Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 25 of 25 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25
Topic Options
#221684 - 05/02/10 07:06 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: grasshopper]
petenpete Offline
Adviser

Loc: Manhattan, KS
My daughter & I used to watch "The Adventures of Pete & Pete" on Nickelodeon many years ago. Those are happy memories & the nickname just feels fun & a little offbeat, like Pete and Pete were. Should I assume that Arnold (Arnie) is really "the strongest man in the world!"?

#221834 - 05/09/10 10:12 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: petenpete]
Pinkanista Offline
Adviser

Loc: The Netherlands
my nickname comes from my almost obsession of the colour pink so instead of a fashionista i call myself a pinkansita! simple as that!

#222486 - 06/11/10 02:39 AM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Tmac]
Mondegreen Offline

Loc: Illinois
Mondegreen is an obscure word meaning something along the lines of misheard song lyrics. I chose it for several reasons: I first learned of the word from a book series I enjoy, I love obscure words and the English language in general, and because of a hearing problem, I have a tendency to mess up song lyrics myself. smile

#223387 - 07/16/10 04:13 AM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Mondegreen]
chocolatechip Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Being chased by angry igaunas
Mine may seem simply just a like but there's a story! I used to go by Airy. ( my mum calls me that) Why, My name is [Not telling!] and I'm a bit of an airhead.
Well I'm a Chocoholic and one day my mum caught me sneaking some chocolate chips. She said and I quote " One day you're going to turn into a chocolate chip one day! But you're still so skinny!" Many call me CC today, which was created by Happyplayer! Thanks Happyplayer! My other candidate for the nickname was Peepers. Because as a wittle baby I looked at everything.

Avvi by AR

#223708 - 07/26/10 01:36 AM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Tmac]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Loc: NJ
My real name is Kirsten, so my aunt decided to call me Kiki. Then since my middle name is Ann, she started calling me Kikiann. When I signed up for my email, I decided to use a nickname, since that was what most of my friends did, so I wanted kikiann to be my screename, but that was taken, so I stuck an 11 on the end (my soccer number), and I have used this screen name on everything since. I know that sounds pretty boring but..

#223842 - 07/28/10 08:58 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Kikiann11]
Luke Gates Offline
Consigliere

I was originally going to be whutzup, because that's the first part of my email address and I thought it showed my uniqueness, but I got confused registering blush and so my screen name became luke gates, which I like.

#224042 - 08/05/10 06:35 AM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Luke Gates]
Rachel72 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Out Of My Mind!!
I think I posted in here before but here is mine.... Its simple.... its my name and my year of birth!

#225585 - 11/07/10 09:31 AM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
Taori Offline

Taori is from The Garden of God, the first sequel to The Blue Lagoon book by H.D. Stacpoole. The young couple died and left their son to be adopted by Richard's father, who took him back to the same island to live. The sailors named the kid Dick after his father, but when he grew up and met a beautiful island girl she just started calling him Taori.

I used to think The Blue Lagoon would make an excellent video game, and Virtual Villagers is very close to the way I imagined it.

#225773 - 11/19/10 05:42 AM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Taori]
mysteryshrimp Offline
Trainee

I wanted to be a paleontologist once. Most people think of paleontology as the study of dinosaurs, but most paleontologists study things much smaller, and usually older. I wanted to study very early water bugs (that would be marine arthropods from the Cambrian). I used several fossils as email addresses and nicknames, like marella, trilohunter, hallucegenius, etc. A couple stuck: trigonotarbida (a spider . . . kinda), and anomalocaris, or rather it's english equivalent, mysteryshrimp. It's the earliest true predator known from the fossil record. It was named as a shrimp because they kept finding just the mouth parts, which looked like shrimp with no exterior organs.

There's still a part of me that would like to do that, but the reality of paleontology, and in fact most sciences, is that the tv version of the job happens about once every five years. The rest of your time you are trying to get funding, you're hunched over a magnifying glass trying to get an accurate measurement, or cataloguing a collection of bivalves. Your dream job is never as you dreamed it would be.

Page 25 of 25 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter