Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#227945 - 01/19/11 01:52 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
chemayla Offline

HI got 3 moms stuck. I didn't mess with the computer clock. I timed warped them on one occasion but they we're NOT carrying children at the time, and I waited until they were old enough to get pregnant again and now they are all stuck. I also didn't pause the game.

#227946 - 01/19/11 03:24 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: chemayla]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Unfortunately, it does not matter that they weren't nursing a child when you used a power on them. The Grant Youth power (for sure, and possibly Time Warp, as well) messes up a female villager's internal clock, and the nursing timer doesn't ever operate properly after that.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, we are looking into this issue in order to come up with a way to solve it.

#227976 - 01/20/11 01:02 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Add-on to my last post: It doesn't mess on all Grant Youthed father's, 1 male whois close to be JOAT has been GY'd at least twice and women who got pregnated by him carried their babies normally.

Sadly can't know with who those eternally carrying mothers had baby (on my case either ex-Chief or my 1st/2nd JOAT).

#228006 - 01/21/11 01:33 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: VVCX]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Erm, I Grant Youth'd my ex-chief, so I hope that doesn't mess things up.

#228008 - 01/21/11 02:40 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: smjjames]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: smjjames
Erm, I Grant Youth'd my ex-chief, so I hope that doesn't mess things up.

as you can see it might. If Grant Youthed is father then it might mess up timer.

#228012 - 01/21/11 03:27 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: VVCX]
Cindy522 Offline

Quote:
As I have mentioned elsewhere, we are looking into this issue in order to come up with a way to solve it.

You ALSO said
Quote:
We're trying to collect as many experiences as possible, in addition to our own testing.

You seem irritated that people are continuing to post about this issue.

---------------
My daughter was concerned about the woman dying while holding the baby. I assume there would be no dead baby... since you all never would have coded a baby skeleton... then again, children can die of starvation at the beginning.

So, please advise if you can.... if we allow the nursing mother to die, will there be a dead child in the heap as well?
==============
Also, upon seeing her as a 5 year old "showing baby the river", she is now really sad. Maybe Ill run the game on fast mode over night so she can look at it again without a little girl having a baby.

(this isnt about religion... no matter what, its sad for a 5 year old to have a baby - like it or not, these are great games for people with kids.)

============
Perhaps you should send an email to all purchasers stating #3 in your initial post here... that granting youth to an elderly adult will have her nursing timer stuck.

I THOUGHT the PURPOSE of granting youth was so the village could continue once all the adult women were over 50. Thats when we restored youth to this chick. Since there is a reason to do it, and its not a consequence of people working around the game (pausing to move people around, etc), it seems like something you should announce.

We did then get a female heathen or two converted, so thats whose been building our population, instead of the youth-restored person.

Thanks,
Cindy

Edited by Cindy522 (01/21/11 03:28 AM)

#228013 - 01/21/11 03:53 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Cindy522]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I'm not in the least bit irritated. I just want to reassure people occasionally that we are still looking into these bugs. That's all. I'm sorry if I sounded irritated. We're all pretty frazzled here after many long months of development, testing, and launch support, and maybe my choice of words wasn't ideal. blush

In VV1, there was no age limit for females to bear children, and if an elderly nursing mom passed on, the child did too (although there is no physical evidence of that fact). Because of that, VV2 and VV3 both had an age limit (which also upset people, for different reasons). In VV4 and VV5, the age limit was removed, although it's not as common as it was in VV1 to see elderly moms.

We do understand the issues associated with this complication of the use of the powers. I'm afraid that, for now, the only way to avoid them is to refrain from sending villagers (females, for sure) on a trip back through time.

As for getting the word out about this issue, that's why I created that post and will add an answer to our Support FAQ, as well. We are a very tiny studio, and we all have families and children who like to spend time with us. We have to depend upon our forums and support pages to provide people with the information that they need, since we simply don't have the resources to send emails to everyone who bought the game. blush

#228039 - 01/22/11 03:21 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
VVCX Offline
Expert

today (very recently) 1 of mothers who was etenally carrying her babies isn't carrying those but 2 others are still.

no idea how that happened since few hrs ago she still nursed her babies. total nursing time over week.

father isn't JOAT but is Esteemed Elder (not sure if Gyed or not)) so bug didn't happen on my case that Retired Chief or my 1st JOAT (villager on my starting population), who have both GYed couple times, would been father.

#228066 - 01/24/11 04:44 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: VVCX]
VVCX Offline
Expert

all those mothers who were carrying their babies for a long time started eventually getting near end of carrying, 2 mothers carrying ended before death but I think 1 mother died before baby was born (mother had 2.5 hrs left of nursing and age was 72 atthat time and no baby was shown at proper age), baby isn't at Mausoleum nor is mother (she had devotion selected and no Master Devotee at Mausoleum on last 2 rows) but that could be due that villager who carried her got targeted by adopt parent (I have several trying to Master it).

#228120 - 01/26/11 02:28 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: VVCX]
VVCX Offline
Expert

got eternally carrying mother again, I Grant Youthed 2 of those mothers who nursed their babies over week and 1st nursed fine but now 2nd has nursed her baby couple days now.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter