Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#231 - 10/10/04 11:10 AM Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
This forum is for discussion of Fish Tycoon in general, on all platforms. Strategies, bug reports, questions, etc are all appropriate.

Have fun!

Arthur

#232 - 10/23/04 12:16 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

just started playing fish tycoon.why is it the supplies are too expensive and only have 200$ to spend.i can`t breed them well they all die before i could accumulate enough money for the environment research

#233 - 10/23/04 08:16 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
What works for me is to put the starter eggs in the tank, spend the money to buy another set of common eggs and put them in the tank. Once the fish are grown, you should have a couple of fish of the same kind that you can breed and have the babies live. Keep breeding them (and their offspring) to build up cash. I usually save up enough money to buy the second tank first. That gives you a lot more breeding room and you start making money faster. The trick is to be patient and not spend all of your money too soon.

#234 - 10/26/04 12:38 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Barbara,
Could you please learn what can I do my fishes growp up fast and reproduce?? Can you say me your email to talk about the game?

Thanks

Sylvio (From Brazil)

#235 - 10/26/04 02:47 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Hi, Sylvio! I'd be happy to help you get started in Fish Tycoon. I think the best thing is to talk about it in this forum so that other people can benefit from the discussion.

As for getting your fish to grow up fast, make sure you have your game set up to the maximum speed (set to 'fast' in the Game Speed options). If you do this, make sure that you check on your fish often, since the game proceeds in real time even when your device is off. Early in the game, you need to be careful about breeding, or the babies will not survive to be adults. Try the strategy I mentioned in my earlier post (above) to get some healthy fish to start out with. Once you have enough money you can buy improvements for your game that will help you breed better, more expensive fish.

#236 - 10/27/04 12:11 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Alkimin Offline

Loc: São Paulo , Brazil
Hi Barbara,
I did it, but my fishes die :-( I waitting they growp up but I have no more money. What the best way ??
I told to say your email, because I'm from Brazil and I wanna talk about with others persons to learn more english and learn more about the game.
If you can say your email I'll like so much.

Kisses

Sylvio
From Brazil :-)

#237 - 10/28/04 11:20 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Hi, Sylvio. Please check your private messages. Go to "My Home" and look in the messages box on the left. Click on "Received Private Messages"

#238 - 11/09/04 08:05 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've found that keeping a couple of the original fish produces good sellers... will the original fish ever die of old age?

#239 - 11/09/04 10:20 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Diana Offline
Legendary Tester

Nope, the fishies won't die of old age.....at least that's my experience

#240 - 11/10/04 03:59 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Kelcey Offline

Loc: Illinois
Thanks... they're real cash cows

#241 - 11/16/04 04:05 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
GeeLew Offline

Loc: Virgina, USA
Help please? ive already discovered magic fish of curing, and I know exactly how i made him, But i forgot how i made the speckeled stick fish and i want to breed the magic fish of curing again! Can anyone remind me of how to create the speckled stick fish? Thanks

#242 - 11/16/04 07:20 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

There are lots of ways to produce the fish you want. Here are a few: Breeding a Beta and a Fruitfish will produce a Stickfish. Breeding either an Orange or an Oriental with a Twin-Fin will produce a Speckled, as will breeding a Crimson and a Flagged. So, for example, you could breed a Twin-Fin Fruitfish with an Orange Beta and you'd have the Speckled Stickfish.

#243 - 11/17/04 02:00 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I found that the best way to start is to cross breed a few times between your starting fish, and find the best combination. In my first set, I was able to get 2 pink goldbulbs, and two orange goldbulbs, so I kept breeding and selling these, and focused exclusively on getting my environment fully upgraded. After that it was easy to keep fish.

I also started two grids. Once tracked the fintype, and one tracked the fishtype. I also kept an eye out for valuable fish. The canary fire-arrow is a cash cow. Once i got this, I bred and sold it like crazy. That made me rich.

#244 - 11/25/04 11:41 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

alright! its that time again! I need a little help, one magic fish to go and i dont know where to start even to find it, its magic fish 2 of 7! Help please!

#245 - 11/29/04 08:21 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
mediceva Offline

How do you get the canary fire-arrow? i've been trying for hours upon hours buying diffent eggs and the mystery potion... nothing is working. Anyone help? Thanks! You can private message me if that's easier.

#246 - 11/29/04 08:50 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Try playing around with Arrowfish and Stickfish. There are many different fin types that will produce a canary when cross-bred. It shouldn't take you too long.

#247 - 12/15/04 11:34 AM How old do fish have to be to discover type?
Anonymous
Unregistered

THanks

#248 - 12/15/04 12:25 PM Re: How old do fish have to be to discover type?
Unicorn

Fish are fully grown when they are age 20. At that time their appearance will change to mature fish and you can view their species information.

#249 - 12/20/04 06:56 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone tell me how to get a crimson comet?

I am such a noob

#250 - 12/20/04 07:31 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Take a look at this post .

#251 - 01/12/05 02:31 AM Sick fish
imani08 Offline

Once a fish's health starts to decline, is there something you can buy to nurse it back to health? I've only had the game for a few days, I haven't gotten good enough to get enough money to buy any of the research items - or really anything other than the first two medicines - once I spent my hard earned money on the vitamins and I didn't see any improvement.

#252 - 01/12/05 10:15 AM Re: Sick fish
Unicorn

There are two different types of treatment for sick fish, and the one to use depends upon which illness your fish has. Here is the description of the diseases (from the Fish Tycoon instructions):

Fish from Isola tend to get two types of diseases: fungus looks like a greenish-brown growth on the fish; ick looks like whitish specks on the fish. Both of these diseases are bad for your fish as they can spread to other fish and eventually kill them. Just purchase the correct medicine from the supply shop, then drag it from the tool box into the tank.

Most of us don't treat sick fish in the beginning, when we don't have much money. You can either sell them or trash them. There are some pretty good "getting started" tips in other posts on this forum. You should check them out, too, for additional help!

#253 - 01/12/05 10:24 PM Re: Sick fish
imani08 Offline

No, not a sickness, but in the box on the lower right, there's one bar that tells you the Health of the fish and one for how hungry it is. I know I can fix the bottom one by feeding the fish, but once the top Health bar starts to decline, there seems to be nothing I can do. This morning I had only two fish left - their health declines and they just die off at about age 50 or so. But I was able to keep one is 349 years old and its health has never waivered from 100%. I noticed the other, which was 35 or so, was starting to lose health. I bred the two, but when the babies got 5, they died and soon after the 35 year old died too. So I'm about to start over again for the 2nd time in a week. I just barely have enough money to buy eggs, but the last time I did that, I only got two or three fish who lived, might as well start from scratch again.

Edited by imani08 (01/12/05 10:49 PM)

#254 - 01/12/05 10:42 PM Re: Sick fish
Unicorn

OK, I understand what you're experiencing now! In the beginning of the game, your tank environment will not support hybrid fish. Depending on which fish you breed, they will lose health at various rates. As you've seen, some hybrids will die as babies, others will live longer but continue to lose health until they die (or you sell them).

There is no cure for that kind of declining health apart from researching better fish environments. Since you're at the beginning of the game, you won't have enough money for that for awhile.

I posted one approach for getting started successfully in Fish Tycoon
here.

You might give that a try until you get more familiar with the game and can try strategies of your own!

#255 - 01/17/05 04:27 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anybody else noticed how the fish are sexless? - I have all the fish pregnant all the time... Drop one fish in, make it pregnant, then swap them over and do the same - voila, two pregnant fishies

#256 - 01/17/05 05:22 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Dynamic Offline

Thanks

#257 - 01/17/05 08:24 PM How to manage all the fish
imani08 Offline

Thanks for the advice of how to get started. I used the strategy you suggested, worked perfectly, but now I'm not sure how to manage all the different species I have. I was able to track all the fish through the second generation, but that's about 22 different fish. There's no way I can try all the combinations of those fish to find the right ones. I found one of the Magic fish, purely by accident, I just started breeding fish at random. But I'm at a loss to figure out how to play now, besides just relying on luck. My tanks pretty much stay full, every time I sell a fish now, I wonder if I'm selling off a path to a Magic Fish (I know there's more than one path).

Also, is it necessary to keep the Magic Fish once you've found one? I have the Magic Fish of Growth, but I can do without the sped up growing.

#258 - 01/17/05 09:04 PM Re: How to manage all the fish
Diana Offline
Legendary Tester

The only way that the Magic Fish will affect the other fish is by the trail of sparkles that the fish leaves behind.

The best way that I found to keep track of the fish is a matrix for the fins and one for the body type.

Hope this helps,
Diana

#259 - 01/19/05 03:43 PM How to breed fish´s ??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
I´ms new in Fish Tycoon... i dont know how i breed two fish´s ... Can somebody help me please...??
Thanks !!!
Guilherme

#260 - 01/19/05 03:49 PM Re: How to breed fish´s ??
Unicorn

Put an adult fish (at least age 20) in the isolation tank (that small tank at the bottom), then drag another adult fish to it. You should see the status of the fish in the isolation tank change to "Pregnant."

If the fish isn't adult, or if it's sick, you can't breed it.

There is a lot of helpful information in the "Instructions" HTML file that comes with the game, or you can read them here.

#261 - 02/02/05 06:57 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm very confused. I'm on Pocket PC Fish Tycoon. There are four windows. The first one has the food and Window 2 at first had Ick medicine. When I needed to buy Fungal Treatment it made me replace my Ick medicine in Window 2. Why can't I keep both medicines at once and what are Windows 3 and 4 for anyway?

#262 - 02/02/05 07:19 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The 4 slots in your toolbox are for 4 different types of supplies for your tanks. Each slot can only be used for one type of supply. Slot 1 is for food, and the type of food will change when you research better food. Slot 2 is for medication; Slot 3 is for special chemicals; and Slot 4 is for eggs. The slots can hold one thing at a time. As you've already seen with medication, if you have something in a slot and want to buy something else that goes in that slot, you have to either use up what you have or it will be replaced when you purchase something else for that slot.

#263 - 02/02/05 10:48 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Barbara!

#264 - 02/03/05 07:35 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
skw Offline

I'm not so sure about that. I had two of my best producers- the shark and a silky, and they both croaked at around 470 without a disease, etc.

#265 - 02/03/05 08:02 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

That's kind of strange. I have two fish in my tanks right now that are age 3575 and 3576! I've had fish die from declining health because of inadequate Fish Environment research, but never for no apparent reason. What Fish Environment level have you researched? What exact species of fish were they (what kind of fin did the shark have, and what kind of fish was the silky)?

#266 - 02/03/05 10:26 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
skw Offline

I'm sure the environment was the actual culprit although several other fish were doing fine. The fish didn't express any symptoms, just died. I've just started playing, and I can't seem to get enough money to improve my environment yet. I'm trying the breeding of hearty fish for sale and then buying another tank thing right now.

#267 - 02/03/05 10:35 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The fish that die because of the tank environment don't exhibit overt symptoms. They just lose health and die. Only the "common" fish will completely thrive in the initial tank environment. There are some "hybrid" fish that will survive long enough to reach adulthood and sell. You may even have some survive long enough to breed them, but be prepared to have a bunch of fish die before you discover the ones that will live. Several of the hybrids will sell for more than $20 and will help build cash faster. You're doing exactly the right thing early in the game - breed fish that will live and manage your money carefully!

#268 - 02/04/05 03:35 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Brenda Offline
Master

Hi Barbara

I just joined in, and wanted to add that I too lost an "old" fish for no apparent reason. But the keyword here was apparent. I am at 3rd level Environment and all other amenities are in place. But even with those, the game seems to cycle reliably between a case of ick followed by a case of fungus (and always when you still have some of the last remedy left and need to replace it with the other ), and I had forgotten to pause the game overnight... which I'm guessing allowed one of those diseases to run full cycle and killed the fish.

Fortunately, I try to keep good notes (eh, that is...sticky notes everywhere, trips to the combination page, plus numerous hours fiddling with my own spreadsheet) so I was able to breed that fish again.

I must say, I've not been this involved with a game since the first "MYST" came out eons ago. I absolutely love it!

#269 - 02/04/05 05:40 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

That's great that you like the game so much. There are a lot of us that are addicted to these games. By the way, I like Myst, too!

As for the diseases - some of them can be really hard to spot on certain fish. Ick, in particular is difficult to see, especially on fish like the Spotanus. I've had fish die overnight because I didn't see that they were sick, and by morning it was too late!

#270 - 02/15/05 11:09 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
skw Offline

This game is very addictive, very quickly. I started playing less than two weeks ago and my stats say I have 248 real hours played. I have learned a lot- FAST! I now have everything on my tanks researched and maxed out. I'm breeding $100 fish and selling them by the dozens. Money is no longer an object, but---and you surely saw a but coming here--I can't come up with more than 2 magic fish! I have bred 120 different species but only found the curing and sustenance magic fish. I need a better strategy. Methodical breeding is taking too long! I know that telling me their breeds would be a spoiler, but what about going halfway? What if someone could just give me the name of one of the parents needed for the breeding pair? At least then I wouldn't have a literally endless number of combinations. The magic fish I do have came from using the "unknown chemical". Help!

#271 - 02/15/05 11:43 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Look in the thread entitled "Magic Fish" - you'll find plenty of hints there.

#272 - 02/16/05 04:48 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
skw Offline

Thanks Barbara. I've read every post on the board- For such an addictive game, I'd think there'd be more activity, but they're probably all playing Fish Tycoon! My husband thinks I'm nuts. I already have one of the magic fish types another poster was obviously searching for. I'm off to try your hints for the Golden Guppy of Isola!

#273 - 03/11/05 01:54 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

How old before fish can be examined and bred/sold. I have 12 tear old fish and the game wont let me examine them.
Zack

#274 - 03/11/05 02:44 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

How long does it take for a pregnant fish/shark to have babies???????
Zack

#275 - 03/11/05 10:02 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Fish become adult at age 20, when you can examine them with the species button, breed them and/or sell them. How long they are pregnant depends on game speed, but it's normally less than 1/2 hour of real clock time.

#276 - 03/11/05 10:40 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you. Also, how long is a year in the game?

#277 - 03/11/05 01:50 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

It depends on game speed. I haven't timed it for every setting.

#278 - 03/16/05 02:25 PM A Couple Of Suggestions For Game Updates!
SilverWhisper Offline

Hello all.. I am a HUGE noob at the game, but in playing I have had a few thoughts for future versions of the game..

1. With Baby fish that were breeded, since they all look the same before age 6 perhaps if you put them in the isolation tank, maybe it can just show the parent info until age 20.

2. In the species screen it would be nice if there was a way to see what type of fish the parents are/were instead of just a picture.

I think those are my suggestions for now... I do have to say though that I am REALLY addicted to the game!!!

#279 - 06/02/05 01:01 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
gunsarefun Offline

COOL DANCING PERSON Kelcey

Attachments
9704-Sunset.jpg (425 downloads)

#280 - 06/02/05 09:18 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
MasterSmiley Offline

Loc: Somewhere
i want to play like all the rest lol

#281 - 06/03/05 04:46 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
MasterSmiley Offline

Loc: Somewhere
i wish i could play all of LDW's famous games but i guess i will never get word on my idea of making a village sim or fish tycoon games on computer

#282 - 06/03/05 04:50 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Fish Tycoon will be available for the PC soon. If you go here you can sign up to be notified by email when it is released.

#283 - 06/10/05 01:30 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

so after the 2nd tank, whats best to work on then ?

#284 - 06/10/05 01:50 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

You don't say what you've already purchased, but now that you have plenty of room to breed fish, you might want to improve your tanks so that your fish will have a better tank environment and you can try more exotic breeds.

#285 - 06/13/05 11:13 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
moonstone22 Offline

I purchased fish tycoon a few days ago and am hooked! I'm doing pretty well, breeding fish and selling them, however, a great many baby fish die. Why is that?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Marcee

#286 - 06/13/05 11:14 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
You are probably breeding fish that are too fragile to live in your current tank environment!! Try breeding heartier fish until you can afford tank upgrades.... then breed all the varieties you would like!

#287 - 06/13/05 11:26 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
moonstone22 Offline

Thank you, Michelle. Can you tell me which are the hardier fish?

Marcee

#288 - 06/13/05 11:42 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
I forget the actual names of the fish... :
But as Ladycfii has said "breeding identical (or nearly identical) fish from the original group is always safe. Cross-breeding species may or may not produce fishies that will live.
If you get it right, you can come up with some fish that will live a little beyond adulthood and can be bred and sold for much more than the common fish, but it will take some trial and error (and some dead fishies)."

#289 - 07/17/05 01:16 PM Re: Sick fish
Matthew Offline
Trainee

Loc: Ohio
I know a cheat if you want to PM me I could help you out.

#290 - 07/27/05 06:20 AM Re: Sick fish
Anonymous
Unregistered

How you all doing. I was wondering if anyone could please send me information on how to 'cheat' in the game. i've been playing this game too long, and dont have the patience anymore.... thanks
arampapik1@yahoo.com

#291 - 07/27/05 09:10 AM Re: Sick fish
Unicorn

#292 - 08/01/05 09:32 PM Re: Sick fish
GerGerard Offline
Adviser

Loc: OH
Who heard about Matthew? Someone sent him the Magic fish and he beat the game in 2 minutes. That is cheating!!!

#293 - 08/14/05 07:09 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok so how do you get that fish???? the cash cow?

#294 - 08/15/05 06:43 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

You can visit the web sites listed above and find out how to breed that particular Magic Fish. There are literally dozens and dozens of combinations that will work.

#295 - 08/15/05 10:25 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

thank you so much for the help! take care.....

#296 - 08/23/05 08:29 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
voleur Offline

Can anybody tell me if the maximum amount of money that can be accumulate in '' your cash '' of the fish tycoon game is
$ 999,999. ?

Also is there a way of figuring out the species that I haven't yet discovered out of 441 ?
vcc@videotron.ca

#297 - 08/23/05 10:19 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

I don't know what the limit in the Palm version of Fish Tycoon is because I haven't tried to test it, but I have over $7 million in my PPC Fish Tycoon game right now.

There isn't a way in the game to tell which fish you've discovered and which you haven't - only the total number of species you've discovered. That's why I had to track the fishies manually when I was testing the graphics on each fish to make sure that I got them all.

#298 - 08/24/05 04:53 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
bfsandy Offline

I'm new to the game and love it! I have some questions.

Two of my fish died. How do I remove them?

Other than the free food, how can I buy more food?

Thanks,

Sandy

#299 - 08/24/05 05:05 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Catman51 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: L.A., CA
Just drag to trash can to remove.
If you have enough money, go to the store area and upgrade the food.

#300 - 08/24/05 05:06 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Just put your dead fish into the trash can, or you can put them into the isolation tank and then tap the trash can.

You will always have a food supply in your toolbox, starting with the initial (free) food. You can get better food for your fish by researching new food technology in the supplies shop.

#301 - 09/05/05 01:11 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
mumofbilly Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Is there anywhere that tells you which fish is pregnant. I bred a few and can't tell which ones are and which ones aren't. Also can I put some of the fish into Tank 3 even if i don't want to sell them. They don't appear to sell unless you are in that screen???

#302 - 09/05/05 01:35 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

If you tap on a fish you can see if it's pregnant, or you can put it into the isolation tank and see the status, as well. There is no problem with using the selling tank (Tank $) as a breeding tank as long as you're careful not to tap on Sell Fish when you're not ready to sell them. Immature fish will never sell, so a good thing to do is to keep your babies in there if you need extra space.

#303 - 09/05/05 01:43 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
mumofbilly Offline

thanks for that. when i tap on them or put them in the isolation tank it just tells what type of fish and their age. No sign of whether or not they are pregnant?

#304 - 09/05/05 10:43 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

If it doesn't say they're pregnant, then they aren't. The fish in Fish Tycoon don't get pregnant on their own - you have to breed them. You can refer to this page to see how to breed your fish.

#305 - 09/05/05 09:26 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
mumofbilly Offline

I've got a query about the Fish Environment Research. I paid for it and it's sitting at 77% complete. Should I wait for it to get to 100% before buying some Rare Fish Eggs or can I buy them now?

#306 - 09/05/05 09:48 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

It depends upon how much of a risk-taker you are. Fish from rare eggs will survive only in a level 3 fish environment, but it's possible that they will live until the research is completed. Maybe!

#307 - 09/19/05 11:09 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
slkx Offline

Does anyone have any tips about how to price their fish for the best price? eg add a dollar or add $10 to the stated price? Or just sell the price they say?

And you know those research areas; I finally had enough money to buy research into food and it said I was now at level 2. How many levels are there? (I am tired of my fish being sick.) LOL

#308 - 09/21/05 10:11 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

You can almost always sell fish for more than the initial price, especially when the selling tank is full or nearly full. I have found that trying to sell only a few fish at a time will result in sluggish sales. If you wait until you have a lot of fish that you want to sell, more customers will enter the store and stay there, and sales will be made more quickly. Only trial and error will tell you what the "best" price should be for each species of fish, since it's a little different every time you play the game.

Each area of research (food, fish environment, and advertising) is completely researched when you reach level 3.

#309 - 09/22/05 10:52 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
slkx Offline

Thanks for that!

#310 - 10/04/05 02:46 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
finecat30 Offline

HELLO,

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF SOMEONE CREATED AN "EDITOR" PROGRAM AND A "TOOLKIT" PROGRAM (SIMILAR TO THE VILLAGE SIM ONES -----> SEE http://jhywu.tripod.com/ IF NEEDED) FOR THE FOLLOWING GAMES:

**FISH TYCOON
**PLANT TYCOON
**LITTLE PALM PET

IF NOT, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE ABOVE PROGRAMS WILL BE UPDATED SOON TO, AT LEAST, INCLUDE A .PDB (SAVEGAME DATA TO WHERE YOU COULD SAVE AND RESTORE x# OF GAMES)?

THANK YOU
finecat30

#311 - 10/05/05 04:12 AM Magic fishes
JA5ON Offline

Hi. I have played this game for 3days, and I've found 3 kinds of Magic fishes. Crimson Comet, Orange Snooper, and Speckled Leaffish. I can't remember what I actually did, but somehow I've got them..-_-; Is there someone who can tell me about other magic fishes? I know about their name but it seemes to be difficult to find them... (I'm Korean and I'm not good at English;; Please understand that..T_T)

#312 - 10/06/05 11:48 AM Re: Magic fishes
Unicorn

There are many, many ways to breed the Magic Fish - too many to list here. There is a web site where you can get fish combinations for nearly any fish that you need.

#313 - 10/07/05 11:54 AM Re: Magic fishes
Brenda Offline
Master

I used that web site a lot with the handheld version. It's pretty neat, but the database is a bit lacking in some fish body type combos, like Wasp, etc.

I think LDW should come up with a cute little game expansion that adds (or is a seperate calc program) similar function with ALL the combinations! lol! (I laugh, but it really would be cool to have one handy, instead of on some stranger's website)

And you still have to do all the breeding, waiting, selling, etc, so it wouldn't really spoil the game. Only those that want it would purchase it. Those that want that kind of help, use the available means anyway, so why not capitalize on it, and make it more easily available?

(gee, was that a subtle enough hint? lol!)

#314 - 10/11/05 01:31 PM Windows Mobile Version 5
Ali Offline
Adviser

I was just wondering if this game (and Plant Tycoon) will work under the new PPC platform, on a Dell Axim X51?

#315 - 10/12/05 11:37 AM Re: Windows Mobile Version 5
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
I haven't tested it personally on Windows Mobile 5.0, nor on the new Axim. If you have an opportunity to give it a go, I would very much appreciate a PM here on the forums telling me if it works, etc.

#316 - 10/12/05 01:41 PM Re: Windows Mobile Version 5
Ali Offline
Adviser

Quote:

I haven't tested it personally on Windows Mobile 5.0, nor on the new Axim. If you have an opportunity to give it a go, I would very much appreciate a PM here on the forums telling me if it works, etc.

Okay, I will download the trial versions to give it a try when I get the Axim tomorrow.

#317 - 10/13/05 01:39 AM iPAQ hx4700
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barbara,
I see that you have the HP 4700. I just want to know if you tried fish tycoon on it yet? I tried it on my and the graphic looks horrible.

#318 - 10/13/05 09:31 AM Re: iPAQ hx4700
Unicorn

I've been playing Fish Tycoon on my hx4700 for over a year, and I wouldn't describe the graphics as horrible. They look exactly like the screenshots on the Fish Tycoon PPC page (click on them to get a bigger look at them).

#319 - 10/13/05 07:14 PM Re: iPAQ hx4700
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for replying. I guess it depends on who's looking at it. The screenshots link you posted looks a little better than what I see on my hx4700. And I consider those graphics as horrible. Is there a patch for PDAs with VGA screen?

#320 - 10/13/05 07:20 PM Re: iPAQ hx4700
Unicorn

Neither Fish Tycoon nor Plant Tycoon support VGA resolution.

#321 - 10/13/05 11:11 PM Re: iPAQ hx4700
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Barbara.

#322 - 10/30/05 03:20 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Starbuck Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
Wow. I had no idea! Thanks for the insider note on the lifespan. I have been selling my fish before they embraced their 600th birthday for fear of loosing them! Great tip. Thanks!

#323 - 11/03/05 12:56 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
mom Offline

I had a message I found Cure, then it died. I don't know how i got it, did i breed it or buy it. Can i find it again

thanks

#324 - 11/03/05 01:49 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The Magic Fish of Curing is found by breeding the right combinations of fish. If it died, it was probably because it needs a better Fish Environment than you have currently researched. You will be able to breed it again, but you should wait until you have researched better Fish Environment. You can go to your trophy case to see what it looks like!

#325 - 01/18/06 07:48 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

HELP! all my fish are dead what do i do?

#326 - 01/18/06 08:23 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

HELP!!!!!!!!! all my fish are dead and i have no money!

#327 - 01/18/06 10:08 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

You will have to start a new game if you have no fish, no eggs, and no money, but there are some helpful tips for successfully getting going in Fish Tycoon in this thread.

#328 - 01/18/06 11:21 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

i play on a pc platfom though.

#329 - 01/18/06 11:25 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go to gameblast.com and go to fish tycoon scroll to the bottom and i think it says how to make the canaryfirearrow

#330 - 01/18/06 11:30 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The strategies in that thread work on any platform, including the Windows version. It's all well and good to know how to make the Canary Fire-Arrow, but it will die in the Fish Environment that you have at the beginning of the game. There are several resources that tell you how to make any fish in the game in the Fish Tycoon Guide section at the bottom of these forums.

#331 - 01/18/06 11:37 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks

#332 - 01/19/06 12:15 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

how can i make alot of money because i just started and i need MONEY!!!!!!!I only have 20 bucks.

#333 - 01/19/06 12:17 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

There are some discussions about strategies for getting a good start in this thread.

#334 - 01/19/06 12:17 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks i figured it out.my name is tristan.

#335 - 01/19/06 02:59 PM Re: Room to Breed
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have moved from the statges of cash cows, and researched environmental to full, but I find I have no space to breed. I hesitate to rid myself of any original species. Any ideas?

#336 - 01/19/06 03:23 PM Re: Room to Breed
Unicorn

It can be difficult to decide which fish to keep and which to sell, especially since you have space for fewer than 15% of the possible species in your tanks at any one time. There's a discussion about that very problem in this post.

#337 - 01/22/06 07:49 PM Re: Room to Breed
Anonymous
Unregistered

I cant make enough money to buy the research pack!

#338 - 01/22/06 07:51 PM Re: Room to Breed
Anonymous
Unregistered

what should i do?

#339 - 01/22/06 08:05 PM Re: Room to Breed
Unicorn

There are a lot of helpful suggestions in this thread. The most important thing to remember is that you need to keep at least a few fish that will thrive in your initial tank environments, or you will end up with no fish and no money. Cross-breeding early in the game almost always produces fish that can't survive for very long in a Level 1 Fish Environment. If you sell all of your initial fishies, you won't have any breeding stock that you can use to make more fishies if all of your hybrid babies die.

#340 - 01/23/06 01:47 PM List of Magic Fish
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been playing for awhile and I have 4 of the 7 magic fish. Would anyone be willing to send me the list of all the magic fish? srovercast@yahoo.com

#341 - 01/23/06 01:56 PM Re: List of Magic Fish
Unicorn

There are a number of threads that list the actual species of the magic fish. You can see one of them by clicking here.

#342 - 01/24/06 07:41 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
kimmar Offline
Expert

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Well I gotta say... i bought fish tycoon 2 days ago (pc version) and i'm having fishy dreams. LOL no kidding last 2 nights i've been dreaming fish breeds. This game is just too addictive ... you need to put a warning label on it! BTW just how many "common fish" are there? I'm trying to systematically breed the fish. Thanks in advance!

#343 - 01/24/06 09:46 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
Isn't it just tooooo much fun!

The way I play it there are only three fish in the common eggs that are healthy enough to cross breed without losing any. The rest are okay if you only breed them with themselves, but they still tend to lose health. There are three more of those. I think there are six body types in all that come randomly in the common eggs. The same goes for fin types. Three are safe every time and three aren't because they are already a cross between two of the others.

I'm taking this game WAY tooo seriously ... and I LOVE it!

I have lots of info on them on my webpage ... but it could ruin the fun if you look at it and learn to much too fast. The fun is in the trying!

#344 - 01/24/06 09:25 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
jmm029 Offline

is there a cheat for money ??

#345 - 01/25/06 10:54 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Lacey Offline

I have a couple of questions. I purchased the plant that is supposed to help keep fish healthy and I also have all the magic fish, but still my fish get ick and fungus. So far it has not been a real problem because I am on enough to catch it early, but I wonder what good the plants are if they don't help keep the fish healthy??

Also, my friend has to work long hours and turns her game to stop while she is gone so she doesn't have to worry about her fish. Yesterday she came home and she had lost a lot of them to starvation. She had stopped the game, but evidently it had not actually stopped. Have you heard of any glitches with the settings? I have grown so fond of my fish I'd hate to lose them. She had only one magic fish and it died and she has no idea how she got it.

And finally...I asked this in another thread, but I'm gonna ask again here...how the heck can I get a twin-fin spotanus? If I had one in the beginning, I probably sold it because I didn't understand the game. Now I have tried buying eggs and mutating fish to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#346 - 01/25/06 11:15 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The Plant of Curing from Isola only "helps prevent diseases on fish that are exposed to the plant." The same thing applies to the Magic Fish - they "help" (but don't totally eliminate) disease in your tanks. You can read the descriptions of the Magic Fish in this post, which is found in the Spoilers thread of the Fish Tycoon Guides section at the bottom of the forums.

We have not seen any reports of problems with pause in "single-player" Fish Tycoon games. However, when people have more than one player, there is a potential problem. Is your friend, by any chance, playing multiple players and changing the game speed right after switching players? If so, that's the reason she is seeing time pass. If she went to the menu and changed players, then changed the game speed before she clicked Play (which she might easily do, knowing that the game had been paused while she was gone), the game will ignore that she had it paused all that time and update all of the fishies at the new speed setting when she clicks Play. In order to prevent that, you must click Play immediately after switching players if you want to preserve your game speed setting. Once you've clicked Play, you can go back to the menu and change the game speed.

If you check the other thread, your answer about the Spotanus is there!

#347 - 01/25/06 11:23 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Lacey Offline

Thanks Lady. I'll give her the info. You are right...she was running two games.

#348 - 01/25/06 11:47 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

how do you get the first magic fish help am new

#349 - 01/25/06 11:51 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The easiest way to get it is to buy common eggs.

#350 - 01/26/06 12:41 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
KSalmon74 Offline

How do i figure out what the shopper's thought bubbles mean?

#351 - 01/26/06 01:11 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know exactly how many different types of fish can be made?

#352 - 01/26/06 07:08 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Archmage Offline
Expert

Loc: Mexico City, Mexico

#353 - 01/26/06 07:34 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Actually, there are 441.

#354 - 01/26/06 07:58 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

There are several discussions about the shopper's thought bubbles - you can check two of them out here:

Discussion 1

Discussion 2

#355 - 01/29/06 02:21 PM Fish health
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just how it is, that the health bar starts to decline - and then turns yellow in some cases. I don't know if I can do anything different at this point. I'm at teh very beginning, and sort of back-tracking - trying to sell and save money for a third tank and a temperature controller and health plant. That's all I want to do right now.

For fish health, level 1, what can I do?

#356 - 01/29/06 03:03 PM Re: Fish health
Unicorn

The most likely cause of the declining health of your fish is that your breeding strategy is producing fragile hybrids that can't survive in the Level 1 Fish Environment that you have at the beginning of the game. Some hybrid fish that you produce can survive until at least adulthood in a Level 1 Fish Environment, at which point you can sell them, and some hybrids will die before they're grown. It's always safe to breed identical common fish together (the fish that you started the game with: Sharks, Betas, Spotanus, Fatfish, Fruitfish, and Stickfish). There are several fish that will live to at least age 50 in a Level 1 Fish Environment and sell for more than $30 (there are some that do much better than that). The trick is to discover fish that you can sell for a better price, without producing fish that won't live. While you're experimenting, though, it's important to take care of your original fish, or keep enough money for replacement eggs, in case all of your hybrids die. There are a number of recent discussions in the forum that discuss various strategies for early success in the game.

#357 - 01/29/06 03:11 PM Re: Fish health
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

You need to save money and start researching your fish envirnoments. There are only a couple dozen fish that will live in Level 1 environment for extended periods without additional help.

Using Vitamins is a temporary measure, but expensive.

In one game, I'm doing a bit a research to find which fish at least make it to adulthood in level 1, I have the extra tank and the aeration system, temperature regulator, cleaning snail, and the nutrition and curing plants and certain hybrids still decline in health.

So save for that tank, which will help you breed more fish and then save for the envirnoment research (or skip right to the research if you have some good breeders to use.)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#358 - 01/30/06 01:47 PM Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have recently found the Greenfin fire-arrow, but have not been able to sell it at the listed price of $322. I have completed all levels of reserch. Any suggestions

#359 - 01/30/06 07:12 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

what will happen if i click the refresh button on statistics? i have found all 7 magic fish and want to know what to do now.

#360 - 01/30/06 07:29 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Your game statistics will be compared to game statistics submitted by other people that are currently playing Fish Tycoon for Windows, and you'll see your ranking compared to the other players.

#361 - 01/31/06 01:53 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I BOUGHT FULL VERSION CAN I INSTALL ON ANOTHER COMPUTER

#362 - 01/31/06 02:14 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Please see the answer in this post.

#363 - 01/31/06 03:03 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

how do get fast money on the game whin i only have lvl 1 advertising and lvl 2 tank

#364 - 01/31/06 03:12 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

When my fish are dead and I only have $17, how do I start a new game?

#365 - 01/31/06 03:15 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

what you do is deleit your old game and go to new game and type a name hint start a new game with help and you will start with fish in your tank

#366 - 01/31/06 10:42 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion!
Anonymous
Unregistered

does any one no of fish you can sell for $100-$200 that can servive in lvl 2 tank enviormint and lvl 1 advertising

#367 - 01/31/06 11:24 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion!
aphreal Offline

try goldbulbs, they are usually decent money

#368 - 02/26/06 01:39 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
matz Offline

I just started playing too and I do not know what to do with dead fish--Please help me I have my selling tank full!

#369 - 02/26/06 02:14 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Just drag your dead fishies to the trash can!

#370 - 02/26/06 02:34 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
matz Offline

Thank you so much--never saw the traxh can!!!!!!!!

#371 - 02/28/06 08:42 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
matz Offline

I am new too--(posted another note about dying fish) started the second time bought the better food --received the magic fertility fish and then they all died --did I feed them too much I am at a lost --

#372 - 02/28/06 08:48 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

I replied to your other post - you should check there. Most of us read all of the posts, so there's no need to post the same thing in multiple places!

#373 - 04/23/06 10:58 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
tuliplee2001 Offline

Has anyone used the "unknown chemical"? I've bought everything else and am tempted to try it in one of the tanks.

#374 - 04/23/06 11:18 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

There are several threads that discuss the Unknown Chemical. This thread will get you started. You can also search the forums for "unknown chemical" to find many more!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter