Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 142 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#226513 - 01/03/11 07:29 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rockmower]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

NO time to read the above statements, gotta get back to the game. But WOW! Excellent game! Great puzzles. Just got it yesterday evening and here it is 28 hours later and have played it so far for about 10 hours. i am hooked. Just out of curiosity, i have all but 1 relic and 5 more to go on science but am wondering if there is an intentional slow down after playing the game a few hours...
Click to reveal..
Seems my believers are not getting the manna they were at the beginning. Have destroyed 4 totems so far, got my garden watered, converted the heathen mother to my side, filled the pond and THIS ><close to razing the Mausoleum totem.

to stop the child from scaring your workers, have a child get "chased" by yellow masked rascal and then get the child stuck up at the top of the aqueduct right above the small waterfall, it is a very tight but sweet spot that the child can't get out so the scary kid stays and tries to frighten him. Distracting yellow-face keeps all believers very calm and oriented!
WOO HOOO... guess i gotta pace myself... and look ma, no cheats! You guys RULE! Keep them coming!

#226516 - 01/03/11 08:30 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: OptiTron]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
I think with the
Click to reveal..
heathens to convert along with the destruction of the totems
and the rest of the puzzles that this is by far the most challenging of the vv series. Thanks Aurthur and all the gang at LDW for another great game. Can hardly wait for the next one but I know that this one and 4 will keep me busy for months to come. Keep up the great work. I love it and want more of it.

#226517 - 01/03/11 08:40 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
cindylouwho Offline
Adviser

I LOVE the 'heathens'. What a great addition to the game!
I HATE that the women who are nursing still can't do a thing except walk around carrying their babies. Women have ALWAYS taken care of business when they have babies. My son was only 3 weeks old when I went back to work. I doubt any tribe could do w/o a member like that.
I LOVE the totems and figuring out how to destroy them w/o looking at the guide. I do believe this may be the best Virtual Villagers of all! Congrats on the great job!

#226551 - 01/03/11 08:20 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: cindylouwho]
Squishedfairy Offline
Trainee

As someone mentioned in an earlier post that we must remember this is only a game. I've noticed that many people on different games (here as well as others) are starting to take the games way to seriously & that takes the fun out of the games.
That being said...
I just played the demo and as soon as payday rolls around this weekend I'm buying the full version. I love how everyone at LDW keeps the new VVs fresh and interesting. I especially love the extra challenge with VV5.
Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what you challenge us with next. smile
(And maybe you'll explain the purpose of the dreaded GC from the original VV)

#226555 - 01/03/11 09:25 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Squishedfairy]
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
I was lucky in that someone bought the game for me !!!! and I LOVE it somuch!!!
thank you to the team at LDW for another great game!!!!
and thank you to - you know who you are but you have told me not to thank you anymore !!! lol

#226634 - 01/04/11 05:44 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: biddy]
Casey Lynn Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, US
Wow, it's been awhile. I've been away for months and I get back to find that the game is already out!?! Awesome! I just got done with the free trial, and it was brilliant. VV3 was my favorite, because it was the hardest in my opionion, but this? The graphics are amazing, it's a challenge, and it's a totally new virtual villagers experience. I definately have a new favorite. I really can't imagine how this could be topped.

I can see why the whole "convert the heathens" thing could be a little unsettleing to people, it even made me, (not the most religious person in the world,) a little uneasy at first, but I think in the context of the game it's totally fine. It's not like we're beating them or anything, although I am a little guilty of dropping bees on the yellow masks to get some firewood.

Overall I say six thumbs up, coming from me and my two little sisters. I can't wait until my parents get paid, I'm getting the game instead of my allowence this week. laugh

#226651 - 01/04/11 11:52 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rockmower]
Chris_B Offline
Trainee

I played the demo first and wast completely mystified as to what I should be doing. And I loved it! Having played the previous VV games I knew the basics and that there are secrets on the island and I spent a while flying my villagers around the island. I have made a little progress but am happy to take my time. First impressions are good, I think it will be a great game to play.

#226657 - 01/04/11 04:22 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
Illeana Offline

Loc: UK
Loving it.

#226668 - 01/04/11 05:31 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Illeana]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
I bought it today,and so far i am not liking it as well as the other VV games.

#226680 - 01/04/11 06:25 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: emri]
sgreen37 Offline

Personally, I think people are taking this converting thing a little too seriously. I know the phrase "convert the heathens" comes on a little strong, but remember its just a game and your villagers aren't forcing them, they're trying to show them the truth and restore their faith in Isola.

Click to reveal..
Remember in VV3 at the end we find out the tribes of the island went into chaos and fought each other like crazy, well these are the descendants of those people and it is up to us to restore their hope.

Anyways, I love the aspect of our villagers being captured. The guard heathens make the game so much more challenging and strategical. I love it. However, I feel like the map wasn't designed as well as VV3 and 4. Their maps flowed together. VV5 looks like VV1 and 2 in that everything looks randomly placed. Also I know this is a small thing, but before each game had its own design for huts until now. Why do we have the same huts as VV4? The rushed-looking map and reused hut design really seems lazy to me. Although, in my opinion the creative new storyline and the God powers saved VV5 from being a complete flop.

Edited by sgreen37 (01/04/11 06:28 PM)

Page 5 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter