Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#231421 - 05/23/12 11:35 AM LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google
DarkJMKnight Offline

Loc: Maine
I check the forums posts every day, as well as the preview sites. (I'm hoping that February 8th, 2012 comes soon! :~)

But today, instead of the LDWForums page, I got a warning from FireFox that this site was blocked for distributing malware...

I know better, and have various security in place even if you'd been hacked, so I 'ignored' the warning and pressed through to warn you that this was happening.

I also grabbed the link to the status page that explains why you were blocked. Perhaps some unfortunate advertiser? No idea.

Here is why Google/Firefox claimed you were blocked.

And when I tried to tell them this wasn't an attack site, they felt they knew better and redirected me here.

#231422 - 05/23/12 05:47 PM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: DarkJMKnight]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We did discover a problem very early yesterday, and we promptly took action to correct it (although it might take some time for the warnings to go away for everyone, unfortunately).

As for the new Virtual Families game and the date you see on our Previews page, "February 8, 2012" is the date that the news item was posted there. We haven't yet determined when the game might be released, but we will make it obvious when we do announce an anticipated release date. laugh

#231423 - 05/24/12 12:44 AM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: LadyCFII]
DarkJMKnight Offline

Excellent! I'll continue checking daily. :~)

#231425 - 05/27/12 01:17 AM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: DarkJMKnight]
VFladyaddict2010 Offline
Trainee

Loc: USA
i myself am getting this same message for the site as malware.will be checking back once in awhile. i never had probs with site before.i'm sure you guys straighten it out though.

#231433 - 05/30/12 03:23 PM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: VFladyaddict2010]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Whew!! I just got the same message/warning and the first few times it happened it wouldn't let me "ignore" the warning. I finally got it!!!

Kind of scary!!

#231435 - 05/31/12 12:05 PM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: ajuma]
DarkJMKnight Offline

The warning was back again today.

I'm not sure if my override of it finally expired, or if it's just back, but again, I thought you should know.

#231436 - 05/31/12 05:28 PM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: DarkJMKnight]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Google's diagnostic information says that the last time malware was found was on May 22, the day of the original incident. We're still evaluating what action we are going to take, but the malware has been removed (and is still gone). smile

#231445 - 06/02/12 01:38 AM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: LadyCFII]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I don't know if this is part of the problem but I could not log into the Forums using Google Chrome. When I logged in using IE some of the words in posts had turned into links for ads. They were not like that a few days ago shocked

It is rather strange to say the least!! I do hope nothing has gotten into the Forums as, although I don't post very much, I usually log in each day to see what you are all up to! smile

Hope everyone is okay and still happy players!! laugh

#231447 - 06/02/12 03:21 PM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: TheGnome]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

As for the link-turned-words, I get that on one computer in Google Chrome, too. I think it may be some sort of app downloaded or thing someone's enabled in the browser's settings.

#231450 - 06/05/12 04:21 AM Re: LDWForums blocked by FireFox/Google [Re: txmom2]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
txmom I found this site helpful in removing that problem. It is called Text Enhance and is a malware add on. I followed the instructios from the following site and now all posts are clear of those 'word/links'. smile It was in both IE 9 and Google Chrome and named 'I Want This' - I haven't a clue how it got there!! frown

How to Remove Text Enhance Add On/Virus:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/fo...30-bd8299266429

Oh, I forgot to add that 'I Want This' also appears in Conrol Panel>Programs and can be deleted just like any other program. I did that too. smile

Edited by TheGnome (06/05/12 08:32 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter