Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 11 of 23 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#218647 - 02/28/10 06:26 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: VLGRFN]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Please see this post for an explanation of that crash. smile

#218668 - 02/28/10 11:25 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Sammisam Offline

Loc: UK
Hi, I haven't purchased the game yet as I wanted an answer to my question before I did and I have checked back through all the posts but couldn't find anything related to my problem. For me the game is unplayable at the moment as it is flickering and quite jumpy. The sound works fine and the game play is ok but it's flicking constantly with lines flashing up on the screen all the time. After checking the previous bug solutions I have tried turning off firefox to see if that would help with this problem too but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#218678 - 02/28/10 04:48 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
VLGRFN Offline
Trainee

Loc: Under the Banana Leaf
Hi Barbara,

I changed the compatibility mode of the game executable to WINDOWS 95/98/ME to see if that had anything to do with the Access Violation error.
Unfortunately, instead of checking the same steps that produced the original crashes, I went ahead and began to...

Click to reveal..
create the 2nd lei WITHOUT using someone's suggestion of placing the game ON PAUSE while moving 6 people on top of the blooming flower (in an effort to quickly get them all at once).
I instead, placed people at the flower, one at a time, (you have to be fast to get all 6 in place to pick a flower) - but it WORKED without crashing with the access violation error. I'm not sure, however, if it had to do with changing the compatiblity mode, or if the code just does not like "pause" at that point in the game.

Either way, I'll be curious if a patch is issued or another version of the game is released to correct the issue.

#218680 - 02/28/10 05:00 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: VLGRFN]
Unicorn

You are far more likely to encounter the crash if you pause the game while dropping peeps. As I mentioned in my earlier post, it is a bug in the game that is related to the way villagers shake their heads, and we will be issuing a game update at some point to correct this and several other issues. Changing settings in Windows will not affect this issue, but you can greatly reduce or eliminate the crash by not pausing the game to drop villagers on a task.

#218693 - 02/28/10 06:44 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Sammisam]
Unicorn

Sammisam, the problem you are having is likely due to your computer's display settings. Please see the procedures here in our Support FAQ to help you determine if the game can be run successfully on your computer. I'm assuming that you're using a Windows computer. If that's not the case, please let me know.

#218703 - 02/28/10 07:52 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Tralah Offline
Adviser

I don't know if this is a bug or not. I recently bought rank 3 in Learning and built the school, and I have someone capable of teaching the kids. I've been having him repeatedly teach the children, but I do not notice their skills going up at all. I don't know if this is a bug, but if it's on purpose, then what's the point of the school? Also, the nursing mothers will come over when I drag the teacher to initiate teaching, but when the teacher begins teaching on his own, the children come but not the nursing parents.

I also turned the game off over night. The river was unobstructed when I logged off and I had a couple people on as "Builders". When I logged back in, it was completely blocked. Shouldn't the builders having been clearing it when the game was turned off just as the farmers keep farming and scientists keep researching?

Edited by Tralah (02/28/10 07:54 PM)

#218709 - 02/28/10 08:16 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Tralah]
Unicorn

Children learn and gain skill over time, not all at once like they did with the Chief's training in VV3. If your teacher has the minimum 'qualifications' to be a teacher, the children will not learn as much as they would with a highly skilled teacher. And yes, nursing moms only go to the school when you drop a teacher there.

Two builders are probably not enough to keep the stream unblocked overnight. We're still looking at how this is working, though.

#218713 - 02/28/10 08:39 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Tralah Offline
Adviser

Thanks! I'll improve my teacher's skills. Good to know. If one or two builders can keep the stream flowing when the game is on, it seems to me they should be able to do it when the game is off too, but it's not a huge issue unless it's possible to weaken the reeds again.

#218740 - 03/01/10 01:09 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: ajuma]
Dijonnaise Offline

Loc: France
Hi evrybody!! grin
I have the Demo version for Mac.It worked only two days (yesterday and today) and now when I try to load it, it quits and then I have a message from my computer says" error". mad

Can someone help me please...i'm not an english player,my english is very poor. frown

#218743 - 03/01/10 01:32 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Dijonnaise]
Unicorn

The help that I supplied in this topic should assist you. Let us know if you are still having problems after trying those things.

Page 11 of 23 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter