Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#219118 - 03/03/10 08:14 PM Potion disappointment after Puzzle #16
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
I thought that after Puzzle #16 was solved
Click to reveal..
the flowers in full bloom could go into wondrous additional stews, but no, they just get taken to the lab and disappear.

#219132 - 03/03/10 09:41 PM Re: Potion disappointment after Puzzle #16 [Re: cnm]
Happy Birthday laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
It gives some tech points, useful if you want to change your villagers' clothes! laugh
for example!

#219133 - 03/03/10 09:43 PM Re: Potion disappointment after Puzzle #16 [Re: laurence]
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
I have tech points out the kazoo. And indeed, changing clothes is about all there is to do with them.

#219136 - 03/03/10 09:57 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: dollady]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: dollady
I'm a 60 year old Granny enjoying VV4, this is the first VV game I have played. It might start a Granny/Grandad group.

Or a Granny/Grandchild group! All the LDW games are about the only ones I know that are enjoyed equally by young people, their parents, and their grandparents.

#219243 - 03/04/10 09:51 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: ILikeRunners]
JackiDance Offline
Trainee

Loc: Delaware, USA
I love the series as I stated many times in many posts. I also would like to see things i have suggested before, like traveling to the other parts of the island for visits and bringing back maybe kids or relatives, that kind of thing. I so much appreciate the new burial mausoleum. And I am one of those that won't spend 5000 tech points for clothes until i have finished everything else.
I would love to see the ability to go back and forth between the old areas of VV 1 - 4 and I would also like to see a genealogy tree. With hundreds of islanders in 1, 2 3 & now 4 to keep track of it would be cool to see the relationships and hair coloring, etc. that carries down through the generation. So, I think it should show the parents always, not just til they are 14.
Also, the red crabs are so clever. However did you do that. Make the kids run back and forth while you drop a villager on top of the quickly disappearing crab. It is just so clever.
In other words, I am the gushing LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT just for what it is. Whatever 5 becomes, it will be an interesting exploration. So, LDW get to work! Get us #5 - the sooner the better.
OH, forgot to mention, I'm one of the Grannies, 73 years old and loving it.

Edited by JackiDance (03/04/10 09:52 PM)
Edit Reason: adding

#219289 - 03/05/10 07:48 AM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: JackiDance]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: AReyeP
It's good to see some people trying to offer constructive criticism rather than just gushing about the game -

That's why this thread is subtitled (Say Thanks & give us your first impressions). The developers fully realize that not everyone will be happy with the game. It's only by you providing your honest opinions that they can know what impression the games have on you.

I do think that some people still don't understand the difference between a casual and a core game (other than the price tag). Casual games don't incorporate evolving levels of challenge. They aren't nearly as intense, or for that matter as detailed. They also don't usually have a defined "end point."

They do provide hours (days; weeks; months) of relaxing game play. You can play for a few minutes to a few hours, then pause the game and come back a day or even a month later and pickup where you left off. All, without having to have an instruction manual the size of a college text book to tell you what key sequences are required to make a monkey jump up in the air and throw a ball while dodging falling apples.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#219373 - 03/06/10 01:18 AM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Raeperk]
Krelxean Offline
Adviser

I would have preferred more colorful huts, like in VV3 and VV2, but I don't have any other complaints. I love VV4!

#219394 - 03/06/10 03:09 AM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Krelxean]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
I think there will be a lot of mods for the huts, I tried one myself but will try some more to get a grip on it before I start posting them grin

#219443 - 03/06/10 03:51 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressions) [Re: Mbee]
Tmac Offline
Master

I am in love with the VV series again laugh
This has been my fav ! Before it was VV2 .

#219468 - 03/06/10 07:14 PM Re: Thank You LDW!(Say Thanks & give us your first impressio [Re: vh713]
ianallen2 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have downloaded the game and paid for the full version. It is great to play and I like how some of the tasks go down 1% per happening, like the removal of debris in the stream. I think it takes too long for someone to get to 'Master' level though as they are doing something constantly, ie - building or researching. I have collected all items apart from all the fish scales, which seem to have slowed down a lot in appearing. I just need one more level on the tree and then all tasks are done and levels completed. Just got to get my population up to 20 adults to honour the tree then its all completed. I hope there is another one out later in the year. Perhaps a number 5 ???.

Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter