Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 226 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#226755 - 01/05/11 03:34 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re my problem with not being able to buy up in technology without crashing:
I am on a Mac, and somehow I downloaded the game for a PC!
I redownloaded (is that a word?) the Mac game and all is well in my world. Mind you at this point in time, I think the Heathens are winning smile
ADDENDUM:
Fabulous customer support here....Beyond belief for the internet :):):)

#226833 - 01/05/11 10:15 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Ptuny]
Silverbeast Offline

I really doubt this is any kind of spoiler, but is it normal that when you start a game
Click to reveal..
Pregnant mothers never get any closer to giving birth and villagers do not eat the food that they compile (although maybe they eat it slowly? I have seven villagers and it stayed at 217 food for at least ten or fifteen minutes)
I'm pretty sure its a glitch of some sort. I think it was acting normally before I bought the fukk version, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Silverbeast (01/05/11 10:18 PM)

#226838 - 01/05/11 10:46 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Silverbeast]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Are you pausing and un-pausing the game a lot (for example, to place children onto collectibles)? That practice will often adversely affect the game's timers, particularly those of nursing moms.

While many people use pause to help them with everything from breeding to collectibles, the game was designed to be paused while you are away from it for several hours, not as a means to assist with game play.

#226845 - 01/05/11 11:23 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Silverbeast Offline

Hm... I do pause a lot (I'm not sure what is normal). But this is effecting all of my tribes, and I had a mom stay at 92 minutes for two hours(I made sure to leave it running unpaused for at least 20 min). I shut down my computer, and it came back as 93 minutes. I don't think I'm pausing more than I did in any other VV

#226846 - 01/05/11 11:30 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Silverbeast]
Unicorn

If you're 'unlucky' and you pause the game right before the timer is set to update, that update will be skipped. Do that too many times, and you have what appears to be a broken timer. Each game reacts a little differently, as well, so it's hard to predict. Your nursing moms will eventually recover on their own, and there's a workaround you can try that I linked to here, if you want to attempt an immediate fix.

#226862 - 01/06/11 01:56 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Mike Brannon Offline

Loc: California

I don't know if this is a bug or not. The problem I am having is I get up to around 317 energy points and then I don't get any more collectibles that will give me the next God Powers.
I have started 3 other games and it is the same thing.

#226869 - 01/06/11 02:44 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Mike Brannon]
Unicorn

New collectibles decrease in frequency as the number of duplicates increases - the more new ones you have found, the smaller the opportunity for additional new ones to appear. It's all about probabilities, and it has worked the same way in every one of our games that feature them.

However, that being said, the primary means to increase your energy, and thus your powers, is through population increases (through conversion or baby villagers).

#226871 - 01/06/11 03:10 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Rockmower]
grinnyp Offline

This is an odd one happening only in one of the three games I'm running. In the first game, the one I finished several days ago, all of the nursing women are suddenly stuck at 123 minutes. The women are aging, but they are not dropping the children. My population has shrunk from over 90 to in the 50s and continuing to drop, and these babies just keep hanging around. Running in Windows Vista.

#226872 - 01/06/11 03:26 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: grinnyp]
Unicorn

Please see my earlier post in this thread along with the two posts that follow it for a possible explanation.

#226935 - 01/06/11 08:03 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Rockmower]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
Hi I looked in technical issues and here and haven't seen this one. The issue I am having started after I got the god power fog. Since I got fog after the game is running a few hours none of the god powers work. When I try to use one the energy meter drops but I don't get butterflies, bees, tempest, fog or anything else with bees I hear them buzzing but don't see them and they don't chase anyone. If I quit the game and wait several minutes and reopen the game they work fine for a few hours and than the same thing occurs. I have window's 7 and my display is appropriate though I didn't look to see exactly where it is set at I have had no display issues. Any Ideas I find this annoying as it always happens when I need to use a particular god power.

Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter