Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 226 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#214820 - 01/07/10 12:50 PM Re: 31st generation [Re: Jenny23]
FuzzyDice Offline

Somewhere, either in this string or another on the same topic, LDW says they are working on a fix. Hopefully they will let us all know when they have it.

#214893 - 01/08/10 03:31 PM Re: 31st generation [Re: FuzzyDice]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I wonder what percentage of players actually reach the 30th generation and come across this bug? I'd think that many will have lost at least some interest in the game before then since it seems to take over six months to reach 30 generations.

I must say that I was beginning to lose some interest. With millions of dollars in the bank and not many challenges to be completed the game became a little repetitive. I still needed one or two insects to complete the collections and therfore the trophies, but I was in some ways re-stimulated by the challenge of re-starting the families from the beginning again.

#214899 - 01/08/10 05:57 PM Re: 31st generation [Re: Jenny23]
bettedaviseyz Offline

Is this one of the times we should maybe contact one of the moderators directly to see if they could possibly give us an answer? I thought they monitored our emails but as of this date (I read some of the earlier emails regarding this problem from back early fall of last year)no response at all. I don't know about you guys but I have put a lot of time and emotion into this game, have highly recommended it to others and I don't understand no response at all from the "creators".

Any feedback would be appreciated.

#214900 - 01/08/10 06:30 PM Re: 31st generation [Re: bettedaviseyz]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We are monitoring these discussions, and we know how serious this issue is. Unfortunately, there is still nothing else to add beyond my earlier response when this bug was first reported in the Virtual Families forum. We will post here when there is something new to report.

Contacting the forum moderators would only frustrate you and them, since the moderators aren't involved in the game development.

#214975 - 01/09/10 09:25 PM Re: 31st generation [Re: LadyCFII]
Riograce Offline
Expert

Loc: Southeastern US
Well, both of my continual games have been hit by this glitch. I'll be sad to lose these families, since I've had them going since the game first came out. :-(

#215004 - 01/10/10 05:59 AM Re: 31st generation [Re: Riograce]
Tralah Offline
Adviser

Thank you for posting, Barbara. I hope there's something new you can tell us soon. I bet a lot of people do stop playing before getting that far, but I think there's a fair number who would like to continue their families further too.

#215056 - 01/11/10 08:18 AM Re: 31st generation [Re: Tralah]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
I just started my 32nd generation in one of my families. Since my 31st generation had all the "symptoms" of the glitch mentioned above (no marriage proposals, says already has children though she doesn't, etc), I assumed that when my lady (Happi) grew old and died, that my game would end. However, along the way she adopted a little boy named Havoc. It showed him as her brother in the family tree. He grew up and went off to college, then she was alone again.

When Happi died, I was waiting for the message that my game was lost, but it didn't appear, so I looked at my family tree. It looked the same as before. I clicked on New Generation and lo and behold there were 4 people to choose from to inherit the home. One was Vista, one of Happi's sisters, TWO were Havoc, identical except for career, and the other was a female with no name. She did not look like any of Happi's sisters either, so I don't know where she came from. I chose this one to inherit the home and named her Sophia.

When I looked at the family tree after starting Sophia's generation, it looked just like it did before, ending with Happi's family (her parents and siblings). Sophia is no where to be found. It does not show another generation after Happi's.

So far Sophia has not received a marriage proposal, which I don't expect her to. It also says she has 4 children. I will see what happens when she grows old and dies.

I wonder if this ability to start an additional generation had anything to do with the fact that Happi adopted Havoc, even though it put him in the family tree as her brother.

Just thought I'd share the details of this interesting turn of events.

#215081 - 01/12/10 03:03 AM Re: 31st generation [Re: LadyCFII]
bettedaviseyz Offline

Barbara, thanks for the info (also received a personal email from Heather regarding this issue). I just took it upon myself to try to grab your attention and get a response as I go to many different game sites and on each of the forums for Virtual Families it is a TRUE problem. We appreciate you guys looking into it and hope to hear from you soon regarding a resolution! I know you guys must have a sense of pride that you created a game we love and want to continue playing! You are amazing. Keep up the great work.

#215632 - 01/24/10 10:39 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: 34liger98]
twilightbabe98 Offline

Loc: My Computer
I have this game on my iPod touch. I'm on my 23rd generation, and I'll be so sad when I have to see my amily go frown

After the 30 generations, can you still find collectibles and earn trophies?

Edited by Xay (01/24/10 11:01 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#215702 - 01/26/10 07:55 PM Re: VF - Single woman with 6 kids at the start [Re: twilightbabe98]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
"We're still working on correcting this bug, and will get it to you as soon as we're able"

In all seriousness, this bug caught me by surprise. We never anticipated that people would take their families into this many generations. BRAVO!

We have the fix implemented and just need to get it up, and announce it. I believe we also have it implemented for iPhone and need to submit that for apple approval.

We are testing a new cloud download server which will handle all our downloads, and I guess the current plan is to put up the new version when the links change, which will be prior to VV4's launch, which will be within a few weeks. So, soon!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter