Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#222656 - 06/17/10 03:02 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: Livilulu]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
BostonGirl, When you first start you generation, or your first person, you get the first proposal about 6 or 7 minutes into the game... After that they do become very rare. I've found out in one of my families, that if your person's spouse dies, they might sometimes get another marriage proposal, even if their almost 45 years of age!

Hope this helps! grin

#222658 - 06/17/10 03:58 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: Nora Willow]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
...I've found out in one of my families, that if your person's spouse dies, they might sometimes get another marriage proposal, even if their almost 45 years of age!

This only happens if the couple did not have any children. If a person is widowed and has children, they will not receive marriage proposals.

#222661 - 06/17/10 05:37 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: Jenny23]
BostonGirl Offline
Trainee

Thanks Nora Willow and Jenny for the advice!
I have an unmarried woman that adopted a cute boy when she first moved back in at 26 years old. She did get a proposal the first day but didn't take it. Now she's 40 and has only gotten two proposals. Luckily she has the boy to inherit, but I wonder if already having a child limited the proposals?

#222673 - 06/18/10 12:56 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: BostonGirl]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I wonder if already having a child limited the proposals?

It doesn't normally. As already mentioned, the proposals get rarer the more they are rejected, but adoption doesn't seem to have an effect on their frequency.

#222680 - 06/18/10 02:45 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: arnie]
BostonGirl Offline
Trainee

Thanks Arnie,
I have noticed the proposals do tend to thin out if the singles are too picky and reject them early on. This woman got a second adoption last night,(never had two in one family before) and this morning she finally recieved a third marriage proposal at 47 years old. Naturally she drug him into the house and started celebrating marriage! Better late than never. Sometimes the game has strange quirks that just make it more interesting.

#225523 - 11/04/10 10:17 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: BostonGirl]
Brina Offline

How far apart are the marriage proposals if they're rejected? I've rejected two, I didn't like the status he had on wanting children (Boots already has "No way!" as her status) and the second guy I just didn't like him in general, but I've yet to see a third proposal today.

#225531 - 11/05/10 12:16 AM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: Brina]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
It has been my observation that after the first 2 proposals are rejected, my peeps seem to get additional proposals at the rate of about 1 proposal per 24 hours of game running. Marie was 26 when she took over the house and rejected at least 5 men. I finally decided to marry her off at the age of 42 so that she would be young enough to produce children since no abandoned children had shown up at her door.

#225539 - 11/05/10 07:01 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: MissKathy]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Originally Posted By: MissKathy
It has been my observation that after the first 2 proposals are rejected, my peeps seem to get additional proposals at the rate of about 1 proposal per 24 hours of game running. ...
It depends of what generation you are in the game. At the first generation, you may have one proposal per hour! grin
But at the 30th generation, you'll have to wait 24 hours! smirk (I think it's the max)
As for how many proposal you may reject, I don't know but I already reject 5 or 6 without any problem!

#225568 - 11/06/10 09:18 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: laurence]
godzgrl4evr Offline
Trainee

Loc: Indiana
My girl peep rejected four proposals so far... er I guess I did lol... None of them want children. Now my girl is 48 years old and has an adopted daughter who is now 15, 3 at time of adoption. I fear it may be too late for my adoptive mother to have more children. *sigh*

#225571 - 11/06/10 09:36 PM Re: No marriage proposals??? [Re: godzgrl4evr]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Even if the person proposing marriage doesn't want children, they can still have them. Go ahead and marry your woman to the next gentleman who comes knocking and perhaps there will be enough time to make a baby. An adoption event can still happen as well. Just know that your game will not end after your female passes away because there is someone to inherit the house, the female who is now 15. smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter