Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#221290 - 04/15/10 05:01 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: spinnything]
Finny Offline

Here's my oldest 'mom'. I didn't think it was possible, I thought they stopped around 50. I had one that was 62, but then I found this nursing mother when I logged on next. They only seem to be able to have children at that age if you set their skill to parenting. I only set the old ones to parenting because I thought they could do their thing, get experience and eventually become a master before they went to join the choir invisible LOL

#221454 - 04/21/10 06:31 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: Finny]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
This one isn't a joke or a glitch, I just find it humorous.

The boy I'm training up to be the next tribal medic* stood solemnly on the long stairs healing his Elderly schoolteacher--took a couple of tries--then immediately dashed off to build sandcastles.

He has his priorities in the right place for his age!
--------------
* After I finally realized that my rapid-learning young girl, one of only 2 females under 50, is going to have to be pregnant nursing a lot of the time and thus unavailable! Which is perhaps funnier when you understand that I'm a 62yo confirmed bachelor in real life, playing god for all these villagers who are fruitful and multiplying.

Edited by George T SLC (04/21/10 06:44 PM)

#221464 - 04/21/10 08:25 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: George T SLC]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I've noticed that the (adult) doctors tend to wander off to take a swim or do their laundry or whatever rather more often than those learning the other jobs. No doubt he's picked up that habit as well!

At least the girl will probably be able to acquire the other skills fairly fast since she's a rapid learner.

#221507 - 04/22/10 05:03 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: arnie]
George T SLC Offline
Expert

Loc: Utah
I think you're right about doctors (or Trainee Healers, which is all I've had so far) in general. Like everyone else, when there's nothing to do for their preference, they choose randomly among their most recent work, their other skills, and non-work. But particularly in a small tribe, healers more often don't have any preferred work available!

However, the boy mentioned above is now the nursery school teacher, and WAY more faithful to that position than either of his two predecessors. He's still check-boxed for Healing, and I think the same choice mechanism explains why that is!

#221524 - 04/23/10 04:44 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: George T SLC]
cindyls Offline

Loc: California
I only just started this a few days ago, so I am sure this has happened to someone else, but I laughed a lot over it ;-) I made a soapy stew so I could get some folks to burp bubbles (I think that is one of the trophy categories), so I put three soap plants in and added food from the bin. The action said, 'throwing up soapy stew' and if that wasn't funny enough, there was a green cloud as they bent over and retched and the sound effect had me laughing! Oh dear...
I have to say that I really like this one better than Secret City. One thing I like a lot is the trophy acquisition which reminds me of Virtual Families. It's a way to keep it from getting boring once you solve the puzzles. I can see keeping this one open for a long time whereas with Secret City I would get bored once I solved the puzzles.
Plus there seem to be so many more activities, especially regarding food. The school is fun and my peeps seem to learn and do things faster than in the other game ;-)

#221529 - 04/23/10 11:12 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: George T SLC]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
George,

Yes, all the doctors seem to study is a few plants, although they might have a few textbooks in the hospital as well. They are also confined to a fairly small area in the hospital. I suppose it can get boring for them after a while, poor things. smile At least the researchers get to make stinky clouds of smoke and other interesting things occasionally, as well as walk about between the rectangular and the round tables.

#221544 - 04/24/10 01:24 AM Re: Funny Actions [Re: arnie]
cindyls Offline

Loc: California
Well, this one was funny, at least to me, if not a little bit sad as well ;-) I was trying to get one of my male villagers to become a scholar, so the only thing he had left to become a master in was parenting. I had him tell stories and then I had him try to couple with some females. He gave some babies, but then I ran out of eligible females. The only one I had left was a 67 yr. old female, so I had him embrace her. They went to the love shack (I just let them walk there since I thought it was interesting they were going, lol). Well, HE came out, but she didn't - one second later, his action was 'burying the dead'. Seems the encounter was too much for her! lol.
Oh well, at least she went happy ;-)

#221575 - 04/25/10 08:36 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: mindilj]
Chatter Offline

I didn't have an Island event, but did have a 55 year woman have a child. Of course this happened after all the medical tech was increased.

#221580 - 04/25/10 10:02 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: Chatter]
dulcey Offline

Loc: England
I just watched a 5-year-old "playing a joke on the adults". He put frogs in their loveshack hot tub! It was so awesome. smile

#221660 - 04/30/10 12:45 PM Re: Funny Actions [Re: dulcey]
petenpete Offline
Adviser

Loc: Manhattan, KS
About a week ago i was trying to train a scholar & the 50+ year old man I'd chosen only needed parenting left to master. Naturally, I was having him tell stories to the kids over & over. Unfortunately, I got called away, forgot to turn off the "parenting" occupation, and didn't get back to that tribe for a few days.

I now have at least a dozen 50 - 60 yr olds laying on top of each other because they're all untrained & all unsure of what to do. In the meantime, to keep the tribe going, I've had a few of the younger ladies have babies, but I've been too busy to try to actively train anyone to do any particular job that they're not doing on their own.

I guess I'm a bad Guiding Hand. PS: Now they're all running as a single body to get out of the rain!! The thundering herd of deadbeats!LOL!

Attachments
Deadbeats w. dentures.JPG

Edited by petenpete (04/30/10 01:00 PM)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter