Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#227785 - 01/16/11 11:21 PM Teaching at the Nursery school
wildlilly Offline
Trainee

Loc: Australia
Hi, i have been having issues when i place an esteemed elder on the nursery school to teach. The kids are only staying for a few seconds and then they are running off. Even the nursing mothers only stay for a few seconds. In VV4 they stayed until they had finished being taught or i dragged them away due to collectables. I liked the fact that in VV4 they stayed in one spot for a while as i knew where they were (for collectable and crabs). It is frustrating that in VV5 they only stay for a few seconds and then run off as they never gain any skill. Is this an issue or is it how it was meant to be in VV5..Thanks

#227793 - 01/17/11 03:30 AM Re: Teaching at the Nursery school [Re: wildlilly]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It was designed to actually impart skill to the children. The guide says:
Quote:
Once this hut is complete and properly staffed, children will tend to spend a lot of time here. When your tribe has an operational nursery school, a small fraction of
the knowledge of the teacher will be conveyed to each child in the tribe every hour. The more skilled the teacher, the more the children will benefit.

That is Arthur's intent for the school, so if it's not operating that way, we need to have a look.

#228148 - 01/28/11 02:30 AM Re: Teaching at the Nursery school [Re: LadyCFII]
wildlilly Offline
Trainee

Hi thanks for the reply. I can not get them to stay for more than a few seconds. I have just upgraded to windows 7 and have just reinstalled the game. I am about to go into the game and see if they stay longer now. I will post back with my findings..

Just checked and even with a new install i can not get the kids or nursing mothers to stay at the nursery school for more than a few seconds. Its not like VV4 where they stayed for ages.

#228154 - 01/28/11 11:28 AM Re: Teaching at the Nursery school [Re: wildlilly]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
They don't stay long in mine, either. However, they do learn from the teacher. If anything, they seem to learn more than in VV4. There, 14-year-olds would 'graduate' as adepts, but only just above the trainee/adept cusp. In VV5 most seem to be easily halfway though adepthood (if that's a word).
Click to reveal..
It might help that my main teacher is the former chief, who is of course a JOAT, (and is regularly rejuvenated).

#228174 - 01/29/11 06:48 AM Re: Teaching at the Nursery school [Re: arnie]
wildlilly Offline
Trainee

Well your lucky. Mine stay for 2 to 3 seconds then off they go and they dont learn anything. Its so annoying that i cant get them to stay as this is sometimes handy when you need the kiddies to stay in one spot. I can use butterflies of course but then the kids learn nothing from them...LOL oh well maybe a patch (update) will come out with a fix...

#228176 - 01/29/11 09:12 AM Re: Teaching at the Nursery school [Re: wildlilly]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
As I say, mine don't stay for any time either. They do learn, though.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter