Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#226919 - 01/06/11 05:25 PM Re: Playing on a netbook [Re: LadyCFII]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

What netbook do you own Candy? Thanks for letting me know.

I tried it on our home PC. It's a new widescreen & although the game will load, it seems the resolution is an issue again.

In fullscreen I get constant flickering across the top of the screen, and tried all the fixes. I then get a message from my PC saying I'm in the wrong resolution, and it changes back to the best resolution.

In windowed it is workable, but only just. I had to autohide the task bar, but it's still just a tad too large so when I go to hit details and other menu buttons on the bottom of the game it just brings up the task bar and hides the menu options. Not having too much luck with our widescreen PCs.

Are there any other configuration settings I'm able to change within the program LadyCFII? Thanks.

#226921 - 01/06/11 06:15 PM Re: Playing on a netbook [Re: virtualbrenda]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The game itself offers only the choice to switch between full screen and windowed mode. As with all of our games it will display only in a fixed resolution, which for VV5 is 1024x768.

You probably don't want to go through a lot of hassle for a game, but if you have an older display around that's 4:3, you could probably attach it to your netbook and set the display resolution to allow you to run the game that way.

#226931 - 01/06/11 07:43 PM Re: Playing on a netbook [Re: LadyCFII]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

Thanks LadyCFII. I really appreciate all of your help. The work PC which it runs fine on is 4:3, so that is why it's perfect, but in the wrong location. cry

I tend up update my netbooks more often than we update our home PCs, so I'm going to definitely check the resolution size of the next one I buy. That's why I've asked Candy what she has so I might be able to check it out.

I must compliment LDW both for the support you give your customers, and also for VV5. I have to say it is the best casual game I've played, albeit just for a short trial time!

I might not be able to buy & play it now, but hopefully in the future when I get the suitable PC, I will come back & buy it.

Thanks so much again LadyCFII, and to the developers & Arthur who puts his heart & soul into our little villagers. smile

#227719 - 01/15/11 02:12 PM Re: Playing on a netbook [Re: virtualbrenda]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
I'm very sorry, Virtualbrenda but I have read your question recently. How LadyCF wrote, my netbook allows a much higher display resolution.

I am not an expert but I know you can also put the display resolution of 1024 x 600 to 1024 x 768, if you allow the unsupported resolutions. And if you use Windows XP.
It is possible that you have to change this setting again for the other applications.

Another possibility would be to connect an external monitor to the netbook ...

I hope this helps a little!

#227730 - 01/15/11 05:55 PM Re: Playing on a netbook [Re: Candy_63]
Unicorn

The basic issue is that the hardware must support resolutions at least 1024x768 in order to make those kinds of settings changes. Many smaller (or older) computers cannot physically display images that size. I have one laptop that I regularly test on that has a display that's 800x600. No software setting is going to be able to change that.

#227733 - 01/15/11 06:17 PM Re: Playing on a netbook [Re: LadyCFII]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
You're right! It depends on the graphics card. If this allows a choice of higher resolution, then you can adjust the setting. If not, there is no way to change frown

#227741 - 01/15/11 09:19 PM Re: Playing on a netbook [Re: Candy_63]
Unicorn

Yes, the graphics card and the actual number of pixels present on the display. Each display has a fixed number of pixels, and can't be set to display a higher resolution than the number of pixels physically present on the display. I could attach an 800x600 monitor to a graphics card that support many megapixels, and the computer still wouldn't allow me to display more than 800x600. laugh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter