Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#228060 - 01/23/11 02:42 AM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: bethie]
bethie Offline

several tries later, I got it, I just waited longer after time warping my builder before I dropped her on the challenge.

#228075 - 01/24/11 09:58 AM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: bethie]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: bethie
Grrrr!! It keeps happening, even when I time warp my master builder BEFORE I start the challenge, he still runs away and won't work on the challenge, what am I doing wrong??

Nothing. Just catch him and then start him off on the challenge. Just don't try to start the challenge THEN give him the
Click to reveal..
time warp!

#228633 - 02/11/11 09:12 PM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: arnie]
Dragoness Offline
Expert

Loc: Silver Springs, NV
I honestly think there is a bug with this puzzle. No matter what I try this is not working.
Click to reveal..
Just like the others I am having trouble with my master builder running off after starting the challenge and you can't put them back because now the challenge needs to be reset. I have tried 3 times with 3 different master builders. I am using the time warp on them before starting, grabbing them when they warp away, then putting them on the challenge where they start then run off.

#228634 - 02/11/11 09:16 PM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: Dragoness]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We have been unable to reproduce this on any of our test computers - it works first try every time for us. In order to analyze this situation, we would need to know exactly how to reliably make it happen and would appreciate any insights anyone can provide into how to recreate this.

#228636 - 02/11/11 09:26 PM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
Dragoness Offline
Expert

I wish I knew how it was happening so I could do the opposite frown

Please tell me if my method is sound to make SURE its not just me.
Click to reveal..

I have ALL tech researched. This is my last necklace piece. All totems are down. Everything is built. 2 blue Heathens left, should convert sometime today. I am using master builders, my first try was with a Jack of All Trades, but he has since died. I am waiting for the purple builder to be in his area, then bringing my villager over and placing him/her nearby. Once I am ready, I use the power on the villager and grab him/her as soon as I can and place him/her on the challenge. My villager starts the challenge, but then leaves to do other things and I am right back at square one.
Does it seem like I am doing everything I should be doing? I honestly can't figure out where I am going wrong if this is an error on my part.

#228637 - 02/11/11 09:32 PM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: Dragoness]
Unicorn

You have all the right steps in the right order. This may be a case of timing and certain conditions not being exactly right at the moment you start the task. Have you clicked on the heathen master to see what he or she is doing before you start? Have you tried not being so quick at putting your builder on the task after using the TW?

#228638 - 02/11/11 09:38 PM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
Dragoness Offline
Expert

The last try I checked him first and he was "staring into space" and I also tried waiting a bit longer. I am going to go see if I am recharged enough to try again now, if not I will try again when i get home from "park day" (homeschool) tonight.

#228639 - 02/11/11 09:41 PM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: Dragoness]
Dragoness Offline
Expert

Nope, not enough energy to try now. Will try this evening when I return home.

#228640 - 02/11/11 09:44 PM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: Dragoness]
Unicorn

Well, the heathen is doing the right thing, as well. We many need to have you (or someone) try a few times, noting what the heathen does throughout the attempt, as well as what your builder's actions are. Sometimes these are very tricky things to diagnose.

#228641 - 02/11/11 09:57 PM Re: Questions about puzzle 9 (contains spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
Dragoness Offline
Expert

OK I have a few extra minutes, just changed game speed to 'fast' so I should have enough to try in a few minutes. I will record the results and post them. I bet it will work, lol

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter