Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 93 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#219672 - 03/08/10 01:06 PM They all say "No."
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
This isn't exactly a "bug" but more of a strange occurrence. I'm up to around 60 villagers. I pause the game at night and when I'm at work. (Don't want to miss a thing!) For the past couple of days, whenever I unpause the game, I hear "No". "No." Now, I know that's the sound of (usually) untrained or trainee villagers who are refusing to do something. I figured: Ok, with 60 people, there may be a few who are refusing...even though I rarely have more than 3 trainees at a time.

Today I decided to get the "pool party trophy" as I finally have 25 adults. As suggested in another thread, I (not sure if this is a spoiler or not)
Click to reveal..
paused the game so I could get them all in. When they were all in, I unpaused and got the trophy. COOL!
BUT as they were all getting out of the pool, I kept hearing "No." "No."

Every adult was in the pool, so no one could have been refusing to do a task. What's up with that? Only the nursing moms and kids were out running around! confused

#219674 - 03/08/10 01:41 PM Re: They all say "No." [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
whenever I unpause the game, I hear "No". "No."

This is caused by your farmers. When you have unpaused the game your villagers will all decide on a new action. Only four villagers can use the cooking pit at a time and they will "book" their places on a first-come-first-served basis and start making their way to the fruit trees. Any others who decide to shake down a fruit will be "confused" and say "No" before deciding on another course of action.

You probably hear the occasional "No" during the game in similar circumstances when the places at the cooking pit are all "reserved" but it is of course more noticeable when unpausing. There's a post by Barbara earlier in this thread which gives more details.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter