Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 233 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#229455 - 04/11/11 06:16 PM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: Annthewhofan]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
Your right sweden I didn't see the word hate once in any post. But we have been discussing the religious theme for quite some time. I think LDW gets it we dont like the theme of VV5 yet we keep saying the theme is bad you shouldnt have made the game like that yadda yadda yadda. I love the games from LDW I dont want to make them think they have lost their touch in making games. All I want is for there to be peace between the players and the developers.

Edited by Cyborg (04/11/11 06:16 PM)

#229458 - 04/12/11 07:11 AM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: Cyborg]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: smjjames
@Swedane: Hasn't the cap always been 100 or so?
No, smjjames, of the five VV games --as far as I remember-- this is the first time where players MUST have a population of 100, in order to proceed. In all previous games it was left up to the individual players.
That is all I have been trying to say all along, but no-one seams to read it that way!! Each person seams to insist on putting a different slant on what I'm conveying.
Originally Posted By: Cyborg
I think LDW gets it we dont like the theme of VV5 yet we keep saying the theme is bad you shouldnt have made the game like that yadda yadda yadda.
I was NOT discussing GOOD versa BAD. I LIKE all the games and have bought them all and will continue to buy them. I am merely stating, AGAIN. The fact that players are forced to keep the population at 100, with no other choice available, is in my opinion, the biggest FLAW in the game. (Note I said flaw)
I sincerely hope that does it! smile

#229464 - 04/14/11 01:22 PM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: swedane
The fact that players are forced to keep the population at 100, with no other choice available, is in my opinion, the biggest FLAW in the game.

Where does the figure of 100 come from? I've effectively finished the game by converting all the heathens several times now with a population of around 90. Of course, when the heathens convert, the population will rise above the 90 limit for a while, but unless the older villagers are rejuvenated regularly the population will drop down to 90 or below again as they die. I say "effectively finished" because I've never yet completed a collection that would allow me a higher population cap.

Edited by arnie (04/14/11 01:23 PM)

#229465 - 04/14/11 07:17 PM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: arnie]
VVCX Offline
Expert

no need to keep population at 90//95/100/105 after has got trophy of 100 population.

#229473 - 04/15/11 11:38 AM Re: religious diversity [Re: smjjames]
Seashall Offline
Trainee

Loc: Sydney
Um, I know that some people seem to be taking offence to VV5's heathen converting thiggy (No offence to them. If I've offended them in some way, I sincerely apologise) and that the definition for 'heathen' is uncivilised. But I asked my mum about the meaning of it and she said that it also meant 'non believer'. So I guess that's the meaning LDW used when they created the game. Anyway, what the villagers are doing in VV5 is just trying to get the heathens to discover that there's more to life then just chasing others away and not believing in anything. And that there is a person who will guide them correctly.

#229479 - 04/16/11 11:22 AM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: arnie
Where does the figure of 100 come from? I've effectively finished the game by converting all the heathens several times now with a population of around 90. Of course, when the heathens convert, the population will rise above the 90 limit for a while, but unless the older villagers are rejuvenated regularly the population will drop down to 90 or below again as they die. I say "effectively finished" because I've never yet completed a collection that would allow me a higher population cap.
I'll go along with 90, it's not that much of a difference! Still to many villagers to keep track of; in my opinion. in all previous VV games, one could get away with as little or as many villagers as one cared to. Not so in this one.

#229486 - 04/16/11 08:25 PM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: swedane]
smjjames Offline
Expert

I know that we never needed 100 villagers to complete the game until VV5, I meant that the population cap where you can't gain villagers through birth (won't stop events though) was 100 or something.

#229532 - 04/20/11 09:21 PM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: smjjames]
zippie Offline
Expert

Having so many people running around the Village bothers me also. This is the first VV game where you MUST have a large population to complete the game. I've always liked the challenge of finishing the game with the least number of villagers possible. Once you've mastered the game, you find other ways to challenge yourself, but in this game, I can't do that. I'm back to playing VV1 now.

#229545 - 04/23/11 11:14 PM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: zippie]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
For some players solving all the puzzles signifies the completion of the game. For others it's solving ALL the puzzles and ALL the trophies. In VV5 you don't even have to complete all the trophies, only 50, which gives you even more flexibility.

#229555 - 04/24/11 07:47 PM Re: Just a friendly discussion [Re: MissKathy]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
Hey it seems we are disscusing how the game works and stopped talking about the theme. This is wonderful. laugh

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter