Hi. It's Midii. This is my first story about two castaways. This is based on the twins in my Virtual Families game, and the Village they are in is also my Virtual Village. It may be confusing to read at first since different characters tell the story at different times, but this is a general guide:
Rhiannon writes in this font
Rhubarb writes in this font
I really hope you enjoy it!

Rhiannon

It was a shining Sunday morning. We were minding our peaceful lives obediently like the ticking of a clock, acutely unaware of the outside world.
My dad, Jester, was reading the paper and doing a crossword puzzle.
'What's a five-letter word related to brownie?' he asked.
'Try fudge,' Marina said.
She's the oldest of us six. We have a huge family that can't fit properly at the dining-table, which is squeezed in the kitchen. There's Marina, Roxy, Rhubarb and me, Joe, and my baby sister Helen, who has a misleadingly angelic expression.
'Non-food related,' Joe read, 'try scout.'
'Rhiannon and Rhubarb were taken here by a scout,' Roxy said, reminding us once again that our mom and dad aren't our biological parents. I can't stand Roxy most of the time.
'They've fit in so well you can't tell they've been adopted!' My mom looked up from the bench top in the kitchen. She's a ketchup bottler, but she isn't always working because she has to nurse her babies. She is working now since she told us she's finished with having babies because taking care of six kids is more than enough already.
'Rhiannon and Rhubarb don't look like us,' Roxy said, tossing her hair.
'It's just as well,' my mom said, 'you girls have unbelievably bristly hair.'
All the girls except for me have rainbow-colored hair and blue eyes. My hair is purple and my eyes are murky brown. Rhubarb looks exactly the same, except his hair is gelled up into unnatural spikes.
I've been told the story of how there's someone who controls our home. I certainly don't feel it, except a weird force that keeps me from doing what I want sometimes--banging dishes or drawing on walls.
We send emails to this person. I like sending emails to her (I pretend it's a her) because I always get something nice afterward.
I always end my email with 'see you through the screen'. Don't ask me why.
I edged my way past Roxy, and into my dad's office. I got a sweet mango for a treat after sending my message.
Roxy flicked my sticky palms away from her T-shirt when I went back to the living-room. 'Yuck! Why are your hands all sticky and sweet?'
'She's been eating something nice, silly,' Rhubarb said, sticking his tongue out at her and grinning at me. 'Any mango left for me?'
I handed Rhubarb a piece and he finished it just as the door-bell rang. Mom went to answer it, and came back with a very strange-looking man, who was wearing a skirt made of grass with flowers. He was holding a grass-stained stick in one hand, and a slimy, slick rock in the other. He smiled at us, showing the gaps in his teeth.
'So these are the lost twins,' he said.

COMMENTS THREAD

Edited by Rockmower (10/29/10 09:18 PM)