Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#351 - 01/26/06 01:11 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know exactly how many different types of fish can be made?

#352 - 01/26/06 07:08 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Archmage Offline
Expert

Loc: Mexico City, Mexico

#353 - 01/26/06 07:34 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Actually, there are 441.

#354 - 01/26/06 07:58 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

There are several discussions about the shopper's thought bubbles - you can check two of them out here:

Discussion 1

Discussion 2

#355 - 01/29/06 02:21 PM Fish health
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just how it is, that the health bar starts to decline - and then turns yellow in some cases. I don't know if I can do anything different at this point. I'm at teh very beginning, and sort of back-tracking - trying to sell and save money for a third tank and a temperature controller and health plant. That's all I want to do right now.

For fish health, level 1, what can I do?

#356 - 01/29/06 03:03 PM Re: Fish health
Unicorn

The most likely cause of the declining health of your fish is that your breeding strategy is producing fragile hybrids that can't survive in the Level 1 Fish Environment that you have at the beginning of the game. Some hybrid fish that you produce can survive until at least adulthood in a Level 1 Fish Environment, at which point you can sell them, and some hybrids will die before they're grown. It's always safe to breed identical common fish together (the fish that you started the game with: Sharks, Betas, Spotanus, Fatfish, Fruitfish, and Stickfish). There are several fish that will live to at least age 50 in a Level 1 Fish Environment and sell for more than $30 (there are some that do much better than that). The trick is to discover fish that you can sell for a better price, without producing fish that won't live. While you're experimenting, though, it's important to take care of your original fish, or keep enough money for replacement eggs, in case all of your hybrids die. There are a number of recent discussions in the forum that discuss various strategies for early success in the game.

#357 - 01/29/06 03:11 PM Re: Fish health
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

You need to save money and start researching your fish envirnoments. There are only a couple dozen fish that will live in Level 1 environment for extended periods without additional help.

Using Vitamins is a temporary measure, but expensive.

In one game, I'm doing a bit a research to find which fish at least make it to adulthood in level 1, I have the extra tank and the aeration system, temperature regulator, cleaning snail, and the nutrition and curing plants and certain hybrids still decline in health.

So save for that tank, which will help you breed more fish and then save for the envirnoment research (or skip right to the research if you have some good breeders to use.)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#358 - 01/30/06 01:47 PM Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have recently found the Greenfin fire-arrow, but have not been able to sell it at the listed price of $322. I have completed all levels of reserch. Any suggestions

#359 - 01/30/06 07:12 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

what will happen if i click the refresh button on statistics? i have found all 7 magic fish and want to know what to do now.

#360 - 01/30/06 07:29 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

Your game statistics will be compared to game statistics submitted by other people that are currently playing Fish Tycoon for Windows, and you'll see your ranking compared to the other players.

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter