Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 142 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#227709 - 01/15/11 05:45 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
VVCX Offline
Expert

I think it was caused by Time Warp (not sure since that mother birthed baby normally and also few others after that but now some mothers have carried same babies for days and atm youngest baby is 7 years old), I pause maybe 3-5 times per day for few secs if there's no kid near and paused for maybe 30secs-1min at somewhat midway of game when I made mushrooms and dropped kids on those to collect those and that didn't cause problems (mothers carried babies normally until few days ago when eternal carrying started (and like I said oldest mother was 79 and she died last night and maybe birthed baby that way).

I did same pausing at previous VVs which had collectibles or gather villagers to pool party or builders at VV4 to remove blockage on river (since they didn't keep it open during times VV4 was closed).

edit: It doesn't matter much if its eternal carrying baby since I've done all puzzles and got all heathens (only ex-Chief is alive cause I need him as teacher) and atm only looking missing collectibles and trying to get JOATs, other major trophies I have got (besides collections-trophy) and few minors are missing.

Edited by VVCX (01/15/11 05:52 AM)

#227711 - 01/15/11 06:10 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: VVCX]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Thanks for the additional information. We're trying to collect as many experiences as possible, in addition to our own testing.

#227712 - 01/15/11 07:23 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Now its really odd, 1 of my esteemed elders died (half hour ago) and 1 of women came pregnant and she's carrying baby now and timer says there's 216 mins left on nursing but others who are carrying babies have timers still at 246 mins.and next villager to die is 1 of those mothers who carry a baby (she's 65 so 10-15 years left) and 1 candidate to become JOAT since she has devotion-skill as trainee (as it has been past few days).

#227720 - 01/15/11 03:37 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
pitapoo Offline

I'm having the same problem with nursing moms. I used time warp for the build off and on one child. The nursing moms I'm having trouble with are the ones I used grant youth on, since they are maxed in devotion. I've only paused the game twice when I had to step away for a while. I've been able to start the clock my dropping a male villager on them. Since the nursing moms keep running away I keep dropping a male villager on them until they are waiting for someone. For some reason this starts the nursing clock up again.

#227723 - 01/15/11 04:38 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: pitapoo]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
That's a very interesting observation. Thanks! laugh

#227756 - 01/16/11 01:51 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
VVCX Offline
Expert

My other mother who carried baby forever died last night but her baby didn't get borned and atm that other mother still carries her babies.

I have also used Grant Youth on all mothers (1 has got it twice) who carried/carry their babies forever, their babies when they were at 20s got borned normally but after 1 mother got Time Warped (she didn't get Grant Youthed) its been messed.

Other pregnant mothers carry their babies normally and 1 has already borned.

Can't try pitapoo's trick cause I have full pop and oldest villager is only 61.

#227769 - 01/16/11 05:20 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
scrappydu2 Offline

I broke 3 of my mommys (2 on purpose before I read the forum) and 1 by accident trying to get a male to study medicine. I tried the suggestion of putting the males on the nursing mothers...unfortnately that didn't work for me. My 2 females just returned to their original ages before I granted youth, and one has finally delivered (age 62), the other now only has 5 more minutes (age 60) smile

#227868 - 01/18/11 02:21 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: scrappydu2]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Getting nursing mother embraced didn't work for me, I Grant Youthed mother (prolly 3rd or 4th time) and reaged her to 18 and dropped male villager on her and few times there was embrace and few times she was waiting but no luck. Such a shame that she was gonna be 1st female JOAT. Darn it.

I think father who impregnated her had also been Grand Youthed (either ex-Chief or my 1st JOAT) so that apparently bugged nursing.

#227877 - 01/18/11 03:37 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
misha rf Offline

I have a mom who's been carrying around a baby since yesterday. She's the first one I granted youth to (she's my first Devotion Master), and the only one this has happened to so far. She was well into her 40s before this baby came along (still don't have all the relics, so I had to wait for my population to drop low enough first). I haven't reset my computer clock (too lazy). I only pause it overnight or if I'm going out now that I've solved all the puzzles. I've tried time warp on her once, which aged her a year, but the timer hasn't changed at all. I've tried dropping a male villager on her, but since my population is currently maxed out, that hasn't worked. Yet. I've got some old ones that I'm waiting to die off & then I'll see if that works, lol.

#227923 - 01/19/11 02:29 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: misha rf]
VVCX Offline
Expert

I got 2 more of eternally carrying mothers (and those 2 were gonna be JOATs) and neither of them were Grant Youthed (can be Grant Youthed's kids although) so I'm quite sure that if father is Grant Youthed then mother carries baby/babies forever (before dies). I de-aged all my curent JOATs

Its very hard to get JOAT during 1 lifetime so those eternally carrying mothers (mine are Esteemed Elders who have mastered Devotion) really messes game.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter