Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 19 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#226980 - 01/07/11 07:50 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
petenpete Offline
Adviser

Loc: Manhattan, KS
Once again LDW, GREAT JOB!

I must confess, I hated this one at first. But now that I've gotten my sea legs I'm REALLY diggin it.

Beautiful artwork, LOVE the new hairstyles! Yes, I'm the kind of goddess who selected her tribe by how cool their hair looks. Just because you're being held captive n tormented by hostile natives doesn't mean you can't look fabulous.

Thanks for another fun, engaging & surprisingly personal gaming experience. &#57431;

#227021 - 01/07/11 09:05 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
Zuleika Offline

Now, that I'm mostly finished except for a few rare relics & science objects, I have a better view of the whole game.

Meh. 3-1/2 out of 5 stars. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't *great*.

Sorry, LDW, but I thought the previous versions were better. Getting through the last conversions with nothing else to do was tedious and had nearly zero pay-off.

The main lingering problem with all the VVs (I've played all 5 now) has been solving all the puzzles and then not having anything to do while you're still short a few relics for the collections or in this case, also waiting on the heathens. I'd really hoped that the balance would be perfected in this version, but it isn't.

There are still not enough building projects. It would be good to do hut upgrades. And more housing should be required for a population of 90!

And markers on the detail page for villagers so it's easier to see where trainee, adept, and expert split.

I also didn't really like the puzzles -- I thought they were too simplistic in some cases, or just tediously repetitive in others (like constantly using lightening to scare off the heathens and then re-dropping villagers to work, lather, rinse, repeat).

Plus I missed potions in the lab. I missed the different levels of the areas like the lab or the hospital. These were really some of the things that made VV fun.

And I got only a few events -- out of 13 events, I got two repeats. I would think it would be easy to program events not to repeat.

I've thought that most of the past VVs were harmonious and fun environments, but the heathens made VV sort-of aggravating, and I didn't like that mood change.

All in all, some of the lingering issues don't seem improved and it wasn't as polished as some of the past outings.

I did like that when you convert the Master Farmer heathen that
Click to reveal..
he told part of the back story.
It would have been a fun progression if this had happened with each of the Master heathen conversions.

And I do appreciate that LDW is looking for new ways to take VV so that it doesn't get stagnant. Can't say I loved the heathen interaction and conversion process, but kudos for breaking out of the box! I can see the story line moving to reunite the villages on the island, and maybe the the next VV is a more linear map building a road between the villages with the puzzles related to interim spots on the road (barriers, etc.), road building materials, reunite each village as you get to it, etc.

#227149 - 01/08/11 11:48 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: sgreen37]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
Again, I know I will love this game (if the stupid 1 hour version would actually WORK) when I finally play it, but I agree with SquishedFairy, nursing women that can't work annoy me. I think they should now work for maybe 30-40 minutes game time, them work at a slightly slower pace until the baby is old enough to go around on his/her own. Great job anyway, LDW!

#227164 - 01/09/11 01:47 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
Daisy2 Offline

I loved it right away!
Then I made so many mistakes in the first couple of games I played...
And each game takes soooo much time to get anything accomplished,so now I'm a little frustrated.

#227176 - 01/09/11 04:15 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Daisy2]
marlab Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
I LOVE IT! Thank you LDW - the best VV yet! Much more challenging and interesting and no more of those stupid potions. The heathens are a riot. I finished the first one and working on my second. Getting very easy to beat those heathens now. Cute ending.

PLEASE give us a new Virtual Families now!

#227187 - 01/09/11 08:06 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: EsteemedElder]
scallerbar Offline

I couldn't wait for this game, and i'm a little disappointed in the respect by the time I got
Click to reveal..
my earthquake power, everything was built so can't really finish the game as I can't reset any buildings. 2.I have 105 ppl and no triplets, too many ppl to even try for it. would have been better if the max was 150. 3. both myself and hubby have been waiting days and days to get the last idem for the hand. 4. you want 10 with all full skill, yet most can't get the devotion. 5. the kids learn nothing from the school 6.it would have been better if you can judge how far along like % to their skill level e.g adept 53% .
I had fun playing untill I realized I will never be able to complete the game. Some more buildings would be great. There is never enough or to even be able to upgrade the huts to lodges etc

Oh I forgot 1 other thing parenting...... how can you get this skill level with 10 ppl, by the time your half way full, there are too many ppl, you just don't get enough for having or making the child or telling them stories. And you get nothing for teaching.

I never had this many complaints with the other games, just sooo frustrated that I can't finished
Is it me or in this version there is less to do???

#227192 - 01/09/11 09:36 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: scallerbar]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
scallerbar,

I suppose technically you won't be able to "complete" the game. That's part of the fun. It is ongoing. The trophies are fairly unimportant. It's not meant to be finished in a few days.

One of the good things about this particular game is that
Click to reveal..
you can rejuvenate villagers, so they can have several "lifetimes" to work to become Masters, Esteemed Elders, and Jacks of all Trades.

#227200 - 01/09/11 02:02 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: arnie]
IzzyJ5 Offline
Adviser

With the new game I really miss finding herbs to mix potions or prepare stews for my villagers. That would be my only complaint aside from the heathens going after elderly villagers and children. Other than that, I love the new game and have been playing nearly non-stop since I downloaded it. Good job LDW.

#227227 - 01/09/11 06:42 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: IzzyJ5]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
I love VV5!

The map is gorgeous. I especially like the river and waterfall and the rocky pools. The powers are a nice touch and solve several of the "problems" from the previous games. I like that there is more than one way to solve some of the puzzles.

I like the different heathens and wish there were more of them, or that new ones would continuously arrive from out of the jungle. That would have added a layer of difficulty.

Overall, I'm really impressed and I'm really enjoying the game!

#227229 - 01/09/11 07:06 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Cindy522 Offline

People are saying in this thread that the game is more challenging.

I guess I agree, because this game has DOABLE challenges... whereas many (if not all) of the previous versions essentially required finding spoilers to tell us what to do. In THIS version, while we have sometimes gotten a little stuck, had to try a few things that didn't work, etc etc --- stuff makes sense and can be figured out (so far anyway, I have 9 or 10 of the puzzles done thus far)

On the conversion thing.... the details that are shown after completing one of the puzzles make a BIG DIFFERENCE, I think, in how many people would see the game.

I wonder if you should have included some of those details at the outset, making it all so much more palatable.

Click to reveal..
Its really about teaching barbarians than converting people from one religion to another. (yes, heathen means non-believer... but I think its easy for people to not embrace that aspect.

After seeing those details behind the springs, the heathens protecting the idols could easily be seen as just doing it out of fear --- fear of anything... fear of anyone doing anything to change anything. It can be see as that they do not understand science or teamwork or lowest level technologies anymore.

Doesnt need to be called "god", could just be thought of as "civilization" (of course, we shouldnt forcibly civilize native peoples... except that these are dying and unhappy)

Edited by Xay (01/09/11 11:22 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

Page 7 of 19 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter