Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 174 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#228410 - 02/05/11 10:06 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
Ldyma Offline

I read the entire thread here and in technical issues...Im a bit angry that there isnt a fix...Esteemed Elders 9 ofmwhich are female and only need a few more increases to become Jack of all trade...so naturally I wanted to preserve their lives...They got pregnant and are all stuck in this loop...they were not pregnant when I granted youth..I only use pause once every three days....and I NEVER change my clock...This sucks and Im angry...
Not to mention the other baloney about the Jenga Earthquake thing not resetting anything thats 100% and you dont get earthquake until the end of the game when you have at least 90 villagers...really we deserve updates on these two...

I understand your technicalissue with the game timer....and nursing Moms but cmon put a disclaimer up front tell people about women and pregnancy leave lol...or just fix it for us

#228463 - 02/07/11 10:34 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Ldyma]
Jemi97 Offline

Loc: Singapore
I used the Grant Youth power on all my 5 pioneers (3 men, 2 women) of my village so that they could be JOATs. And then the nursing problem happened to Kolea & Konichua, the 2 women. I tried dropping a man on on them, and using a time warp on them, and various other methods that have been mentioned, but nothing happened. So I sadly decided that my last resort was to let them pass away, bring them back to life and grant youth to them (hoping that the baby isn't still clinging onto them).

But when Kolea (the older one) reached 55 years (the age where they get bald/white/grey hair at level 3 medicine), the baby detached from her and was running around! I was so happy that she & the baby survived and Kolea could continue on her way to JOAT. So I thought that the same thing would happen to Konichua. But sadly, it did not. She's now 56 years, with grey hair, and the baby still clinging onto her!! Grrrrr!!

So I've decided to use the last resort I've said earlier. And if it suceeds, I will never, ever, use Grant Youth or time warp on villagers studying to be JOAT. Ever.

#228480 - 02/08/11 09:00 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Ldyma]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
I have only played the game twice, but never experienced any of what has been reported in this forum. That's not to say it doesn't happen! I just haven't run into it in my games. I did grant youth to 5 Esteemed Elders, who all grew into JOAT's. The one thing I did different, was; not getting them pregnant. I didn't want to waist their valuable learning time. I do pause the game. How often? I couldn't tell you. The Jenga Earthquake never worked for me either. Which would be a nice touch for new and upcoming builders. I'm not crazy about the amount of people needed to generate an Earthquake, to me that really sucks. Your disclaimer idea, in my opinion, is a fair statement!

#228493 - 02/08/11 07:37 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: swedane]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Hey guys, just letting you know that there is a patch out which should fix the grant youth issue. I haven't experienced the issue myself, so I don't know whether it fixes current games.

#228496 - 02/08/11 08:00 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: smjjames]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The VV5 update (1.00.01) resolves most of the issues with females who have been made young again; it will not, however, correct the nursing timers for females who are currently nursing babies. If you have any nursing moms in the tribe who are stuck nursing, their nursing timers will not be affected by the update.

#228501 - 02/08/11 10:26 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
Kanza Offline

Of all of the things mentioned that we could do wrong and cause problems with the nursing moms' timers, I did not do. And therefore I am not a happy camper and then to hear their patch will not fix the problem entirely is very disappointing. I paid for the game and expected it to work properly. I don't think this is the way to treat paying and not to mention, loyal customers.

#228508 - 02/09/11 12:34 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Kanza]
smjjames Offline
Expert

They can only do so much, and besides, the patch is to PREVENT the bugs from happening, maybe they weren't able to really do anything to fix the eternal mothers that are already stuck.

#228511 - 02/09/11 01:27 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: smjjames]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: North Carolina
LadyCFII, I downloaded the patch, everything went fine. I check to see if it worked. I dropped Taunga on the nursury. Natawa started to "Learn about Reading!" I made Papaya have a baby to test out the nursing timer bug, I check it 15 minutes later, still at 246 minutes! eek What am I doing wrong?

Edit: It now has been 25 minutes... nothing.

Edited by VFLover09 (02/09/11 01:42 AM)

#228512 - 02/09/11 01:50 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: VFLover09]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Maybe the nursing timer thing is only fixed for new games? No idea why they couldn't get it fixed for current games like with the nursery.

#228519 - 02/09/11 03:35 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: smjjames]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I specifically tested the update with a game in progress that had females who had been made young again. Some were still nursing, others were not. In every case, the females who were not nursing a baby, even if they had been made young again, were able to nurse their infants for the correct amount of time (i.e. 2 game years).

If there are still issues, I need to know what exact steps need to be performed in order for me to reproduce any remaining bugs.

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter