Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >
Topic Options
#228491 - 02/08/11 07:15 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: IzzyJ5]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
Hmm I guess you are right IzzyJ5 alot of space wasn't really being used by the believers or the heathens. It was mostly around the statue and the lab. The statue was kind of in the way epspecially when I was building huts. The springs were abandoned when the rainbow totem was torn down and the mausoleum was also left alone when it was cleared by the believers. Either more space needs to be added to the game or space needs to be used more wisely. But still VV5 is a great addition to the VV series.

#228495 - 02/08/11 07:53 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: IzzyJ5]
smjjames Offline
Expert

I agree there with the amount of space being used, or rather not enough space since this is the first VV that I remember which was the most cramped as far as building space. While there are a couple of out of the way spots that can be used, there isn't a whole lot of space, whether used or unused.

In fact, VV4 has this huge grassy area that is useable for building.

Also, if you let your villagers do what they want, they might use the springs.

Edited by smjjames (02/08/11 07:54 PM)

#228502 - 02/08/11 10:46 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: smjjames]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

The statue was a big problem for building huts it was always getting in the way. The only places I could put them were in areas where heathens ran wild. I had to use either nursing moms or children to distract the heathens from the firewood for my adults to get some. Even if my adults got to the project with the wood sometimes other heathens or rascals would scare them and they would drop the wood. So hopfully there will be more areas to place huts and no more heathens to mess everything up in VV6.

#228532 - 02/09/11 06:54 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: Cyborg]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Ok I have yet another idea for the next VV chapter. VirtualVillagers The Secret Garden. In this chapter the retired chief from VV5 tells your villagers of A magical garden on the island. Overcome with joy your villagers get ready to flock to the garden for a day of fun and games. But then the chief tells them it has been many years since it has been cared for and the garden may be dead. Select a group of villagers to locate, referbish and heal the secret garden. This is how I think the garden should look. In the middle is a large water fountain that has gone dry, statues that have been over taken by vines, flowerbeds full of dead flowers, dead grass areas covered with weeds. In this chapter you will have to build a research table before you will be able to get tech points. With every level of science that you buy you will be able to upgrade the table and eventually turn it into a full lab like in VV5. At level one when it is just a tabe it will only have a few bowls and bottles not very advanced technology. At level two the table will get a little larger and will have more advanced scientific tools on it more bowls more bottles and maybe some shells and other things to be studied. The table will have a bamboo fence around it. Shelves with beakers and bottles will appear inside the fence next to the main table. At level Three it will become a lab like the one in VV5 A chalkboard will appear the table will be covered with the most high-tech science tools on the island. An hourglass a microscope, magnifying glasses, testubes and more. In the back of the lab there will be a hanging skeleton that can be studied by the villagers. The shelves will become huge and will be filled with stacks of books and potion bottles.

Edited by achilles (02/09/11 06:57 AM)

#228533 - 02/09/11 07:34 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: Cyborg]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Well, since we've gone around the island and to the center (or at least what we think is the center) of the island. Maybe the next one will bring together the various communities somehow?

Of course though, Isola is probably bigger than it seems like, so there are plenty of unexplored areas inland. Or perhaps, underground, caves have been involved in the storyline a few times. Mostly in getting people to one area of the island or another, but the fact that the intro to VV4 says that the expedition took several days lends to the idea that the island is much bigger than we think. So theres plenty of places, like maybe that huge central valley we always see.

Edited by smjjames (02/09/11 07:36 AM)

#228534 - 02/09/11 07:39 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: smjjames]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

You're right about that when you see the picture of ISOLA it looks like a small island but in the game it appears to be huge.

#228551 - 02/09/11 08:03 PM Mix Things Up
sgreen37 Offline

I know this is kind of early, but I wanted to suggest that things be mixed up in VV6. Pretty much what I mean is I would like to see a map that is completely different from any of the other ones. For instance, the past 3 VV games have had a circular research area in or close by the top left corner. Why not make it something besides a circle and maybe put it in the bottom right corner. I would love to see new huts, new burial place, new hospital, new nursery, new food bin; small stuff like that. I know they are petty things, but together they really add to the feel of the game.

We've had the research center in the top left corner for 3 games

We've had the same huts for the past 2 games

Same nursery, clothing hut, hospital, flower hut, burial place, food bin, fire pit as last game.

These are all small things, but I would love to see things changed up in VV6.

LDW did a great job at changing the gameplay up with the heathens. I loved that. They also did a wonderful job at changing up the map. The VV3 and VV4 maps seemed almost identical. This one seemed a little different. More like VV1 or VV2.

Like I said, these are all small things, but they really add to the feel of the game. grin

#228862 - 02/19/11 05:45 AM Re: Mix Things Up [Re: sgreen37]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

I have another idea for VV6. Nursing mothers have a timer that shows how much longer they will nurse the baby for. Why not have them for the age of a villager. What I mean is there will be a timer that will show how much longer it will be until the villager turns old enough to work.

#228863 - 02/19/11 06:03 AM Re: Mix Things Up [Re: Cyborg]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Cyborg
I have another idea for VV6. Nursing mothers have a timer that shows how much longer they will nurse the baby for. Why not have them for the age of a villager. What I mean is there will be a timer that will show how much longer it will be until the villager turns old enough to work.

I don't really see that as being neccesary. When I see a child that is 13, I know they will be coming of age soon. Also one year corresponds to about an hour of gameplay time (on fast) anyways, so logically, they will come of age in not very long.

#228879 - 02/19/11 08:31 PM Re: Mix Things Up [Re: smjjames]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

True and the timer would just take up space on the detail screen.

Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter