Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Pangaeus), 78 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#221777 - 05/07/10 11:49 PM Virtual Families Update is Here!
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Hi everyone,

Well we have been late and slow getting updates out for all of our games and we have recently reassessed our process for this and vowed to ourselves to try harder. The first in a wave of product updates is ready and is now live.

Virtual Families version 1.00.09 is available for Mac and PC. It should overwrite your existing version so that your game progress will not be interrupted.

The build primarily contains small fixes and these more significant fixes:
- Fixed "30th generation bug" (when the number of generations reaches 30, older generations will be dropped from the Family Screen as new generations are added).
- Lost TV remote can be recovered by pressing "R" (shift-r) while on the game's main screen.
- Fixes for store issues

If you have the PC version, just download the trial again from www.LDW.com or from www.VirtualFamilies.com and install it over your existing version. If it was registered as the full version before, it should remain registered.

If you bought it for Mac, just send us a ticket via www.LDW.com/support and we will reactive your download with the new version.

If you bought it from another distributor, we will try to get the fix out to all the other online game stores, but some are slow to put new versions up. You are also welcome to contact us with your proof of purchase, and we will take care of you as if you bought it from us. smile

Sorry it has taken so long, but hopefully this will be the start of a wave of updates and support fixes for our games.

Thanks as always for your continued support!!

Arthur

#221797 - 05/08/10 03:18 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: Arthur]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
I seem to be having trouble updating, I tried downloading from both sites and it still shows version 1.00.05. What am I doing wrong? (windows)

#221799 - 05/08/10 04:47 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: Havetia]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It's not necessary to try both sites, since they both link to the same file/location. laugh

Since the downloads are now located on a cloud server, it might take some time to propagate through all of the regional servers. The updated version was uploaded yesterday afternoon. I checked this morning, and I was able to download the updated version. You might wait until late today and try again. We have never been able to determine exactly how long it takes to ripple a file update through all the servers.

#221800 - 05/08/10 05:04 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: LadyCFII]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hurray!!! I was hoping that was what Arthur was doing when I saw him logged on yesterday! smile I've been replaying generation 29 to keep it going, now the family can finally move on to generation 30! Thank you Arthur!!!

#221802 - 05/08/10 07:28 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: Arthur]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Arthur
If you bought it from another distributor, we will try to get the fix out to all the other online game stores, but some are slow to put new versions up. You are also welcome to contact us with your proof of purchase, and we will take care of you as if you bought it from us.

I bought mine from gamehouse. What do I need for "proof of purchase"? Do you know when it will be coming to gamehouse? ~VFLover09

#221803 - 05/08/10 08:25 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: VFLover09]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Most places send a receipt for your purchase in the form of an email. That is accepted as proof of purchase. smile

Simply fill out the support form that you can find in Arthur's post, and when I write you back, you can forward the proof of purchase email/receipt. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#221816 - 05/09/10 12:33 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: Xay]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
My still shows version1.00.05.I just updated at 5.45. a.m. on Sunday .

#221817 - 05/09/10 04:34 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: emri]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
Does this mean I can get more than 30 gens with this also on the ipod too? laugh

#221821 - 05/09/10 05:32 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: Annthewhofan]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We are still working on the iPhone OS version, since it has a few more bugs that need to be fixed. We will let everyone know when that update is available, too.

#221822 - 05/09/10 06:29 PM Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! [Re: LadyCFII]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
This "cloud", among all the others, is arrived in France!! and I succeed to download the version 1.00.09!
I even keep my red ball! laugh

I had make a folder with a copy of all the mods that I had in my game so I was able to put them again in the new version!

I tried the "R" (shift-r) as my remote was on its good place, just to look what will happen. And Hop!!, the remote went in the bedroom!! laugh I did it again and... hop! in the stairs!

I'm only at the 24th generation on my 1st family so I can't tell you anything about that but I'm happy to know that I'll be able to continue my little families!

Thanks a lot!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  LadyCFII, MissKathy, Rockmower, Xay 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter