Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 15 of 20 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 >
Topic Options
#228046 - 01/22/11 04:03 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

Gotchya! Well, i understand and am happy at least that you replied! Hmmm, is this a sign of the times where we want happiness NOW and at the cost of others' comfort? i apologize for coming off so rude, but geez loo eez i was frustrated. If there is a fix on the way, i am happy! i have put my games on hold and will await LDW's patch(s). Again i apologize and again i thank you for being so kind. As for my other questions, seems no one has the answers to them as it has been more than 2 weeks since i first posted most of them. i can see Arthur's point of view but no one seems to have any answers to my "odd" queries. But heck, i can wait until maybe someone else can figger out what i can't!

p.s. ONly 3? Man, with THAT in my memory banks, it is amazing as all getout what you guys have done! Kudos big time! wish i had that schooling!

#228048 - 01/22/11 05:01 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: OptiTron]
redneeckgirl Offline
Trainee

Loc: Indiana
OptiTron, for medical training, try dropping the villagers on the very corner of the mat nearest the blue totem. It takes only a moment for them to walk around to the table, leaving that corner open for you to drop the next villager. I was having the same 'embracing' problem in med center, but I found that spot worked well as a solution smile

#228059 - 01/23/11 02:00 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: redneeckgirl]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

Easy to say, and i have done that. BUT see? i have 37, yes 37, villagers that only have doctoring to learn. Too many - and once you have this many you will see too - as once they start to learn, they shake their heads and walk right to that little lone corner so i cannot place any more there. Every chance i get to put one there, it seems two that refuse to learn take that place. Trust me, see how many villagers you can get that are ready to learn doctoring and you will see my frustration. But LadyCFI has informed me that they are working on this problem. During that time, i have paused my games (all LDW) and have taken my fun elsewhere for the nonce.

#228069 - 01/24/11 06:14 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: OptiTron]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
My population is at 101 and I have had no trouble training doctors. I literally have dozens and dozens of Master Doctors. Of course once a villager masters in one area I immediately switch their preferences to another field so that everyone has a well-rounded education. There are many ways to play the game OptiTron. Sounds like you chose to educate your villagers a different way. Here's a tip:
Click to reveal..
They train in every field faster if they are young.

Thank you redneeckgirl for the tip about the corner of the hospital, I don't think I was aware of that area. smile

#228074 - 01/24/11 09:53 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: MissKathy]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I don't think the size of the area for training doctors has changed much since VV4. I have never tried training 37 villagers at once in medicine, though, either in VV4 or VV5. Once they've reached trainee level, I'd try moving them out for a breather, and making room for training up a few more. When the game is off they will carry on learning , provided medicine is checked as their preferred skill. The space issue will of course not apply.

#228094 - 01/25/11 12:13 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: arnie]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

Thanks MissKathy, but all my guys have already learned and Mastered all other fields (except those unable to learn devotion). And arnie, thank you too, but in VV4 if you dropped the doctors-to-be anywhere on the mat, they did not automatically try to breed. They automatically instead tried to learn doctoring. Not so in this case. Again am wondering if it is a Mac thing? i COULD learn patience, HAH - NOT!!! Too old already! <G> But yeah, if i let everyone just wander about, and focus on only having 6 learn at a time, it is doable, but very time consuming because again i have to find every one that hasn't learned and again train and place them... a lot of searching and pausing and boredom! Ah well, the pains of trying to have everyone a Master of All Trades before they pass on!

#228099 - 01/25/11 01:45 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: OptiTron]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
You're welcome OptiTron. smile I am also on a Mac... an iMac running "Tiger" (version 10.4.11). I know exactly the "pain" that you're going through as I went through it in VV4. I started a new topic that you may or may not find helpful. You can find it here.

#228108 - 01/25/11 09:56 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: MissKathy]
Whimsey Offline
Expert

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
I'm have a PC OptiTron, and the training spot on my medical spot is really tiny. I had the same problem you had, of the villagers getting confused & thinking I wanted them to have romance, lol. Now I just train 2 or 3 at a time, and as soon as it shows "trainee" I put another on. The first ones will go back on their own.

#228124 - 01/26/11 09:55 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Whimsey]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Another area where the hotspot is tiny is when the villagers are uncovering the mausoleum. Dropping more than one or two there gets them embracing rather than working, as well.

#228127 - 01/26/11 05:12 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: arnie]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Yea, that one was problematic for me, however there is a spot on the right (where the pile of dirt appears at one point) which quickly opens up, but even then.....

Page 15 of 20 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter