Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#227339 - 01/10/11 03:29 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
cindylouwho Offline
Adviser

If you have a villager nursing a child and use the time warp on them you then have a child running around with a baby. Obviously using time warp does not solve the problem. But, I know now not to have my time warped ladies carry babies - unless I want them to be useless for 50 years, lol.

#227341 - 01/10/11 03:48 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: cindylouwho]
TorNis Offline
Adviser

There is a glitch, which destroys Rascal activity completely.
For more info please refer to this thread: http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/227338/VIDEO_How_to_get_rid_of_Rascal

Video is available.

#227342 - 01/10/11 03:49 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Dimplz]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Dimplz, I understood what you were saying. laugh The nursing-seemingly-forever issue is complex. Maybe it would help if we consider an example from VV1, where a 57-year-old female (who is not nursing) is the subject of an Island Event that makes her young again. If she subsequently bears a child at any time in her life prior to reaching age 57, she will not begin nursing 'normally' and progress toward weaning the child until she once again reaches the age of 57. You can think of it as a highly specific and limited form of time travel, which has always played havoc with the game's internal timers.

This phenomenon has always been in the game, but it has rarely been encountered until VV5. Now it appears it's going to be a common problem for people who want to use a specific power as a normal part of game play, which is why we are looking at it again. It's impossible for me to say what Arthur will decide, though, since he tends to enjoy quirky things like this. wink

#227345 - 01/10/11 04:37 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: cindylouwho]
Unicorn

cindylouwho, Time Warp is a different power than Grant Youth. The one that causes the problem is Grant Youth. Time Warp can be used to reverse the process, but it will take a few uses, depending on how old the villager was when she was made young.

Unless Arthur decides to revamp how the nursing timer works (and I'm not expecting that, given how complicated the nursing timers are), it is probably not a good idea to use the Grant Youth power on any female that you ever want to be a mom.

#227347 - 01/10/11 05:26 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Dimplz Offline

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Dimplz, I understood what you were saying. laugh The nursing-seemingly-forever issue is complex. Maybe it would help if we consider an example from VV1, where a 57-year-old female (who is not nursing) is the subject of an Island Event that makes her young again. If she subsequently bears a child at any time in her life prior to reaching age 57, she will not begin nursing 'normally' and progress toward weaning the child until she once again reaches the age of 57.

Ahhh OK! Thank you so much for explaining it again this way. smile

#227354 - 01/10/11 07:02 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: skipper45mn]
Isolde Offline

Since today, I ran into the same bug as skipper45mn reported about using a god power, having the energy meter drop, but not getting the result. However, the Spawn Butterflies and the Hand of Bloom powers always seem to work for me, but unfortunately the rest of the powers has failed me, as said, since today (I bought the game on January the 4th and have been playing since that date).

I tried the 'work-around' given by skipper45mn (closing and opening the game) and that seems to work, but would like to know if there is going to be a more permanent solution :-)

#227360 - 01/10/11 08:25 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Isolde]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Hey guys, I seem to be having some kind of issue with the nursing timer. It doesn't seem to work on real time, I'm not having the issue where two hours later it's still on the same number or the time warp thing. It's just that the timer doesn't seem to be doing it like it was two hours since it's been at least two hours (I think) since I 'mated' the villagers. I tried the fix mentioned a couple pages back and that doesn't seem to help.

The heathen timer works fine and aging works normally, although my kid hasn't quite reached his birthday I guess.

#227362 - 01/10/11 08:30 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: smjjames]
Unicorn

Is the nursing timer changing at all? What speed do you have the game set to?

#227366 - 01/10/11 08:37 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
smjjames Offline
Expert

The nursing timer is changing, thats not the problem, it just doesn't seem to be going real time, and I have it set to fast speed.

#227367 - 01/10/11 08:40 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: smjjames]
Unicorn

The nursing timer on fast speed starts at 123 minutes, but 'counts' in 3-minute increments and often takes up to 10 minutes longer once zero is reached. We haven't seen issues with the operation of that timer, as long as the computer's system clock is stable, there is no time-travel, and you haven't ever used certain powers on the nursing mom (which you said you haven't). The only way to know for sure in your case is to actually time the nursing process.

Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter