents who don't want a lot of kids will resist your efforts to have a large family. Even when both parents definitely want kids, you might have to be persistent, because their ability to produce children decreases with age and the number of children they've already had (baby boost can help with that). Unlike with the original VF, the couple's mutual desire for children has a significant influence on family size.

#232643 - 03/16/13 03:23 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: LadyCFII]
alazzia Offline

This is very different from VF! I thought for sure having a baby in their 40s wouldn't be problem, if the age limit is still 50. I have been extremely persistent, trying for the 6th baby every year after they turn 40, and trying several times, but so far the issue persists over the generations: after the 5th baby, the parents refuse to have another one, even if they're still of age. I'll have to wait until the family has more money and adopt. smile

#232644 - 03/16/13 03:32 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: alazzia]
Unicorn

If you really want to make sure that each generation has 6 children, you need to carefully choose which child inherits the house and the person they will marry. Anything less than 'definitely' wants children could interfere with your goal. Age is only one of many factors in VF2 that determine success at producing children.

#232651 - 03/17/13 09:43 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: LadyCFII]
MoonstoneWolf Offline

I can't even get them to have children when they both definitely want them. Not since the last update. They had to wind up adopting their children and even the baby boost won't help their chances. I hope this gets fixed because I won't be able to play much longer as family is running out of money to have kids. I don't even try for baby once they reach their 40s.

#232653 - 03/18/13 03:37 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: MoonstoneWolf]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi MoonstoneWolf, You said in your post here that you've been having this problem for 4 generations now. When you updated the game, did the download and installation go smoothly?

Can you describe what happens when you put your couple together to try to make a baby?
  • What do they do?
  • Is there information given in the player feedback area (the blue area above the Action line)?
Besides your little family having trouble making a baby, have you noticed anything else unusual in your game?

Could something have happened that affected your device clock?

Giving up on making a baby at age 40 is much too young. You should keep trying. You may even be surprised with triplets! Before putting the couple together, make sure they are happy, healthy, showered and well fed. smile

#232655 - 03/18/13 08:32 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: MissKathy]
alazzia Offline

Mine say that they can't agree it's time to have a baby. They do this after the 5th child. They're in their 40s and their child preferences don't seem to matter. Happens with the definitelys too. Happens if I wait a year or two or five. I can work around it just fine, but I find it peculiar. I'm loving VF2 all the same. Love the upgrades, esp the maid and gardener. Brilliant!

#232657 - 03/18/13 01:15 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: alazzia]
MoonstoneWolf Offline

My couple goes to the bed to make the baby. They go through all the motions as they always did before the update, and then walk away with no baby at all. Just like before and in VF1 if they try but no baby comes. Usually they try right away, I never really have much of a problem with them not agreeing for a baby. The other kids I adopted and pets are not in the room with the couple. Yes the download and update went smoothly. I had no problems with the update at all.

#232660 - 03/19/13 01:13 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: alazzia]
CerPer Offline

Loc: Wales
I have the same problem with mine. They just argue and refuse to agree to try for another baby. This I'd the 2nd gen it's happened to.

Also on my 9th gen and STILL not had twins/triplets. Very frustrating! Tried baby boost twice but no difference either... Please help!

#237339 - 09/15/14 07:45 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: alazzia]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

My couple are only 37&38 and they have one bio kid and the other they adopted when he showed up on their doorstep. The kids are 12 and 13. Every time I try to get the parents to have another, they argue or nothing comes of their trying. I can't do the doctor consul and booster shot thing because they don't make enough. He only makes 90 something and she makes 70 something. I will keep trying though lol. Mine are still on first generation. I only started this game a few days ago lol.

Edited by SupernaturalJem (09/15/14 07:49 PM)

#237340 - 09/16/14 09:24 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: SupernaturalJem]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
It takes some patience, but if you keep dropping the couple together repeatedly they will eventually quit arguing, 'kiss' and start trying for a baby. Of course, if one or both would benefit from a Baby Booster shot then nothing would happen, but at least you've tried.

When you accumulate enough coins don't be tempted to give a peep a Baby Booster shot without first getting a doctor's opinion; they might not in fact need one and you'd be wasting your money. frown

At least you've got two kids who will be able to carry on into the next generation!

#237343 - 09/19/14 01:03 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: arnie]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

I was finally able to do a doctor consult and the wife did need a booster. When I got enough coins, I bought one and gave it to her, but it never helped. She still never had any more kids. However, I am now on the second generation. I chose the son to carry on the generation because he said would be nice on having kids and the daughter said not really. Duke is now married to a woman who also said would be nice to have kids. They have a three year old son and a baby daughter. I am hoping next time she will have twins lol.

Update: She did have twins the next time. Two boys and on the family page, it says both like surprises. Speaking of likes and dislikes, the first born son dislikes meat, so I guess he is a vegetarian lol (which is kind of ironic since I am - well, I do eat some fish). The daughter dislikes jumping, which is kind of amusing since she is always jumping on the bed lol.

Just out of curiosity, does this game ever produce opposite gender twins/triplets or are they always the same gender? And of same gender multiples, are they always physically identical?

Edited by SupernaturalJem (09/19/14 04:59 PM)

#237347 - 09/20/14 12:17 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: SupernaturalJem]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
SupernaturalJem,

Yes, all twins and triplets are identical. They are more like clones. That means they are always the same sex and look and dress exactly the same. You can, of course, buy different outfits in the store so you can tell them apart, though.

Edited by arnie (09/20/14 12:17 PM)

#237348 - 09/20/14 11:46 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: arnie]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

Thanks, Arnie. I can't believe I never thought of putting another outfit on one of the twin boys. I am going to do that right now. What's funny is the oldest daughter has an outfit identical to the mom and I haven't put new ones on them lol.

#237352 - 09/22/14 02:01 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: SupernaturalJem]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

Well, there is one difference in the twin boys now that they are 18. One says no way on kids and the other says would be nice. I guess there is no way twin #1 is going to carry on the next generation. I have five others to choose from when the time comes.

#237357 - 09/23/14 01:47 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: SupernaturalJem]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

Weird, now both twins said no way to wanting kids. A couple of the others changed on that too. But I think there is an age glitch with the second gen kids. This is the order they were born in: Gregetto, Akesse, twins Kudos and Gerpino, Kudos #2 and Brella. After the mom died (she was older than the dad), I wanted to go ahead and start the third gen (I had over three thousand coins so I had a good start money wise). When I looked at the kids to see which one I wanted in the third gen, their ages did not mesh with the order they were born in. The oldest boy was 25, the first girl was older than him and she was born after, but was 27. The twins were not even the same ages, they were 25 & 27. The youngest son was 23 and the baby of the family was 27 lol. I ended up going with the youngest son because he wanted kids and salary was 60. The oldest girl had 90 as a salary, but did not want kids. So the guy I chose is now married with a son named Colonel.

Oh, the first born son who liked gardening, his job became salad packager haha.

#237359 - 09/24/14 11:58 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: SupernaturalJem]
Unicorn

You can look here for an explanation for what you saw when you started the new generation.

We designed both the original Virtual Families game and VF2 to work that way to make sure that all of the children were appropriate ages to start a family. Otherwise a new generation could be started when there were still young children in the house or the game had been unattended long enough for all of the children to be in their 40s or beyond.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter