Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#231873 - 10/25/12 11:32 AM Reinstalling A Couple of the Games But....
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
I got an urge to bust out all of my old games recently. For some reason, none of the VV games were on my latest computer, even though it looks as though all of my other games software going back several years is. So...
I searched my mac, since it has all sorts of stuff from my previous macs (one of which only lasted like less than a year because i did horrible things to it. ugh) and I found receipts for #s 1, 4 and 5.
The thing for #4 was an email receipt from LDW, the one for 5 was from Plimus and the one for Virtual Villagers #1 was from a place called Oberon Media.
So.....I checked the place where i buy most of my games (BFG) but there are no VV purchaes in my history.
Is there a way to check whether I bought the other games directly from here & just dont have the receipt info anymore?

But FYI I am going to go try the activation or registration codes for those 3 now and hopefully they'll work. It bugs me to no end how some game developers or sites have limits to that.....especially since I ended up having more computers than I wanted to.

-----

I've never seen this happen before! Never ever ever. I am reinstalling all of the old games because for some reason, when I migrated all of my old files from my poor, dropped on the floor old computer, none of the LDW games seem to have made it. I dont quite understand why but...anyway, I clicked the demos from here on this site to download (then I was planning on trying my registration keys).
But alas, here is the error message that I got once I tried to begin the download:

I've never seen this before despite the bazillions of games & software installed on this system. Yikes:

Virtual Villagers New Believers (and then the same for each title of the 3 or 4 that I'm trying to download) can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store & identified developers.
So you'd think well I set something to not allow that BUT....as I said I've never seen this before. Any ideas?

#231876 - 10/25/12 07:52 PM Re: Reinstalling A Couple of the Games But.... [Re: YaelleG]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
You can fill out a Support Request, and I can look up your information to see which games you purchased directly from us. If you think you could have used multiple email addresses, you might want to include those in the message area. smile

The "unidentified developer" message most likely comes from Gatekeeper.

Apple has introduced a new feature called Gatekeeper to help protect Macs from potentially harmful application downloads. By default, Gatekeeper's preferences are set to allow installation of downloaded applications only from identified developers and the Mac App Store. We have not yet completed the process of changing all of our games to versions that will be recognized by Gatekeeper as coming from an identified developer; however, it is safe to install them in Mountain Lion.

To learn more about Gatekeeper and to see how to proceed with the installation of the games, you can refer to Apple's Gatekeeper page on their site: here. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#231884 - 10/30/12 06:48 AM Re: Reinstalling A Couple of the Games But.... [Re: Xay]
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Thanksk for the help. I've been searching my computer, which has stuff transferred from my previous like....7 years of Mac to it and I have found so! much! as far as receipts and key codes and emails that dont really quite tell enough info...so its all very confusing. But it looks like I at least have VV 4 & 5 reciepts from Plimus and then very likely have a couple more. Then its possible there is a game or two that I might've gotten from other places, like the Mac Games Store or who knows where. There actually was this place called PlayFirst I think (?) and I believe they might not even be around anymore.
But anyway, yeah I will give my info in the support request thanks a lot. (hey that sounds very sarcastic :p )

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter