Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 100 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#251 - 01/12/05 02:31 AM Sick fish
imani08 Offline

Once a fish's health starts to decline, is there something you can buy to nurse it back to health? I've only had the game for a few days, I haven't gotten good enough to get enough money to buy any of the research items - or really anything other than the first two medicines - once I spent my hard earned money on the vitamins and I didn't see any improvement.

#252 - 01/12/05 10:15 AM Re: Sick fish
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are two different types of treatment for sick fish, and the one to use depends upon which illness your fish has. Here is the description of the diseases (from the Fish Tycoon instructions):

Fish from Isola tend to get two types of diseases: fungus looks like a greenish-brown growth on the fish; ick looks like whitish specks on the fish. Both of these diseases are bad for your fish as they can spread to other fish and eventually kill them. Just purchase the correct medicine from the supply shop, then drag it from the tool box into the tank.

Most of us don't treat sick fish in the beginning, when we don't have much money. You can either sell them or trash them. There are some pretty good "getting started" tips in other posts on this forum. You should check them out, too, for additional help!

#253 - 01/12/05 10:24 PM Re: Sick fish
imani08 Offline

No, not a sickness, but in the box on the lower right, there's one bar that tells you the Health of the fish and one for how hungry it is. I know I can fix the bottom one by feeding the fish, but once the top Health bar starts to decline, there seems to be nothing I can do. This morning I had only two fish left - their health declines and they just die off at about age 50 or so. But I was able to keep one is 349 years old and its health has never waivered from 100%. I noticed the other, which was 35 or so, was starting to lose health. I bred the two, but when the babies got 5, they died and soon after the 35 year old died too. So I'm about to start over again for the 2nd time in a week. I just barely have enough money to buy eggs, but the last time I did that, I only got two or three fish who lived, might as well start from scratch again.

Edited by imani08 (01/12/05 10:49 PM)

#254 - 01/12/05 10:42 PM Re: Sick fish
Unicorn

OK, I understand what you're experiencing now! In the beginning of the game, your tank environment will not support hybrid fish. Depending on which fish you breed, they will lose health at various rates. As you've seen, some hybrids will die as babies, others will live longer but continue to lose health until they die (or you sell them).

There is no cure for that kind of declining health apart from researching better fish environments. Since you're at the beginning of the game, you won't have enough money for that for awhile.

I posted one approach for getting started successfully in Fish Tycoon
here.

You might give that a try until you get more familiar with the game and can try strategies of your own!

#255 - 01/17/05 04:27 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anybody else noticed how the fish are sexless? - I have all the fish pregnant all the time... Drop one fish in, make it pregnant, then swap them over and do the same - voila, two pregnant fishies

#256 - 01/17/05 05:22 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Dynamic Offline

Thanks

#257 - 01/17/05 08:24 PM How to manage all the fish
imani08 Offline

Thanks for the advice of how to get started. I used the strategy you suggested, worked perfectly, but now I'm not sure how to manage all the different species I have. I was able to track all the fish through the second generation, but that's about 22 different fish. There's no way I can try all the combinations of those fish to find the right ones. I found one of the Magic fish, purely by accident, I just started breeding fish at random. But I'm at a loss to figure out how to play now, besides just relying on luck. My tanks pretty much stay full, every time I sell a fish now, I wonder if I'm selling off a path to a Magic Fish (I know there's more than one path).

Also, is it necessary to keep the Magic Fish once you've found one? I have the Magic Fish of Growth, but I can do without the sped up growing.

#258 - 01/17/05 09:04 PM Re: How to manage all the fish
Diana Offline
Legendary Tester

The only way that the Magic Fish will affect the other fish is by the trail of sparkles that the fish leaves behind.

The best way that I found to keep track of the fish is a matrix for the fins and one for the body type.

Hope this helps,
Diana

#259 - 01/19/05 03:43 PM How to breed fish´s ??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
I´ms new in Fish Tycoon... i dont know how i breed two fish´s ... Can somebody help me please...??
Thanks !!!
Guilherme

#260 - 01/19/05 03:49 PM Re: How to breed fish´s ??
Unicorn

Put an adult fish (at least age 20) in the isolation tank (that small tank at the bottom), then drag another adult fish to it. You should see the status of the fish in the isolation tank change to "Pregnant."

If the fish isn't adult, or if it's sick, you can't breed it.

There is a lot of helpful information in the "Instructions" HTML file that comes with the game, or you can read them here.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter