Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#220409 - 03/20/10 02:29 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
Sabre Offline

Click to reveal..
I got an event twice where one of my farmers had an idea to put pressure on the fruit while the were cooking in the pit.....the first time I choose the "it's too dangerous/don't do it option" and nothing happened....the second time I choose to apply pressure on the fruit and the villager slips and steps on the hot coals frown

#220410 - 03/20/10 02:54 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Sabre]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
Originally Posted By: Sabre
Click to reveal..
I got an event twice where one of my farmers had an idea to put pressure on the fruit while the were cooking in the pit.....the first time I choose the "it's too dangerous/don't do it option" and nothing happened....the second time I choose to apply pressure on the fruit and the villager slips and steps on the hot coals frown

I had this event too and choose
Click to reveal..
to apply pressure on the fruit and the villager was succesfull and set new standards in farming, gained farmerskill if I remember correctly confused

So the outcome of the events can be different, everytime you'd better think twice ... laugh

#220439 - 03/20/10 08:25 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Havetia]
brand1l3n Offline

Originally Posted By: Havetia
Click to reveal..
The Arc of Brilliant Colors:
After a rain, Walter sees an arc of brilliant colors in the sky. He has seen these before and knows that they don't last long, but he would like to know what is at the end of one.

The left side of the arc appears to be near the mausoleum, while the right side appears to be dangerously close the the eastern cliff.

Run to the left side: It disappears

Run to the right side: ?

I'm not sure if anyone is already working on it but I'm making an event guide with everyone's events and results. smile

I just got this one, and tried the second option. I got:
Click to reveal..
Run to the right side: Your tribe gains 300 food.
(The arc seems to go just behind the cliff. Just a little further and he can see what is back there. Wow! He sees a huge patch of rare mushrooms and scoops them up for the tribe.)

#220470 - 03/21/10 09:19 AM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: brand1l3n]
Magic100 Offline

Originally Posted By: brand1l3n
Originally Posted By: Havetia
Click to reveal..
The Arc of Brilliant Colors:
After a rain, Walter sees an arc of brilliant colors in the sky. He has seen these before and knows that they don't last long, but he would like to know what is at the end of one.

The left side of the arc appears to be near the mausoleum, while the right side appears to be dangerously close the the eastern cliff.

Run to the left side: It disappears

Run to the right side: ?

I'm not sure if anyone is already working on it but I'm making an event guide with everyone's events and results. smile

I just got this one, and tried the second option. I got:
Click to reveal..
Run to the right side: Your tribe gains 300 food.
(The arc seems to go just behind the cliff. Just a little further and he can see what is back there. Wow! He sees a huge patch of rare mushrooms and scoops them up for the tribe.)

Click to reveal..

I got that twice so first time i picked left:
The Rainbow Fades
Right Side:
Falls Off Cliff

In my tribe the adults all died this morning. I have 4 Kids left. The stream has dried up/ blocked. cry

#220481 - 03/21/10 06:06 PM Re: What kind of Random Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Magic100]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
Well I have had some of the events listed here already some I haven't.

I have had this one
Click to reveal..
>name< a potential healer has often theorized about the healing properties of the bark of the tree. She is ill choices are eat a bit of bark or not I chose to eat a bit and my person became apprentice healer

Later same tribe different person got same one almost
Click to reveal..
>name< was potential healer theorized about the healing properties of the leaves of the tree choices eat a bit or not chose to eat and person became apprentice healer

so had 2 apprentice healers in same tribe

the next events I got were not ones where there were choices:

1. One day >name< discovered more blackberries behind the blackberry bush tribe gained 350 berries on the bush to pick.

2. Wasps nest in village sting the villagers some of them have a reaction to the stings result some of the villagers health drops down.

#220663 - 03/25/10 02:01 PM An Island Event
MrLynn Offline

Has anyone else experienced the following event in VV4?

Click to reveal..
The Calabash Instrument

I searched through the forums and couldn't find it mentioned.

I chose to

Click to reveal..
Fill it to the top and I lost 2000 tech points

#220665 - 03/25/10 05:16 PM Re: An Island Event [Re: MrLynn]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Yes.
Click to reveal..
Fill it up half-way and you gain 3000 tech points.

#220747 - 03/27/10 10:27 PM Re: An Island Event [Re: arnie]
Ratraccoon Offline

I got the random event where 2 kids fight over a shell and an adult villager has to choose between teaching the kids about sharing or negotiating 3 times. Teach them sharing and your villager becomes an adapt parent. Teach them negotiation and your villager gains a little skill in every thing except parenting.

The first time I got this event I had only one kid in my village so apparently one of my villagers is a bit crazy.

#220780 - 03/28/10 10:19 PM Re: An Island Event [Re: Ratraccoon]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Island events don't bother to count your tribe first. They will happen pretty much at random.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#220988 - 04/06/10 02:29 PM Re: What kind of Island Events do you get? *spoilers*! [Re: Lukerie]
SageOfWinds Offline

I have no idea why, but I got the same two events right away both times I started the game.

Click to reveal..
I got the one about the aspiring doctor getting sick and being advised to munch on tree bark from a dying tree. All that bark worked out pretty well for the tree, right? But when I had them munch the bark, they felt lots better, and became adept doctors. Woo woo! My 6-year-old has mad skillz, yo!

Click to reveal..
Then I got the one about the screaming baby. Since every mommy knows that ditching your firstborn son is a BAD idea (bats and bears and badgers, oh my!), I picked the option to dance on the beach with the child. The baby's OK, the mommy took a nap, and she added "Dancing" as one of her likes.

Oh, yeah... I got the one about the bee stings too.
Click to reveal..
One person got sick, but my new apprentice doctor patched him right up. Everyone ran around randomly for a few seconds. Very cute! Strangely enough, nobody dislikes bees...

Edited by SageOfWinds (04/06/10 04:21 PM)

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter