Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 14 of 19 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 >
Topic Options
#228455 - 02/07/11 04:53 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: smjjames]
dansmot Offline
Expert

Loc: Toronto Canada
I have loved all the games from LDW but I can't seem to get on with this one! I have several issues, the rascal is worse than the Golden Child ever was, I just hate that brat! The third hut takes forever to be built, I had one game where one of my builders aged 6 years while building the third hut, I had 10 builders on it, and five were runners, got quite boring waiting for it to be finished, couldn't do a thing because I needed that hut to have more babies and couldn't get enough relics to boost my God powers. I have only had one Island event in that game as well and that was right at the beginning, there's never enough Island events in my opinion, it should have more to stop the game from being monotonous! When I use the butterflies to keep the kids busy, sometimes one or two kids will run off in all directions, they even climb the cliffs! My peeps seem to also get confused and I have had several "bathing" in the food bin!! Also I've had a number of collectibles show up right on top of the broken necklace and I can't get a kid to pick up the collectible because they're "confused". That's about all I can think of now......glad to have that off my chest!

Edited by Rockmower (03/02/11 05:12 AM)

#228456 - 02/07/11 05:17 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: dansmot]
dansmot Offline
Expert

Oh, and exactly WHERE on the southern side of the lake is the sticky spot? I don't seem to have one either!

#228459 - 02/07/11 06:03 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: dansmot]
smjjames Offline
Expert

You need to fill the lake first. Also, go to page 7 of the VV5 section and look at the thread titled 'how to get rid of the rascal forever(glitch)'.

I would link the thread itself, but thread links aren't working right at this time.

The rascal definetly gets the most complaints around here, so yea, you aren't alone in that feeling of the rascal being annoying!

#228466 - 02/07/11 04:41 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: smjjames]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Newly posted links work just fine; it's the links that existed prior to the forum crash that are broken. Here's the link to the thread that you mentioned.

#228470 - 02/08/11 12:35 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: LadyCFII]
dansmot Offline
Expert

Thanks Lady, now I can get rid of that pesky kid!!

#228484 - 02/08/11 12:00 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: dansmot]
Parazombie Offline
Expert

Loc: Oakland, California
I like the game a lot, and this one was pretty different from the others. I didn't find the puzzles as hard in this game, but those heathens definitely made it all a bigger challenge than originally expected. Good job LDW, and thanks for the great game. smile

#228577 - 02/10/11 03:29 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rockmower]
gambitgarrison Offline

Loc: Georgia
I read a lot of the complaining in the forums for previous games in the series that they weren't quite religious enough and I guess this one more than makes up for it. As an atheist, a free thinker, and a secular humanist - the game just plain offends me. I was quite taken aback and am rather shocked at the radical departure from the other games in the series that were so very light-hearted and a sheer joy to play. This one is heavy in theme and a bit cruel in nature and I just can't get past it. I realize you can't please all of the people all of the time and I guess it's just my turn. I also realize that I don't have the right to not be offended (I only have the right to decide what to do about it)- but you did ask for feedback on the game and I was so startled by it that I simply had to offer mine.

#228584 - 02/10/11 05:35 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: gambitgarrison]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
I have one question about your post. How was the game cruel? It seemed pretty harmless to me. Yes it was a bit mean to hit the heathens with the lightning bolt but you have to admit it was kind of funny.

#228597 - 02/10/11 12:00 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Cyborg]
ilovesimsalot Offline

I tried VV5 and really liked it. I birthed some butterflys and both the villager kids and the blue masked kids laughed and sang and danced for 30 minutes until I shouted out"They've got to get tired some time" Then they dismissed themselves from the butterflys. Do the bees make honey? I put them in the woods.
I want to buy it next month. Goin to Tennessee this or next summer.

#228601 - 02/10/11 04:07 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: ilovesimsalot]
smjjames Offline
Expert

@Gambit, personally I didn't think the VV games needed any religion and if anything, the devs tried a little too hard to satisfy that.

Page 14 of 19 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter