Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#222819 - 06/24/10 04:39 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: LadyCFII]
KittyB Offline

OK, so just for my understanding - the updated version should fix the 30th generation curse?

I found the link to the thread which explains how to 'choose' your suitor: Clicky I was using this method to save time waiting around for new proposals, but that doesn't work any more. confused

#222820 - 06/24/10 05:13 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: KittyB]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: KittyB
OK, so just for my understanding - the updated version should fix the 30th generation curse?

Yes, it does, plus a few other fixes, such as the issue with the store not always refreshing on time. See the readme file for more details.

#222824 - 06/24/10 07:06 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: arnie]
KittyB Offline

I think I will have to contact Support then, as I have the latest version, but my singleton hasn't received any marriage proposals. I will wait another day or two, but she's already been in the house over 10 years. frown

#222826 - 06/24/10 08:44 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: KittyB]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
KittyB, is it possible that your system clock was changed? That could cause what you are seeing. Also, if you pause the game often, that can affect the rate of emails, as well as events.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#222839 - 06/25/10 06:24 AM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: Xay]
KittyB Offline

Originally Posted By: Xay
KittyB, is it possible that your system clock was changed? That could cause what you are seeing. Also, if you pause the game often, that can affect the rate of emails, as well as events.

I don't think the system clock has been changed - I have it set to automatically update, and I think that happens pretty often, so I would've had this problem before. I have used the 'pause' option a lot in the game - I'd say for at least half my generations - and this is the first time I've had a problem with it. And it happens to coincide with reaching gen 31.

I will keep playing (well, waiting) and see if my person gets any proposals. If not, I will have to start again from scratch.

Thanks for the replies, all.

#222840 - 06/25/10 07:14 AM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: KittyB]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
If you haven't made a back-up of that game slot file then I recommend you do it now. And if the Family Tree doesn't show her having 6 kids then hopefully you'll get an adoption event.

My Generation 30 was fine, it was Generation 31 that didn't get any proposals so I installed the updated version. Then I had to do something different to restart the 31st Generation but at the moment I don't remember what it was.

I just found an older post I made:
Originally Posted By: MissKathy
The game displays a message stating something like "there is not enough room on the family tree and so the first family will be removed from the tree to make room for the new family" and asks if it's ok. I only saw the message once so I don't remember exactly what it said word-for-word. However, if you don't give it permission then consider this to be your last generation because your peep will not get any marriage proposals or adoption events.

Was it simply clicking the Next Generation button that gave me that message? Does anyone else remember what they did to restart Generation 31?

If you never saw that message then I'm thinking that your game is not yet using the updated files. Just a thought.

#222843 - 06/25/10 12:51 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: MissKathy]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
If you go to the families screen you should see the 'New Generation' button at the top. If you click on that, you should get the message mentioned by MissKathy. If you click OK, the game should start agin with you being presented with a choice of the previous generation's kids to pick. If you clicked 'Cancel' or similar earler you would get a situation like the one you describe.

If you can't see the 'New Generation' button and you definitely have version 1.00.09, there's something wrong!

#222845 - 06/25/10 05:02 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: arnie]
KittyB Offline

OK, I backed up my game, clicked on 'New Generation' and then saw the message Miss Kathy posted. I take it the only way forward is to lose my founding family from the family tree? I will have to make a screenshot, so I can remember Bono and Wifi. *sniff* wink

#222847 - 06/25/10 06:19 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: KittyB]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
AWESOME!!! I'm so glad my post helped you! Yes, the only way to move forward is to lose the oldest family from the family tree. And this will happen with each of your next generations.

I remembered thinking that simply installing the update would automatically fix Generation 31 but it doesn't, at least not if you're already there. None of my other families are that far along so I can't test it out on them.

#222848 - 06/25/10 07:18 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: MissKathy]
KittyB Offline

Okeydoke, I will make a screenshot and start my next generation. I will let you know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks, everyone, for all your help. smile

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter