Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205026 - 07/24/09 11:11 PM Wrapper in tough place...
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
I have a wrapper that I can't get rid of. It's in the computer room on top of the fax machine. I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but I've dropped my peeps all over it and at every different angle and all they'll do is Browse the Web.
Anyone else have something similar, or any suggestions? Right now I'm waiting for a certain event to happen and clean it up.
smile
Marcey

#205030 - 07/24/09 11:28 PM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: AtarahPern]
Uncommon Bug Offline

Loc: Germany
Hehe... these things happen sometimes. Well, if money isn't tight, then you should wait for the service that cleans up everything (weeds, wrappers, socks) for $50. I didn't find any other solution for that. So, just be patient. wink

#205035 - 07/25/09 12:45 AM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: Uncommon Bug]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
I noticed that sometimes things end up in glitchy areas and the children are more likely to pick it up. If you can't get to it, sometimes leaving and coming back to the family enough times will get the things on the floor to switch positions.

I know I've seen the remote move around, not sure about the weeds/wrappers/loose socks though. Let me know if you try it!

#205040 - 07/25/09 01:16 AM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: Lyssaria]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
You can also try "occupying" both computers with other family members. It will either cause them to be confused, or they will pick up the wrapper instead of using the computer.

Also remember that only the edge of the circle needs to touch the edge of the wrapper. So, if you can place them somehow away from the computer (maybe toward the bookshelf) with just the edge of their circle on the wrapper, that might work.

#205042 - 07/25/09 01:21 AM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
If nothing else works, you can just wait for that maid event or if you kept a backup you can use your backups. Sometimes when I make a fresh backup even with the wrapper already existing, it'll move around when I use the new backup and reload the family.

Nothing is 100% for certain as far as I know though >_< Just a few ideas.

#205054 - 07/25/09 02:03 AM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: Lyssaria]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
Wow thats strange crazy I have had some happenings like that but have eventually gotten them...... as others have said I think your best bet is to get the maids to clean it .....

VF2 -80%

#205078 - 07/25/09 03:58 AM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: VVFanatic]
Nealsmama Offline
Adviser

Loc: USA
I hope the maids work for you. In my experience, they come in, charge me $50 and leave at least a sock and/or wrapper and/or cobweb. What a help!

I had a weed in the very top hedge behind the house, and I could not get anyone to pick it up. I had to wait for the weed bomb.

#205128 - 07/25/09 03:15 PM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: Nealsmama]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Thanks all! That's idea is worth giving a try BB. I wonder what they would do... I'll have to try it when I get home.
smile
Marcey

#205136 - 07/25/09 05:29 PM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: AtarahPern]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. smile

Nealsmama, I absolutely hate it when I get the event as soon as I open a family. The event actually appears in game BEFORE the new trash does. So, even if you pay for the service, it only cleans things you left there when you closed the game the last time. All the new stuff appears AFTER the maids are done. It's highly annoying, especially when you have an elderly couple without kids and you've been hoping for the event to help them out a lil. hehe

#205313 - 07/26/09 07:51 PM Re: Wrapper in tough place... [Re: BayouBlonde]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Well I gave it a try. No dice. The third person I dropped on it also said Browsing the Web and stood there for half a second and then shook their head.
Oh well. I'll just keep hoping for that event.
smile
Marcey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter