Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#225513 - 11/03/10 06:20 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: invalidthirteen]
maren808 Offline

I think it would be neat if there was a common area for games, like an arena where they could play games. What about doing crafts like pottery or weaving? This could be something the player could do themselves, i.e. do you want to make a bowl or a vase? You could design the pieces. Same goes for the weaving, making clothes or blankets?

Developing paint could be a way for you to personalize your tribe, like as body paint or painting images on cliffs surrounding the village.

One of the things I liked about VV1 was the flower garden and it'd be neat if you could combine VV with plant tycoon and have a garden of flowers you could choose to grow for medicinal purposes or potions.

I also think it would be neat if for a garden you could choose what crops you wanted to plant. Maybe have muliple fields. I liked the orchard of the previous game but there were too few trees.

#227899 - 01/18/11 05:35 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: invalidthirteen]
jsweeney Offline

Loc: Tucson
The most frustrating thing about the games are the collections. I get all the puzzles solved and there's nothing left to do but stare at the screen hoping for a missing item to appear. I suggest that in the next game has a mechanism that allows the player to reveal an item that hasn't yet been collected at the cost of tech point and only after all puzzles have been solved.

#228130 - 01/26/11 09:06 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: jsweeney]
amylynn99 Offline

When can we see the virtual villagers 4 and 5 hit the IPad? I am the biggest fan and have played and enjoyed them on my IPad. I'm a stay at home mother of two small children and I have to be mobil, which at this stage in my life it's hard to sit in front of my computer let alone have much room on my MAC for downloading. I've been asking since VV came out with #4. Please consider more Virtual games accessible for the IPad and I guarantee your business will implode and inquire a even bigger fan clientele. By the way, I am trying out the plant tycoon for the IPad and so far I'm addicted, I like the challenge in producing unique seeds and seeing what the plant will look like if I don't kill it first. The only down side is, I find it a bit difficult to earn any money to be able to get the better tools. I'm stll optimistic and I will give you more updates the further I play. Thank you for creating these wonderful games and all the hard work you all put into them. AmyLynn

#228317 - 02/03/11 09:30 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: Silverbeast]
G-force Offline

i have been thinking. i have an idea. can ldw make a sort of personality test that you put in the details of your appearence as well. then at the end of it all it generates a virtual villager that used all the details you put in. like for me his likes would be reading and playing. and he would have blonde hair and blue eyes. if you dont uderstand what im saying then just ask. as im not very good at explaining things smile

#228319 - 02/03/11 02:20 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: G-force]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I'm not sure, G-force, that it's technically possible. The details : likes/dislikes, the head, bodies etc. are distributed randomly at the moment you have to choose your villagers.
If I understood well confused

#228457 - 02/07/11 05:21 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: laurence]
smjjames Offline
Expert

How about getting the potion stuff into VV6? I think that was cool.

Also, since VV6 is going to be over 100, maybe 200+ years since VV1 (the intro to VV4 says many generations have gone by), there could be some kind of technological advancement? And more buildings, definetly more buildings.

#228468 - 02/07/11 07:43 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: smjjames]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
I know this may sound strange but this thought came to me in a dream. I was online checking the progress of VV4 when I saw it and it was ready to be played. I can't remember the chapter name of the game though. Anyway it started just like any other VV chapter. Something happened that would end up dragging some villagers into some huge adventure. A child found an entrance to a cave that hasn't been investigated yet. Three children four adults and the chief decided they would be the ones to look around inside of it. They go inside first they dont see anything that amazing so they decide to leave. As they make their way out an earthquake happens and destroys the entrance trapping them in. Hoping to find another way out they go furthur back into the cave and find somthing incredible. Another lost city hidden deep in the cave. There were also giant glowing mushrooms and huge crystal clusters. There was a small pool of water with fish swimming in it at the bottom right corner of the screen. I'm guessing it was a food source. At the top left corner of the screen the chief was staring at some wall carvings. When I clicked on him his action said trying to read the wall carvings. At the top right corner of the screen there was a tunnle that was blocked by rocks and large boulders. All of the adults were trying to squeeze through to get in. I can only remember two of the four different collectibles in te game. The two that I remember were crystals and mushrooms. Thats pretty much all I remember from that dream.

I have another idea for the up coming VV chapter. VirtualVillagers The Book of Secrets. In this chapter you must recover the prized possesion of the native inhabitants of ISOLA. A book that has all the secrets of ISOLA writen in it. The book was written by the chief of the first tribe that inhabited the island. The binding of the book has been found but all of it's pages are missing. Choose a group of villagers to recover the missing pages. So I was thinking every puzzle you complete you find one page of the book. On the collection screen you can read the pages you have found so far. But I still have to think of what the pages will say. These are some collectibles I thought of for the next VV. Flowers or blossoms, Crystals, Fossils.

#228472 - 02/08/11 04:10 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: Cyborg]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Sounds like your dream was inspired by journey to the center of the earth (pick your incarnation/version of the classic. Fossils would definetly be a cool collectible.

Also, a story that epic seems like it would contain more puzzles than the usual VV game has.

#228476 - 02/08/11 06:25 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: smjjames]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
I know I have posted two times already but the truth is I only post when I get an idea not because I want to take up the whole page with my posts. I was thinking that a puzzle in the next VV chapter could be to build a telescope. For this puzzle you will need level three science, level three construction, a master scientist, a master builder they will need to draw some plans on the lab's chalkboard to build it some special rocks that will need to be pollished by the builder to make into the lense for the telescope, a piece of bamboo that will need to be hollowed out by the builder to make in the body of the telescope when all the supplies are ready the builder will take them to the lab where he can assemble it into the telescope while the scientist directs the work. Other builders can help build the telescope but they will need to be an adept builder or higher to help. It will take time to build so it won't be an instant build like other projects. The puzzle name will be of course The Telescope. Your villagers have built an amazing telescope they can now view the stars in the heavens above. This was the really cool part that I thought of when you drop a villager onto the telescope the player will also be able to look through it. To move the telescope to look at more stuff you simpily click and drag just like how you get around the village. You will be able to veiw the stars the moon and sometimes see some shooting stars through the telescope. This is where I got another idea for some trophies. When you wish apon a star: You saw one shooting star. An eye for the sky: you have seen ten shooting stars. A devoted astronomer: You saw fifty shooting stars. You are a lunatic: You saw the moon with the telescope. Also I want to say to smjjames I had that dream about VV4 the same night I saw journey to the of the earth in the movie theater so that may have been why I had that dream.

#228488 - 02/08/11 02:15 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: Cyborg]
IzzyJ5 Offline
Adviser

What ever the next VV games will be, I'd like to see a better usage of the space provided. New Believers is the only VV game where too much space is wasted, imo. After you tear down the rainbow totum by the hot springs the space is not utilized much. Also, after the Chief is exposed that part of the island is no longer used. The main action is around and about the large statue for most of the game and it gets way too crowded. The lab is good and I also like the lake. The hospital is too small and sometimes I have 20 doctors all in that tiny space. With the other VV games it seems all the space was well used, as in the Lost City. I love all the VV games, but that is my only complaint with NB.

Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter