Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 23 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#218500 - 02/27/10 04:22 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Cybele UK]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Cybele,

Yes, it looks like the guide is wrong or (less likely) it's a bug. Golden fish start appearing as soon as one or two fish scales are found.

#218501 - 02/27/10 04:30 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: arnie]
AReyeP Offline

Running Win 7 here and no problems so far.

Just a very minor thing - noticed when I hover a villager over the pond near the lab, it says they see the ocean ... well I guess it is a good view from up there but wouldn't the intention have been for it to say they see the pond?

The game guide also says you can't build the clothes hut until level 3 science is researched but it seems you can build it once you have level 2.

Edited by AReyeP (02/27/10 04:31 PM)

#218522 - 02/27/10 05:55 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: JoshDSM]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
JoshDSM, the static in the audio is almost always caused in Windows when your computer is very busy. One way to check this is to run Task Manager (right-click on the Taskbar and choose Task Manager), then click on the Performance tab. This will display your system usage. If it's very high, it can affect audio quality.

To find out which program or system process is using the resources, Processes tab. Once there, sort the processes by CPU usage (click on the CPU heading twice - the first time will show the lowest usage processes on top; the second click will sort by processes that are using the highest amount of CPU).

We know of several applications and Windows system processes that occasionally use very high percentage of CPU, including a popular virus scanning program. If you find a process that is consistently using more than 50% CPU, it is likely causing the audio problem that you're hearing. In that situation, you should try closing the the program that is consuming excessive system resources and see if the game's audio operates normally again.

If you don't find an application that is consuming system resources, you should check to make sure that you have the proper driver installed for your processor. At least one user has reported severe problems with game performance after allowing Windows to install a processor driver during a Windows update. After removing the driver and installing the correct processor driver from the device manufacturer, the problem was corrected.

#218525 - 02/27/10 06:05 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Cybele UK]
Unicorn

Cybele UK - We had to send the Official Guide for VV4 to the art studio weeks before the game was finished. Unfortunately, we made several changes to the game after we wrote the guide, and so there are differences between what the guide describes and the way the game actually works. That's one of the reasons that the notice at the end of the guide states: "LDW Software, LLC (Last Day of Work) reserves the right to make changes in the product described in this game guide, or changes to the game guide itself, at anytime and without notice." It's impossible for us to anticipate changes that may be necessary after the guide is published.

AReyeP - While it is a minor thing, it would be nice to fix this. What's happening is that all "deep water" in the game triggers the ocean message, rather than displaying a more accurate message.

#218528 - 02/27/10 06:14 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Fussbudget]
VLGRFN Offline
Trainee

Loc: Under the Banana Leaf
I'm having a similar situation to food level going down when it's being ADDED. I also have WINXP and running the Developers Edition. Other times it appears not to increase or decrease when food is added - doesn't matter which kind of food.

#218535 - 02/27/10 07:09 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: VLGRFN]
Darknessie Offline

Found 2 spots from where the character cannot move from his own:

Attachments
vv4bug1.jpg

vv4bug2.jpg

#218536 - 02/27/10 07:18 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Darknessie]
Unicorn

We are looking into these issues.

#218542 - 02/27/10 08:59 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Darknessie Offline

Just found another one bug: pick up a villager and press the M button! smile

Attachments
vv4bug3.jpg

#218546 - 02/27/10 09:15 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Darknessie]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Originally Posted By: Darknessie
Just found another one bug: pick up a villager and press the M button! smile

I just tried it, and it's a bug, a humorous one at that laugh

#218556 - 02/27/10 09:39 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Havetia]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Is there supposed to be a percentage of progress when
Click to reveal..
repairing the nets? My villagers have already used 2 bolts of cloth to repair them, I'm sure more are needed, but there is no indication as to what percentage is complete or still needs to be done. There is scaffolding.

Page 9 of 23 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter