Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#230883 - 02/23/12 02:29 AM kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling
bdbear Offline

This just started happening this afternoon. When I try to go into selling mode, the game doesn't change screens and then the game closes. Wondering if it's associated with a fish I created.

#230884 - 02/23/12 04:16 AM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: bdbear]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Since you didn't state what device you are playing the game on, I'm going to assume that you are playing on an Android phone. The below will assist you:

Many crashes occur because of low memory conditions on a device, rather than a problem with our game. When too much memory is taken up by running applications, the operating system will terminate the currently running app. When that happens, it will look exactly like a game crash, since there is no message from the operating system to tell you what happened.

In order to minimize this type of crash, make sure that you close any apps that you aren't actually using before playing Fish Tycoon. Merely tapping the home function will not close an app, since Android OS is a multi-tasking operating system and the apps will continue to run in the background. Use the application management function in your device's Settings panel to close any apps you don't need running. This will make more memory available to run Fish Tycoon.

For more information on this, please see the below, while keeping in mind that application memory is not the same as device memory:

Current smartphone operating systems are multitasking operating systems that are capable of running many tasks at once. When using a device that supports multitasking, such as most current smartphones and tablets, using the Home function does not close the app that was running at the time. Instead, the app is put into the background, where it often continues to run some of its processes. These processes vary from app to app, as does the amount of memory required to run them. The operating system manages all of the running tasks, but it doesn't always leave enough free memory to launch additional applications or processes, since most mobile devices have significantly less application memory than a typical laptop or desktop computer.

This situation will, unfortunately, require the user to manually clean up memory. The easiest method is to completely power off the device and power it back on, but applications can be individually closed to free up memory. There are a number of ways to determine what apps are running in the background and individually close them. Those methods vary, depending upon the operating system that your device is running.

There are many useful references for managing applications on various Android devices, including the owner's manual or user's guide that came with the phone or tablet. You can also use procedures that can be found on the Web, such as this one at eHow, to help you close applications and free up memory. Keep in mind that various manufacturers and carriers often customize the Android OS, and the procedures for your device may vary from what's described on the Web.

Please note that older devices with minimum memory may require more frequent closing of other apps.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#230901 - 02/26/12 03:16 AM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: Xay]
bdbear Offline

I have tried what you suggested and the problem is still happening. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 7.0 Plus with Android 3.2. I think I mentioned it was working fine for the longest time, and then this started out of the blue. So frustrating!

#230910 - 02/27/12 08:28 AM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: bdbear]

I'm certain that it is, and I'd like to apologize for the problem. Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce this on our testing devices.

It may be helpful to know what applications are currently running on your tablet, how much memory each application is using, and any steps you can determine that will recreate the crash.

Thank you very much!
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#231047 - 03/22/12 06:57 PM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: Xay]
sirtango Offline

Im having the same problem. It started out of the blue. I too followed the instructions above but i have 115 mb of free RAM. Nothing but the system apps are running. Tried rebooting and it did the same thing. It does this repeatedly. I shut all other running apps down after a fresh boot (except system apps) went back in, hit the sell button, music started, and then it kicks me out. I have a vizio 8" tablet with the latest update. I have played FT many hours on multiple days without any problems after the update. The problem started mid game. Thanks!

sirtango

#231048 - 03/22/12 09:29 PM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: sirtango]

As I stated above, we have not been able to reproduce this on our test devices. We will need some additional information from you to help us determine the cause of this problem.

1. Exactly what version of Android OS do you have?
2. What is the exact model of your device? (The more details, the better! smile )

Here are a few gameplay related questions:

1. Did you complete any research in the game immediately prior to this occurring? If so, which research, and what level was just completed?
2. If you disable sounds in the Options menu, does the game still crash when you sell fish?

The more information you (and anyone else who has this problem) can provide us, the easier it could be for us to determine the cause of this problem.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, and hope that you will help us!

~Heather
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#231050 - 03/22/12 11:26 PM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: Xay]
sirtango Offline

1. Android version 3.2.1 HTK55
2.VTAB1008

Kernel version 2.6.35.7+

Hardware version ID:5 (PVT1)

Software version V.I.A. Plus 2.0

Uboot version 2.1.1

Build number 2.3.31

I have level 3 of all research. Level 3 of advertising research was the last before the problem occurred.

I tried disabling sounds and it did it again. As i stated above the problem happened mid game. It seems i can do everything except sell fish. Hope this helps. But if you need any more info let me know. I would be happy to help.

sirtango

#231055 - 03/23/12 12:25 PM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: sirtango]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: sirtango
It seems i can do everything except sell fish.

Which is pretty much a gamebreaker, given the object of the game.

#231175 - 04/17/12 05:21 PM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: Xay]
Peanuts80 Offline

Originally Posted By: Xay

1. Exactly what version of Android OS do you have?
2. What is the exact model of your device? (The more details, the better! smile )

Here are a few gameplay related questions:

1. Did you complete any research in the game immediately prior to this occurring? If so, which research, and what level was just completed?
2. If you disable sounds in the Options menu, does the game still crash when you sell fish?

1. Android 2.3.5
2. HTC Incredible S S710e

1. No, I completed all research levels long before it started crashing.
2. Yes.

I even managed to crash the mobile a couple of times, not just the game itself...

Edit: I have level 3 of all research. I always kill all apps before playing Fish Tycoon.

Edited by Peanuts80 (04/17/12 06:38 PM)

#236882 - 02/10/14 06:49 AM Re: kicked out of Fish Tycoon when selling [Re: Peanuts80]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
According to several Amazon reviews of this game, it starts crashing on the selling fish screen right after receiving level 3 of advertising. I read several reviews that stated that, but I have faith that LDW will fix it, so I bought it anyway.

Hasn't happened to me yet as I just bought the game.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter