Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 127 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#231777 - 09/23/12 11:16 PM Request to Join Two Mods Together(links included)
2q2bforgotten Offline

Loc: The US
I have already joined parts of (http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=222010#Post222010) and (http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=211046#Post211046) + (http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=211026#Post211026) together. I can't do the more complicated parts and someone said that you guys are great with this stuff :)The gravel road from the backdoor of the house to the workroom and the bushes along the top aren't joined properly.

I like the barn from http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=211046#Post211046 so I kept it. I would have put all my partially merged files on here but I don't know how too. Any help there would be appreciated also.

Btw, I'm new, so hi 8 )

#231778 - 09/24/12 02:05 AM Re: Request to Join Two Mods Together(links included) [Re: 2q2bforgotten]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello and welcome to the forums! Congratulations on joining mods! The forum members here are definitely a wonderful bunch of people. smile Are you just needing help with getting your walkways to match?

Your first link points to Lewanda's house in purple, which uses the games original walkway (road). Your 2nd link points to bbaby's house with Airy Workroom, which has a different walkway (road). Your 3rd room points to the Airy Workroom with the games original walkway (road). Your 4th link mentioning the barn also points to bbaby's house with Airy Workroom. Looking for the barn (shed) led me here. Is this the barn/shed you were referring to? If not, if you look in the Shed Mod Directory here, you can identify which shed/barn you are using.

You also mention that the bushes along the top aren't joined properly. Are you referring to the bushes and plants at the top of the game (outside the backdoor by the kitchen)?

If you are able to post a screenshot to the forum of what you would like help fixing it would be very helpful. You can find instructions on how to take a screenshot and upload it using the forums File Manager here. With so many wonderful mods a picture helps everyone know what rooms you're using. Good luck and again WELCOME! laugh

#231780 - 09/24/12 09:00 PM Re: Request to Join Two Mods Together(links included) [Re: MissKathy]
2q2bforgotten Offline

Yes! That is the barn I was talking about, however, I don't want the round indention in the ground. I don't want to be too picky either but it's hard because I really love the idea of making my little people's home so adorable smile

And the bushes- you're right on. Here's a picture (tut was very useful)

And about the road...I would PREFER to have the regular version because I like being able to see collectables at night. I don't want to ask too much though. But if you guys can make this amazing art, (to me) you can probably do it lol.

You guys are awesome!

#231781 - 09/24/12 11:27 PM Re: Request to Join Two Mods Together(links included) [Re: 2q2bforgotten]
2q2bforgotten Offline

#231785 - 09/26/12 08:05 AM Re: Request to Join Two Mods Together(links included) [Re: 2q2bforgotten]
Lead Tester

Hello 2q2bforgotten, I went ahead and made the adjustments for you. smile You can download them here. You did a very nice job merging your maps together. I hope your little people love their new home. smile

I did notice in your list above that your kitchenUpgrade.png file has an extra png in the name. Make sure that you edit the name of the file so that it says exactly kitchenUpgrade.png otherwise the game won't "see" it and neither will you when you're playing.

#231786 - 09/26/12 04:31 PM Re: Request to Join Two Mods Together(links included) [Re: MissKathy]
2q2bforgotten Offline

Thank you thank you! It worked perfectly! The kitchen upgrade is now working. I was wondering about that. smile I had to change the name to kitchenUpgrade(exactly).
So do you enjoy making adjustments? And do you actually make the art?
grin
-Hannah

Edited by 2q2bforgotten (09/26/12 04:32 PM)

#231790 - 09/27/12 01:14 AM Re: Request to Join Two Mods Together(links included) [Re: 2q2bforgotten]
Lead Tester

Hi Hannah! Yes, it's very important when you modify images (we call them "mods") that the new image be named exactly the same as the original since the game itself is programmed to only load those specific image files/names. The new image will replace the games original one which is why it's very important to have a full duplicate set of the games original images in a separate file stored somewhere on your computer.

As you experiment with modding you'll also learn that if you change a part of an image that a "peep" interacts with (patio sets, sofas, beds, pools, hammocks, etc) the new portion of the image must fit in the same place as the original. Also, the final image may not exceed the dimensions of the original images (512 px by 512 px). That's because the game has code which directs the "peeps" to go to specific "numerical" coordinates within the game. Since those of us players who enjoy making mods cannot change the games programming we have to make sure our images line up exactly with the originals. This is true for everything in the game that the peeps interact with.

No, I do not make any of the art and I am no artist. I just LOVE Virtual Families and loved seeing what other players like me were doing with the images in their games and wanted to learn how to do it too. smile

Yes, I enjoy making adjustments in the image files to personalize my peeps house. I have even created a couple of childrens' bedrooms. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to do it anymore. frown You can see my kids bedrooms and everyone else's wonderful mods neatly organized by category here in the VF Mod Directory.

Enjoy your little families! smile

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter