Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#232611 - 03/08/13 10:35 PM Definitely want babies and Booster shot
boet Offline
Trainee

Loc: Alaska
Second gen Family have 2 children. Only able to get 2nd by giving Mother Baby Booster Shot after Dr. consult. Then 3rd attempt failed and Dr Consult on Father said to give Baby Booster which I did. Both parents are Definitely Want Children but even after both getting booster shot all further attempts fail.

Is this supposed to happen? Thank you.

#232612 - 03/08/13 11:13 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: boet]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
If you'd like to increase their chances even further, you can use more than one Baby Boost on each parent, however, each successive shot won't be as effective as the previous shot, but it will still help.

Just like in real life, having a baby isn't easy, even with help. Persistence is key! smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#232613 - 03/09/13 03:26 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: Xay]
boet Offline
Trainee

Loc: Alaska
Thank you Heather:) I suspected as much that it tries to emulate real life and I have been there myself LOL

#232639 - 03/15/13 03:06 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: boet]
alazzia Offline

My peeps have kids just fine, up to 5. After the 5th, they refuse to have any more children. This has happened every generation. Is this the max for iOS? I thought 6 was the max. I have peeps in their early 40s that refuse to have that 6th kid. Adoption is too expensive, so I haven't tried that.

#232640 - 03/15/13 04:05 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: alazzia]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It will likely be difficult for the parents to produce 6 children unless they both "definitely" want them, since parents who don't want a lot of kids will resist your efforts to have a large family. Even when both parents definitely want kids, you might have to be persistent, because their ability to produce children decreases with age and the number of children they've already had (baby boost can help with that). Unlike with the original VF, the couple's mutual desire for children has a significant influence on family size.

#232643 - 03/16/13 03:23 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: LadyCFII]
alazzia Offline

This is very different from VF! I thought for sure having a baby in their 40s wouldn't be problem, if the age limit is still 50. I have been extremely persistent, trying for the 6th baby every year after they turn 40, and trying several times, but so far the issue persists over the generations: after the 5th baby, the parents refuse to have another one, even if they're still of age. I'll have to wait until the family has more money and adopt. smile

#232644 - 03/16/13 03:32 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: alazzia]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
If you really want to make sure that each generation has 6 children, you need to carefully choose which child inherits the house and the person they will marry. Anything less than 'definitely' wants children could interfere with your goal. Age is only one of many factors in VF2 that determine success at producing children.

#232651 - 03/17/13 09:43 PM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: LadyCFII]
MoonstoneWolf Offline

I can't even get them to have children when they both definitely want them. Not since the last update. They had to wind up adopting their children and even the baby boost won't help their chances. I hope this gets fixed because I won't be able to play much longer as family is running out of money to have kids. I don't even try for baby once they reach their 40s.

#232653 - 03/18/13 03:37 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: MoonstoneWolf]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi MoonstoneWolf, You said in your post here that you've been having this problem for 4 generations now. When you updated the game, did the download and installation go smoothly?

Can you describe what happens when you put your couple together to try to make a baby?
  • What do they do?
  • Is there information given in the player feedback area (the blue area above the Action line)?
Besides your little family having trouble making a baby, have you noticed anything else unusual in your game?

Could something have happened that affected your device clock?

Giving up on making a baby at age 40 is much too young. You should keep trying. You may even be surprised with triplets! Before putting the couple together, make sure they are happy, healthy, showered and well fed. smile

#232655 - 03/18/13 08:32 AM Re: Definitely want babies and Booster shot [Re: MissKathy]
alazzia Offline

Mine say that they can't agree it's time to have a baby. They do this after the 5th child. They're in their 40s and their child preferences don't seem to matter. Happens with the definitelys too. Happens if I wait a year or two or five. I can work around it just fine, but I find it peculiar. I'm loving VF2 all the same. Love the upgrades, esp the maid and gardener. Brilliant!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter