Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 114 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#232347 - 01/24/13 02:38 AM VF2 Lightning strobe light* & go-pher it goal ?
FrauSchnarf Offline

Loc: Silicon Valley
I just started my 6th generation and every time it starts raining now the lightning starts flashing non stop (I'm assuming it's the lightning since it's only when it rains). First time it happened I closed the game completely via the multi-task bar and that seemed to fix it, but soon as it started raining again the same thing happened. The constant flickering makes it really hard to play.
*(hmm... furniture you can buy to create a disco room. Might be cool, long as you can turn the strobe light off! wink )

Also, has anyone had a problem with the go-pher it goal? I'm certain at least once I've praised them when it says they're chasing gophers but that goal still shows as unachieved. It's *possible* I'm thinking of filling a gopher hole (was there a goal for that too?). I'd swear I've done it for chasing gophers though - I'll pay more attention next time to be certain, but thought until then I'd see if anyone else has had a problem with this goal (I didn't see any posts about the gopher goal).

#232348 - 01/24/13 04:05 AM Re: VF2 Lightning strobe light* & go-pher it goal ? [Re: FrauSchnarf]
LadyCFII Administrator Online
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I ran into the "strobe light lightning" back in September, but we couldn't recreate it and it's still an open bug in our bug management system. You don't happen to recall anything in particular that might have occurred around the time that the "strobe lightning" started, do you?

I've never experienced a problem with the Go-pher it! goal. It's possible that your timing wasn't quite right. We'll check it out, to be sure. smile

#232349 - 01/24/13 05:47 AM Re: VF2 Lightning strobe light* & go-pher it goal ? [Re: LadyCFII]
SarahSmile Offline
Adviser

Loc: Arcata, CA, USA
I've had similar problems with sound effects… sometimes when I leave the app, a sound effect that was playing will play endlessly when I return to it. Force quitting the app or restarting my iPod makes the problem go away.

#232354 - 01/25/13 07:19 AM Re: VF2 Lightning strobe light* & go-pher it goal ? [Re: SarahSmile]
FrauSchnarf Offline

Loc: Silicon Valley
The only things different I can think of are all the kids in my previous generation & the 1st kid in this gen were adopted, and I hadn't been playing much during the previous generation (just checked quickly before bed basically). Not sure why/how those would affect the weather in my current gen though. The strobe light lightning happens every time it rains now. If there's bottled weather for sale that does stop it, but also stops the rain (making bug collecting problematic I fear). I do have the free food glitch too (started several generations back) but um, I'm ok with keeping that one, lol. grin

I noticed one other rather interesting quirk today though when I gave the kids a movie to watch. The little girl I gave it to walked out of the room with the tv (which has a couch) and sat on a couch in another room that didn't have a tv, but her status still said she was watching tv. Rest of the family went to the tv room, perhaps their little girl just has x-ray vision! wink

#232356 - 01/25/13 03:23 PM Re: VF2 Lightning strobe light* & go-pher it goal ? [Re: FrauSchnarf]
LadyCFII Administrator Online
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Sarah, issues like that with audio can be caused by low memory conditions. I don't know which device you're playing on or which version of iOS it has, but low memory conditions were very common prior to the most recent generation of devices running iOS 6. You can free up application memory by following these procedures (hidden here to take up less space)! laugh

Click to reveal..
There are several things that you can do to free up application memory, so that Virtual Families can get the memory that it needs to run properly:

1. Press the Home button to exit Virtual Families, then launch Safari (which is often closed with many Web pages active). Close all Web pages (tabs) to free up memory, then press the Home button. Do the same for other browser applications you may be running. Then try launching Virtual Families again.
  2. If you have version 1.0.0, update your game to the latest version from the App Store. Later versions are far less likely to crash when available application memory is low.
  3. Manually free up memory by resetting or restarting your device using the appropriate procedure below. Usually a simple restart is all that is required to restore proper operation to all installed applications.

Restarting and Resetting

If something is not working right, restarting or resetting your device will likely solve the problem.

Restart:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off your device. To turn the device back on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake until the Apple logo appears.

Reset:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If the game continues to crash after performing the above procedure, please send a support form (click "No" below), and let us know whether you're using an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, your device model (click Settings, then General, then About and scroll down to the Model number), and whether the reset procedure had any effect on the problem.

FrauSchnarf, thanks for the additional information. I've added that to the bug record, and we'll see what we can do to squash this bug. The issue with TV watching is a bit of a side-effect of being able to place furniture wherever you want it in VF 2. We're not sure at this point how we'll handle that.

Maybe the bug that causes the free food for some people sort of helps make up for the annoyance of the other bugs? (I've never had that bug happen in all of my game testing, but Kathy has.)

#232357 - 01/25/13 08:05 PM Re: VF2 Lightning strobe light* & go-pher it goal ? [Re: LadyCFII]
SarahSmile Offline
Adviser

Loc: Arcata, CA, USA
Thanks for the info, LadyCFII. I'm running iOS 6.01 on an iPod Touch 5G. I usually have several tabs open in Safari, so I guess that could be contributing to it.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter