Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Grumpy Mayor), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#217546 - 02/23/10 04:18 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: frogboy]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
Thank you soo much all of you at the LDW-crew - this game really looks amazing laugh
It's really worth the waith definitely!!

It's so much fun to solve the new puzzles and to watch these new villagers grow and discover the new part of the island, I am having a great time as their guarding hand ... grin

So let me say this:
*Congratulations to all of you laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh *

#217549 - 02/23/10 04:30 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: frogboy]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
You know, everyone keeps blaming the BABY for the delay. Well, maybe a few days, but hey, LDW gave us a beautiful, fun and as far as I can tell, bug-free game. I've been on SOOOOO many sites that poster after poster have problems playing the game. Here? I saw maybe a couple of problems.

LDW: Hats off for making a wonderful bug-free game!

#217598 - 02/23/10 06:36 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Daantje]
Amk Offline

I really love the way the game moves. And I really love the grafics. And I really love the way you can find your villagers. And I really like the fact that the screen is wider. Till now I havn't found anything i don't like or love.
But I don't like it that I have to work tomorrow.
Why am I not a kid? They have a holidaybreak this week......
I really hate that.

#217603 - 02/23/10 06:47 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Daantje]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! Every time I get a new LDW game I think that there is no way you guys will top it. And every time there's a new game you do! I love the pick your own villagers feature. The collectibles! Being able to see them somewhere is soooooo cool! The mausoleum is amazing (though I haven't had to use it yet). You guys did an amazing job, again. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to putting out amazing games for all of us die-hard VV fanatics.

#217605 - 02/23/10 06:52 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Daantje]
Paradoxis Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
First impression? AWESOME.
Haven't had any problems with the puzzles or anything so far. The only criticism (if you could call it that) would be that there's too much fog. It seems to come every five minutes and over the last ten hours straight that I've been playing, it's become quite annoying. Heh.

This game seems to move faster than the earlier ones, which is gratifying.

It's also a bit annoying to have to keep a builder permanently at the base of the waterfall to stop the stream clogging up, but once you've got a few "spare" peeps it's not too bad. Till then it's just a bit of a juggling act.

Overall, imo this is the best one so far! In every aspect! Good work everyone, and thankyou so much for bringing yet another top quality game to us obsessive types. wink

#217624 - 02/23/10 08:59 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Raeperk]
crazybrad Offline

thank you for this great game it is really fun. i already yelled at a women villager had to get with another man 11 times for her first child lol. my other girl already had 3 i was like beep beep beep .

i really like the credits too how you put in there production babies now i see why it took so long wink.

great game keep it up and i glad this isn't the end of the series.

ps i going yell at this villager some more it kinda got fun lol

Edited by crazybrad (02/23/10 09:01 PM)

#217630 - 02/23/10 09:44 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: crazybrad]
Maniac Mom Offline

Loc: Under Hav's smelly socks
Hav and I have been playing the 1 hour trial. THIS IS A TOTALLY AWESOME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazy *runs around like a maniac* And I am forty-eight year old woman but I cannot help myself this is a cool game. Now *starts calming down, slowly converting back to a forty-eight year old woman* so that I can talk my level headed, lives in the real world, realistic husband into buying me and Hav this game.

#217657 - 02/23/10 10:58 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Maniac Mom]
Xzorya Offline

Loc: California
LOL MM. I'm 47 and got all kinds of excited too smile

I really love the game! I like how the game play seems a bit faster. Love what you can do with the huts. I like the bigger screen and the graphics and music are great! It is very cool to be able to select your tribe at the beginning. I can't wait to play with that when I get around to creating other tribes.

I had my 6 month old granddaughter yesterday and brought the game up and she really liked looking at the beautiful graphics with all of the rich colors. She liked watching the villagers move around and she laughed when she heard the sounds the children make when I pluck them up to go retrieve an item. I think she really liked the music as well. She went down for her nap, no problem, and I think it might have been the nice music playing.

Well, this inadvertently turned out to be more of the baby's reaction to the game but, hey, just shows how these games are enjoyed by all ages! smile

Thank you LDW!

X

#217658 - 02/23/10 10:59 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Maniac Mom]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Maniac Mom, I am totally obsessed with this game. I loved the other VV and LDW games but this one really has me hooked. I can play this for hours and hours at a time.

#217665 - 02/23/10 11:46 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: karwin]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: karwin
I love this series, but am a little disappointed b/c I expected so much MORE.I expected an awesome game because of the almost 6 month delay, but all we got is the same old vv as we have always had frown

If you are disgruntled by the game, well that's why they have a free trial. That way you can decide if you like it before you buy it.

This game is a progression (sequel if you prefer) of the Virtual Villagers games and the story of Isola. It was never intended to be a completely new type of game, just a new chapter in the story. I hope there are many more chapters to come.

The reasons a game may be delayed are too numerous to mention here. There are thousands of lines of code to be written. Then they have to test, retest, and finally test some more. Finally, there's a little thing called life that impacts game development.

They met their announced target date, just on the far end of it. IF you recall, the original announcement was for 4th Quarter 2009 or 1st Quarter 2010. Technically, they had another 37 days to release it, so just be glad it came out when it did.
Your reaction
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 02/23/10 11:46 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter