Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 142 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30 31 >
Topic Options
#229461 - 04/13/11 09:15 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: smjjames]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota

Quote:
I wonder whats up with the progress since a few weeks ago the bar moved to the edge of the 'g', but a short time later it got bumped back.

I am not sure what problem you are having but you might try refreshing the page because the progress bar is at the edge of the g and hasn't moved backwards. At least it hasn't on my computer and I just cleaned out my caches and all temp files plus refreshed the page it the same place it was a few weeks ago the edge of the g.

#229462 - 04/14/11 01:40 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: skipper45mn]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: skipper45mn

Quote:
I wonder whats up with the progress since a few weeks ago the bar moved to the edge of the 'g', but a short time later it got bumped back.

I am not sure what problem you are having but you might try refreshing the page because the progress bar is at the edge of the g and hasn't moved backwards. At least it hasn't on my computer and I just cleaned out my caches and all temp files plus refreshed the page it the same place it was a few weeks ago the edge of the g.

Wierd, I did a cache cleanout and it is still stuck.

Edit: Which browser are you using? I checked with IE and it's where you say it is, while FF, which I normally use, shows it at the 'o'.

Edited by smjjames (04/14/11 01:42 AM)

#229463 - 04/14/11 01:08 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: smjjames]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Precisely how the progress bar appears in relation to the text depends not only on the browser being used, as suggested by smjjames, but also on the size and display resolution of your screen plus whether you are viewing the page with your browser maximised or set to a narrower width than the whole screen.

#229466 - 04/15/11 03:05 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: arnie]
BostonGirl Offline
Trainee

Thanks Arnie, I get it. You know how much spec there is about the new game, if you feel generous you might be persuaded to give a one word hint about which direction the new game may take. I don't expect you to tell what you guys are working on, but a cryptic, hint might just pacify some people. Me, for one, Arnie. Just asking.. asking never hurts.

#229467 - 04/15/11 03:26 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: BostonGirl]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
I may be wrong bostongirl, but arnie doesn't work for ldw. arnie if i am wrong about that sorry. mysteries drive me crazy so i can hardly wait for this one to get done. I am sure it will be another great game.

#229468 - 04/15/11 04:03 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: skipper45mn]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
That's correct. Arnie does not work for LDW, he's a very helpful game player here on our forums. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#229470 - 04/15/11 04:36 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: Xay]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Xay, maybe you should check the mystery game progress page on FireFox? It still isn't showing the bar at the edge of the 'g'.

It actually did show at the edge of the g a couple weeks ago, but it went backwards for some reason, and even a refresh and cache cleanout doesn't help. So, something is going on there.

Edited by smjjames (04/15/11 04:39 AM)

#229476 - 04/15/11 01:41 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: Xay]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Xay
That's correct. Arnie does not work for LDW, he's a very helpful game player here on our forums. smile

Thanks for that, Heather. Yes, I'm just a player like most people and so have no idea what the new game is about. Even if I did work for LDW and knew about the game, I should think I'd soon be fired if I let out any hints. laugh

#229487 - 04/16/11 08:49 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: smjjames]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
smjjames, the issue is almost certainly that your browser has that page cached and is showing you an outdated view of the preview. I have checked our Previews Page in every major browser in both Windows and Mac, including Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer for Windows, and the progress bar displays correctly in every case.

All modern browsers cache Web pages to improve performance, but sometimes that can cause outdated information to be displayed. The only way to ensure that you have the latest information and images for a given Web page is to update your browser's cache (either by clearing it, and then reloading the page), or by manually refreshing the contents of the page by using your browser's reload/refresh function (in Firefox, there's a button for that or you can click View=>Reload to refresh the page). laugh

#229488 - 04/16/11 08:55 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: LadyCFII]
The Chief Offline
Adviser

Loc: VA
I'm happy that LDW is making a new game! If any hints can be given to the game, please, give!

Page 4 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30 31 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter