Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#219766 - 03/09/10 09:41 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: ILSherry]
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
Originally Posted By: ILSherry
Has anyone suggested that before you have your villagers embrace, you hold the F2 function key down if you want a boy and hold the F3 function key down if you want a girl?

As far as I can tell this is 100% accurate.

Works for me, anyway. I keep a 3:1 ratio of girls to boys.

This is very interesting! Who knew! shocked

#219767 - 03/09/10 09:43 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: ILSherry]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
That's a new one on me! Only problem is that you have to wait two Isola years to see if it worked or not...

#219826 - 03/10/10 02:13 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: arnie]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
This was surprising news for me because my tribe seems to produce boys only cry
So I gave it a try, pushed functionkey F3 before embracing until they came out of the loveshack ... then I waited 2 hours very anxiously, held my breath and finally when the suspence was nearly killing me here HE was:

Did I do something wrong? Anyone else has another view on this?
frown

#219829 - 03/10/10 02:21 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: Mbee]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Oh well, another theory bites the dust ... smile

#219933 - 03/12/10 02:06 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: ILSherry]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: ILSherry
Has anyone suggested that before you have your villagers embrace, you hold the F2 function key down if you want a boy and hold the F3 function key down if you want a girl?

As far as I can tell this is 100% accurate.

Works for me, anyway. I keep a 3:1 ratio of girls to boys.

I am trying this for days now:
So far out of 3 tries, 2 are succesfull. But maybe to judge the real efficiency of this technique we must test it a long time, it remains random I think confused

@ ILSherry: Do you hold the F2 or F3 key down till they come out of the loveshack? I want this 100% accurate thing too frown

#219934 - 03/12/10 02:23 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: Mbee]
chocolatechip Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Being chased by angry igaunas
Wouldn't it be smart to try to have a boy to prove the accurateness of this? My village needs Boys! Keepin' my fingers crossed for 100%! crazy

Avvi by AR

#220021 - 03/13/10 02:43 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: chocolatechip]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Which button did you push this time, dear?

#221962 - 05/15/10 05:14 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: gizmeg]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
Originally Posted By: gizmeg
To all of you having trouble with your over 50 women conceiving:

Your best bet is to get the over 50 to at least adept status by fast kissing, master status is probably even better.

Make sure that parenting is ticked as their preferred skill and then close the game for a while - half an hour or so should do it.

When you come back in all likelihood your over 50 will be nursing. I have had many over 50s nursing, some even with twins and right into their 70s. They just don't seem to conceive by forcing matters! grin

Hope this helps, some do have better luck in conceiving than others and having level 3 medicine also increases fertility.

Thanks so much! This worked wonders for me! I could not get anyone over 50 to reproduce, I checked the parenting on my oldest women and quit. I just went back and lookie!! WOOHOO Thanks SO SO much! It does work guys!

Attachments
66 yr old mom.jpg

58 yr old with twins.jpg

#223438 - 07/17/10 04:12 AM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: esther1981]
hurrihottie Offline
Expert

lol im having the opposite prob..i cant produce any boys...out of the last 15 births...only 2 boys...and i only have one male over 18 right now..lol...he is gonna have a lot of kids

#225908 - 12/02/10 05:26 PM Re: Baby Trouble!! [Re: hurrihottie]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Loc: w. Tn
Ok. I "hate" my "dare devil barrel" kids. I never got this event in my 1st tribe. And I can't believe I "finished" it in 4 days, "yes" 4 days, and this tribe is taking "almost" 2 weeks to do. Out of 40 babies, 10 "don't" like running, 10 "don't" like working and the rest are "lazy". The lazy ones keep going to the water fall and "rests". I have tired everything I can think of to get them to work. I put the "don't" like running in research, I've put the "don't" like working, picking the herbs and flowers, when they were kids and in parenting as adults, and "after" I read about it, "speed kissing" to get them Masters in there, and the "lazy" ones to cooking, soap making. And I have seen these "don't" get the tech points in doing this.
I "hope" I don't get another "dare devil barrel". I had my tribe to "my" satisfaction until then. I have in the "orginal" tribe 40 scholars. They have died now. I seriouly "doubt" I'll get any out of the "dare devil" kids.
This is my 2nd tribe. Maxed the population. Maxed the food. From the orginals, I have still several Masters in 3 fields, but they are getting "up" in age to "reproduce". So, I think, there goes my Scholars for the 100 level in Trophies, as this is my "final" trophy to get.
I think I will start a 3rd tribe and see what goes on from there.
Oh well, "life goes on" in VV4.
Happy "living" in VV4 all.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter