Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 284 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#231336 - 05/02/12 05:39 AM White screen of "I can't play anymore"
GlynStlln Offline

Yeah, so I downloaded this VV5 game and had to put it on windowed view (not full screen) and all that happens is I am shown a windowed white or black screen, no music nothing. I can't make it full screen again either. So any ideas on how to fix it please?

#231338 - 05/02/12 07:13 AM Re: White screen of "I can't play anymore" [Re: GlynStlln]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
It would be very helpful to know the following:

What type of computer the game is running on? (Windows, Mac)
What OS the computer has? (Windows Vista, 7; Mac 10.6, 10.7)
Where was the game downloaded? (LDW, Big Fish Games, etc)

Any additional information would be helpful.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#231339 - 05/02/12 09:19 PM Re: White screen of "I can't play anymore" [Re: Xay]
GlynStlln Offline

Windows, Windows 7 and downloaded off of FreeRideGames.com

#231342 - 05/02/12 10:01 PM Re: White screen of "I can't play anymore" [Re: GlynStlln]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
This problem can be caused by incompatible graphics hardware or settings on your computer, as well as by another application that is taking up a high percentage of system resources during the time that the game is loading. Our real-time games are designed to yield priority to other applications, so that they won't affect system performance or other running applications. If another application is consuming a high percentage of CPU resource, it can cause problems during loading, because the game can't get sufficient system resources to load properly.

You should check the Windows Task Manager and see if there are any applications that are using a high percentage of CPU (other than System Idle Process, which is OK). The easiest way to do that is to click twice on the column heading "CPU" in Windows Task Manager (once sorts from low to high, so you have to click a second time to easily see the tasks with the highest CPU usage).

We have had reports that some versions of McAfee Spam Killer process consume excessive CPU resources and can cause this problem. The specific application appears as MSKSrvr.exe in Windows Task Manager. If you are experiencing that problem, you should seek assistance from McAfee. If Windows Task Manager shows no applications that are consuming excessive CPU resources, please let me know. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#234511 - 05/26/13 01:25 AM Re: White screen of "I can't play anymore" [Re: Xay]
Taco Freak Offline
Adviser

Loc: US
I think on XP it works too,...

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter