Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#220873 - 04/01/10 10:17 AM male_heads.png files question
Dandep Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
How can I access the png files (other than text) so I can see the head shots of the males and females in VV4? Or can I? I liked what Vicki (Complexity) did with VV2 and wanted to do something like that myself, unless someone has already done that. But if they have, I haven't found it.
Thanks for your help.

#220876 - 04/01/10 01:28 PM Re: male_heads.png files question [Re: Dandep]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
The Image folder, for PC, usually is usually in C:\Program Files\Virtual Villagers - The Tree of Life.

The best is to look at the bottom of the Forums » Game Mods » VV4 Mods » Installations Instructions for Graphic Mods
Barbara gives all the instructions. And don't forget to make some backups of your "image" folder! smile

#220880 - 04/01/10 02:21 PM Re: male_heads.png files question [Re: laurence]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
What happens when you double-click on the files? You need an image editor or viewer to read PNG files. I'm not sure when support for PNG was added to MS Paint, but I think it's available in XP and later. If nothing happens when you double-click, or you get a message asking what program to use, try right-clicking on the file and choosing Paint or Windows Picture Viewer. Of course, I've you've got another picture viewer/editor installed, like Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop, use that. wink

Dunno about Macs.

#220901 - 04/02/10 09:02 AM Re: male_heads.png files question [Re: arnie]
Dandep Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Thank you Laurence and Arnie. Laurence for tellling me where to find it, and Arnie for telling me how to open it so I could copy it. I have made a nice chart for myself now. Again, guys, thanks a bunch!

Danielle

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter